Grundy County @ McMinn Central (Substate)

blitzinbuc

I will admit this McMinn Central over achieved this year in my opinion. The play of Trentem inside has been a huge boost. This team looks for tournament ready and I am anxious for this game. This one will be a tough one.

I agree with you. I expected sub-state this year (just from the lack of good teams in the region) but, I think they will have to play their best game of the year to move on. It could go either way. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you. I expected sub-state this year (just from the lack of good teams in the region) but, I think they will have to play their best game of the year to move on. It could go either way. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

Of the teams I'm predicting to advance to State, I think it will be an overall better group than last season. Central will have their hands full with their Substate game against a solid Grundy Co. team - who's probably a little miffed over losing the Region Championship game in overtime they know they could have just as easily won in regulation.

Of the teams I'm predicting to advance to State, I think it will be an overall better group than last season. Central will have their hands full with their Substate game against a solid Grundy Co. team - who's probably a little miffed over losing the Region Championship game in overtime they know they could have just as easily won in regulation.

I would agree with that as well. I think 3 of the 4 strongest teams were on the same side of the bracket last year. (Central, Cannon, & Elizabethton) I actually thought Liberty would beat Macon but they didn't play well at all....One thing is certain, Central has had better teams that have lost and worse teams that have won at this point.

Saturday will be one heck of a game!! :roflol: As a former Lady Jacket this girls have made me proud. I say we stop all the trash talk and leave it up to the girls because the talking is not going to change the outcome. The girls need to fight out the win, and I can not wait to be there to see it. I think which ever team loses will be a great disappointment, because both of these teams deserve a chance I think. Yes, Grundy lady are pretty mad that they lost. So we will see if they carry that over into tomorrow nights game! So good luck ladies!

Just a FYI for our Grundy County friends. A tornado touched down less than 2 hours ago just a couple miles south of Etowah, and about 6 miles south of McMinn Central High School. Several homes were destroyed and a lot of trees are down in the affected area, but no loss of life reported - praise God. Some wind damage in Etowah, too. Fortunately, all McMinn County schools were dismissed at 1:00 p.m.

Saturday will be one heck of a game!! :roflol: As a former Lady Jacket this girls have made me proud. I say we stop all the trash talk and leave it up to the girls because the talking is not going to change the outcome. The girls need to fight out the win, and I can not wait to be there to see it. I think which ever team loses will be a great disappointment, because both of these teams deserve a chance I think. Yes, Grundy lady are pretty mad that they lost. So we will see if they carry that over into tomorrow nights game! So good luck ladies!

Come on! Ease up a little! Most of us realize it's for the kids, but that don't stop all us has-beens and want-a- be's from getting on here and having a little fun and making a fool of ourselves. :rolleyes: You should be very proud of your team. It's a shame that there had to be a loser in that game. You have a great team. It could just have easily been LA traveling to McMinn Co. The best of luck to both teams and may the best team win. :thumb:

Edited by rabbitranch

Just a FYI for our Grundy County friends. A tornado touched down less than 2 hours ago just a couple miles south of Etowah, and about 6 miles south of McMinn Central High School. Several homes were destroyed and a lot of trees are down in the affected area, but no loss of life reported - praise God. Some wind damage in Etowah, too. Fortunately, all McMinn County schools were dismissed at 1:00 p.m.

Hope all is safe and thank god for no loss of lives!!! Should make everyone realize the game of LIFE is alot bigger than any game. Let us know if we can help in any way!!! May God bless everyone around Etowah!!

Come on! Ease up a little! Most of us realize it's for the kids, but that don't stop all us has-beens and want-a- be's from getting on here and having a little fun and making a fool of ourselves. :rolleyes: You should be very proud of your team. It's a shame that there had to be a loser in that game. You have a great team. It could just have easily been LA traveling to McMinn Co. The best of luck to both teams and may the best team win. :thumb:

Lol, I just never been one for trash talk...Not meaning to make anybody mad! I am very proud of my team and happy they have gotten so far. I just think its funny to see how some ppl talk to one another on here.

well said hope all is safe in your are tonight rabbit

Hope all is safe and thank god for no loss of lives!!! Should make everyone realize the game of LIFE is alot bigger than any game. Let us know if we can help in any way!!! May God bless everyone around Etowah!!

On days like today, we all need to realize that the safety of our neighbors and kids are what is most important.

Just saw something interesting. Out of the 26 votes as of now, 100% of the voters think Central wins. And I if I had to pick, I too would go with Central. Only because its at the round house. GC is capable of going down there and winning but it will be all uphill for them and they will have to handle 32 minutes of pure pressure. If they can they have the inside play to hang with anyone in AA! This should be a great game.