Stone vs Alcoa

PantherProud

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a an awesome game. Round 1 Alcoa and their press caused TO after TO and cruised to a 12 pt win, round 2 Stone made the right adjustments and handled the press and alcoa mailed it in early and stone cruised, round 3 alcoa made an adjustment on the press moving 6'6 shown on the ball and leaving dean to roam, and the press won alcoa the game in the district championship. Round 4 will come down to who can make the most plays, both coaches are great and will hold nothing back because both teams feel that if they win this game they should not lose on their home court in the sub-state. Cole was slowed a lil on the defensive end against AE but on offense he was a beast,Maybe alcoa tries to expose him on d, but maybe stone plays more zone to help him.I think that will be the CHESS game within the game...Stone IMO is better when brock,rob, and cole all are around the 20 pt mark instead of cole 30+ brock 10+ rob 10+.If alcoa does take the lead late can they hit their FTs to seal the deal or do they make things more difficult?

Ready for a great game!! Good Luck to both teams in sub-state!!!

Came to watch a game......but ended up being a one man SHOW(ref)....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate that one ref wants all the attention ,usually short and squirrely ! Ive seen at State so often deciding the games instead of the players, I quit going..its an insult to TSSAA to allow it year in year out..

I'm not even a Alcoa fan and i felt bad for them. That was one of the worse officiated games I seen.

Why would you feel bad for Alcoa? Jones starts harping on the refs at the tip off and they play aggressive. That's a recipe for some whistles not going your way. I'm glad they didn't blow it on the very last play. The kid never touched Dean on the lay-up attempt.

Why would you feel bad for Alcoa? Jones starts harping on the refs at the tip off and they play aggressive. That's a recipe for some whistles not going your way. I'm glad they didn't blow it on the very last play. The kid never touched Dean on the lay-up attempt.

It looked like he did but i agree you shouldnt call that foul,but once u call that foul when torino ran into brock, u have to call that one at the end. Alcoa shouldnt let stone stay in the game, Shown didnt have his best game so it keep stone in the game, and dean and ramsey being in foul touble all night didnt help.

I bet both teams would love a rematch because that means it will be for the title....

It looked like he did but i agree you shouldnt call that foul,but once u call that foul when torino ran into brock, u have to call that one at the end. Alcoa shouldnt let stone stay in the game, Shown didnt have his best game so it keep stone in the game, and dean and ramsey being in foul touble all night didnt help.

I bet both teams would love a rematch because that means it will be for the title....

It was 2 teams knowing what the other is doing. After playing 4 times it usually comes down to who wants it more. The reason Alcoa didn't put Stone away is the tables were turned in the 2nd half. Stone pressed them and they didn't handle it well. The reason Shown didn't have his best game was probably going up against Brandon Cole will do that sometimes. 2 evenly matched teams playing hard ended up like it should. I don't think the refs were that bad. They let em play. Yeah they missed some on both ends, but the worst one I saw was the double dribble Tate pulled off. They even showed that one on the Knoxville news channel.