seq at howard substate game...

lsufootball12

Seq is better than wat u thank ain't they? The big ol boy wasn't that impressive.. its a ten point win for yal so don't be sayin it shouldn't been that close...

From what i hear they tripple teamed walters most of the game not allowing him to have a big impact on the game so for walters to not be impressive but for this howard team to score almost seventy says alot about sequatchie>>> also heard alot of calls werent made and Howards freshman had a big game no need going back and forth the game is over but i did hear that sequatchie never really threatened Howard>>>is that true?

From what i hear they tripple teamed walters most of the game not allowing him to have a big impact on the game so for walters to not be impressive but for this howard team to score almost seventy says alot about sequatchie>>> also heard alot of calls werent made and Howards freshman had a big game no need going back and forth the game is over but i did hear that sequatchie never really threatened Howard>>>is that true?

If you heard that not sure what game they watched? It was 16-16 after the first quarter. 38-33 at the half, I think it was 7 point game at one point early in the fourth until Howard pulled away and kept it around the 10-12 point mark.

Howard was never threatened? It was a single digit game nearly the entire night. Take away a 23 ft. banked three pointer, and a 18 foot floater off the back board and it's a tied game going into halftime. And give Sequatchie some credit. You're acting like they was blown out. Two days ago you said Howard could defend Cartwright with one guy. He had 31 and probly close to 10 assist. And a lot of calls weren't made... 2 back court calls against howard should have been called when it was a 6 point game. Howard won fair and square. The refs missed calls both ways. You Howard fans are acting like it wasn't a close game. Howard played a great game and I hope they do good in the state tourney, but when the game was over, they knew Cartwright and Sequatchie could play ball.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/mar/06/howard-tops-sequatchie-in-sectional/?sportspreps

http://chattanoogan.com/2012/3/5/220915/Walters-Leads-Howard-Past-Sequatchie.aspx

Game stories

I was not able to make it over, what a time to have a severe case of the flu. I was getting updates throughout and it sounded basically as the articles put it, Howard made the shots when the attention was being paid to the big post. I'd rather someone have to hit one from the outside than a 6'9", 280-pounder get easy looks from two feet, but they made them. It sounded a few times like he was allowed to "camp out" too long but that's the way it's been the entire postseason; off the top of my head I don't remember one three-second call in any of the district or region boys games. I was told there was another big turnout, that's not surprising, even less surprising is that I was told the players gave it all they had and never gave up down to the final minute. That was the first sectional appearance since the 89-90 season (not including the two-year, six team sectional format in the late 90s), and if it wasn't a school record for wins it had to be close so the team has nothing to be ashamed of.

Im just saying what I heard ... I did hear Cartwright could play but I heard he was the only major threat and I also did hear that you guys weren't bad like in the past... But you have to realize Howard's best guard wasn't allowed to play this year and their starting power forward broke his ankle... Howard returns almost everyone... How did the freshmen play for Howard? I know he was all region

All I'm saying is do not try to take anything away from Sequatchie by saying Howard wasn't threatened by them. If that was the case it would have been a blowout. Either team would have represented well at the state tournament. Both teams played hard till the buzzer, a couple calls here and there, a couple made/missed shots and it would have been Sequatchie on top. Nothing for them to hang their heads about. Howard is a good team. But so was Sequatchie. And I believe they proved that tonight.