Kelsey Myers return for McMinn Central

paula

Many of our Central fans have been asking when freshman, Kelsey Myers, would be able to return. I just found out she has been released from her doctor to do so. I am so excited for her return. I just hope her weeks of rest will not affect her stamina for the games to come. Welcome back Kelsey!

Many of our Central fans have been asking when freshman, Kelsey Myers, would be able to return. I just found out she has been released from her doctor to do so. I am so excited for her return. I just hope her weeks of rest will not affect her stamina for the games to come. Welcome back Kelsey!

What was wrong with her?

she had a sprained ankle and a hair-line fracture tibula

Other than Jenna, which was a big loss, you guys didn't lose that much did ya? Think the state tournamnet is going to be tough this year. Obion, Manassas or Covington, CPA, Macon County, Livingston will be tough opponents. Obion is going to be real tough for whoever. They are loaded. Lots of nice people in McMinn. Enjoyed meeting you guys the last couple of years. Talked to Johnny several times. All seem like very down to earth people. Good luck the rest of the way.

Great News! She is a hybrib type of player. Quick to the goal, can knock down mid range jumper, and is strong/quick inside. I love watching her play!

Other than Jenna, which was a big loss, you guys didn't lose that much did ya? Think the state tournamnet is going to be tough this year. Obion, Manassas or Covington, CPA, Macon County, Livingston will be tough opponents. Obion is going to be real tough for whoever. They are loaded. Lots of nice people in McMinn. Enjoyed meeting you guys the last couple of years. Talked to Johnny several times. All seem like very down to earth people. Good luck the rest of the way.

Hey Pioneer, I was about to start a post to see if you were out there to get your opinion on things. I think you give some of the most impartial commentary on the boards....Central also lost a phenomenal freshman (Guardiola) from last years team. She has transferred to another school but I am not sure if she is currently playing. She was probably the best athlete on that team last year. I think if she was still with the team, Central would have a great shot again this year. Watch out next year, Central will be very tough.

Hey Pioneer, I was about to start a post to see if you were out there to get your opinion on things. I think you give some of the most impartial commentary on the boards....Central also lost a phenomenal freshman (Guardiola) from last years team. She has transferred to another school but I am not sure if she is currently playing. She was probably the best athlete on that team last year. I think if she was still with the team, Central would have a great shot again this year. Watch out next year, Central will be very tough.

Alisa transfered to McMinn County High School up the road because of reasons that shouldn't be mentioned on a public forum. She would not have been allowed to play for Central until at least January because of the previous unnamed reasons. From what I have been told, she was going to try to play at McMinn, but more 'reasons' came up that prevented her from playing there as well. She's a great talent with an incredible potential that can't seem to keep her head on straight at times...

Alisa transfered to McMinn County High School up the road because of reasons that shouldn't be mentioned on a public forum. She would not have been allowed to play for Central until at least January because of the previous unnamed reasons. From what I have been told, she was going to try to play at McMinn, but more 'reasons' came up that prevented her from playing there as well. She's a great talent with an incredible potential that can't seem to keep her head on straight at times...

Unfortunately, like many children, she's a product of the environment she's been around.....and I'll say no more on that. She has made strides toward improvement due to her seeing the results of setbacks and being around some people who care (not saying people at Central didn't care). I think the transfer has been good for her, even though the process of her maturing is still a work in progress. She's scheduled to play on a U16 AAU team we're forming in Athens, and she'll be coached by a legend, which will be good for her to play under because he won't tolerate much. Don't be surprised to see her dressed in black & gold next season, with a much improved attitude.

I agree with what someone above said, if she was on Central's team this year, I think they'd repeat as State Champs.

Unfortunately, like many children, she's a product of the environment she's been around.....and I'll say no more on that. She has made strides toward improvement due to her seeing the results of setbacks and being around some people who care (not saying people at Central didn't care). I think the transfer has been good for her, even though the process of her maturing is still a work in progress. She's scheduled to play on a U16 AAU team we're forming in Athens, and she'll be coached by a legend, which will be good for her to play under because he won't tolerate much. Don't be surprised to see her dressed in black & gold next season, with a much improved attitude.

I agree with what someone above said, if she was on Central's team this year, I think they'd repeat as State Champs.

I hope she is back on a high school floor soon. She has a lot of potential and I really hope she can turn things around. Even if she is wearing black & gold ;)

You're exactly right Buc. Having coached her before, I could often see in her eyes and the way that she competed that it's in her to straighten up and turn all of this around. She loves to compete and knows she's good. Really good. So far, the proper balance of coach to player 'friendship' and authority just haven't been found. And you're right, she hasn't had much positive support from the homefront. I hope and pray that it all works out, though I'd rather not see her twice a year in black and gold! ;)