R1AA Chuckey-Doak

skate2ice

It was delayed because of tornado warnings last night...after April last year, they can't be too careful.

As far as being surprised, I am not at all. CD is a solid ball team and while grainger is as well, it is extremely difficult to beat a good team 4 times in one year...especially playing on their home floor 3 of those times!

Grainger peaked early this year and had some injury issues they had a hard time over coming from what I can gather...but regardless, good luck to both teams in the substate :)

I'm not surprised that CD and Grainger made it through on top. You have to know the emotion the Frye's are playing and coaching with, and Grainger is just one of those teams that keep the pressure up to the last second. Good luck to both teams, and you know both teams are fired up!

I think this has been an unusual year for Greeneville and SG, but they won't stay out of the top very long. I think AA ball in E. TN will always be a dog fight until the last buzzer of the last game of the season.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can blame CDHS flaws on the county school board and cutting funding to the new school. our school was suppose to be so much bigger than what it is now. Don't take this wrong or anything our school is very very nice. but short did honestly why don't have a new football stadium still puzzles me since we have the worst facilities in the state as far as providing things to the fan. I would love to have Grainger's Football Stadium nicest in the BRAC imo.. yes nicer than Greeneville's I love Grainger's. Now I think CD is a great spot for the Tournaments. Blame all the down falls of the Tournament on the School Board but besides that all the way from the districts to regionals it was a PACKED house. CD didn't have to give up their locker rooms the other locker rooms have 2 locker rooms inside. so it could fit all the teams that played in tournaments. but overall a great tournament..

They have a tiny room inside each lockeroom but thEy do not have separate bathroom facilities in them. Boys and girls should not have to be in the same room. Yes it was packed, that's because it was so small. Grainger also has the nicest gym in the BRAC. It is better than any of the others. It will seat 2500. That's about 1000 more than CD.

This was a great game that was well officiated. Of course I look at it objectively. You guys are looking with your pom poms in hand. The main thing most fans need to learn is THAT A BLOCKED SHOT IS NOT A FOUL! As I remember at the end of the game Grainger had to foul 4 times to get to the CD to the bonus. The fouls at the point were 8 on CD and 3 on Grainger.

Grainger also has plenty of parking, places for buses to park, and adequate locker rooms.

I thought I remember at one time that there were minimum gym requirements, including number of seats, in order to host a regional playoff game. Did I imagine that?

No AD or team can change their gym facilities, it is what it is and that is their home court. The facilities are really dictated literally by school boards and county budgets. My personal feelings is that hosting is a "perk" for the winning team. Question - Why should a team be denied using their own gym if they have earned that right? I would bet that almost all teams will welcome any improvements of their gym (and locker rooms I assume), except Grainger Co. facilities which are very nice.

Chuckey Doak's great run came to an end tonight against a solid Stone Memorial squad. It hurts to lose that close to getting to the Boro, but a great effort none the less. Congratulations Lady Black Knights! Grainger County also saw its season end tonight on the road at Loudon. I am sure Grainger is hurt coming so close and finishing a great season on a down note. Congratulations to the Lady Grizzlies on a 30 win season! Hopefully, Region 1 will send a team to the Boro next year.