Clarkrange vs Grace Baptist Academy

CASC95

Clarkrange battled back from 7 down at halftime to take a 4 point lead late in the game but couldn't overcome a few turnovers at the end.

However, that being said, being at the game, I witnessed an event that should be brought to light. After the game, I was sitting directly behind the Grace bench when I felt water on the left side of my face. I turned to my left to see a Clarkrange fan in the stands shouting at an assistant coach of Grace (that was still on the court). Then after a few words, that assistant coach immediately jumped up in the stands and began punching the Clarkrange fan. (think Ron Artest situation a few years ago - Nov. 19, 2004)

I don't care what happened, if water was felt, a coach should not jump in the stands and attack a fan. The whole situation was being taped, so I hope the proper actions are taken.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarkrange battled back from 7 down at halftime to take a 4 point lead late in the game but couldn't overcome a few turnovers at the end.

However, that being said, being at the game, I witnessed an event that should be brought to light. After the game, I was sitting directly behind the Grace bench when I felt water on the left side of my face. I turned to my left to see a Clarkrange fan in the stands shouting at an assistant coach of Grace (that was still on the court). Then after a few words, that assistant coach immediately jumped up in the stands and began punching the Clarkrange fan. (think Ron Artest situation a few years ago - Nov. 19, 2004)

I don't care what happened, if water was felt, a coach should not jump in the stands and attack a fan. The whole situation was being taped, so I hope the proper actions are taken.

Congratulations to Clarkrange on their season this year, and Grace for the win. This was a well played ball game, both teams left everything on the floor. As for the incident, it was an absolute disgrace to both schools and the sport in general. I dont care who's fault or who started what. It's ridiculous that anything like this happened. Fans should leave crap alone, why throw water? Clarkrange lost a close game to a good team. It jst blows my mind how immature some "adults" are. The coach should have never done anything either regardless of what was thrown. This should have never happened. I hope the proper actions are taken place by both sides of the situation and not just Grace's coach. Garbage like this is what gives schools and players a bad name. Those kids went out and played their heart and soul out for that ball team and their fans and their fans ruin their moment by showing their tails. I feel bad for the Crange and Grace ball players for having to witness that. Congradulations to Chad and Cody Henry and Jacob Masters for a wonderful 4 year career. We will definantly miss you guys. good luck to Grace in their run for the gold.

Congratulations to Clarkrange on their season this year, and Grace for the win. This was a well played ball game, both teams left everything on the floor. As for the incident, it was an absolute disgrace to both schools and the sport in general. I dont care who's fault or who started what. It's ridiculous that anything like this happened. Fans should leave crap alone, why throw water? Clarkrange lost a close game to a good team. It jst blows my mind how immature some "adults" are. The coach should have never done anything either regardless of what was thrown. This should have never happened. I hope the proper actions are taken place by both sides of the situation and not just Grace's coach. Garbage like this is what gives schools and players a bad name. Those kids went out and played their heart and soul out for that ball team and their fans and their fans ruin their moment by showing their tails. I feel bad for the Crange and Grace ball players for having to witness that. Congradulations to Chad and Cody Henry and Jacob Masters for a wonderful 4 year career. We will definantly miss you guys. good luck to Grace in their run for the gold.

I agree it is a disgrace, but it did happen and people could have been seriously injured from this incident. I felt the water hit my face too, so I am not sure whom threw what and where at, but Grace's assistant coach jumped in the stands and went after a Clarkrange fan, so I'm assuming it was that man he attacked that threw the water.

However, with that being said, I felt as if the coach that did attack was ready to be mad at something after Clarkrange cheerleaders used Grace's chairs for a routine before the game started. The assistant coach got mad and told the refs and after that had the players drag their chairs on the floor. It was as if he was already mad and the water was the last straw. That's just my thinking.

Being in a hostile environment, coaches tell their players to keep their composure and coaches must do the same. I asked the guy next to me before the game why are the Clarkrange fans directly behind Grace's bench. That is a recipe for disaster.

If it's the same size it used to be, I'd say any fans able to find a seat anywhere were fortunate no matter if students or other fans. What happened to the minimum seat requirement for hosting, I can't believe Grace meets a standard. The Chattanoogan story briefly mentioned a brawl, the Free Press did not, possibly due to time constraints. I am sure there will be plenty said later.

I was setting in front of the man that the assitant coach attacked and the man never threw anything . From what i seen grace academy player threw water at clarkrange fans player#44 i beleive. The coach came from middle of the floor on the bleachers hitting a disabled women and knocking her off the 4th role of the bleachers to the floor. He was in a rage he said someone threw a bottle at him which was a lie. The gentleman he hit did not do anything i know for a fact the assitant coach was mad the whole game he was looking for any reason to fight. What worries me is that this is supposed to b a christian school and from what i seen it wasnt i seen 1 player cursing. The coaches r supposed to set example for the kids he has far from done that. What was so bad the law would not let the disabled lady press charges and that is awful this coach has told 5 differant stories he even told that the fans called him the (n) word. Our kids r taught better than that. I thank he should loose his job over this he hurt 2 people and tssaa want even fine them. If he gets away w/ this then its teaching the kids that they can act the same way. I sure would hate to know that my kids was going to grace baptist academy and being taught to curse and fight. Lord help these people.

I was setting in front of the man that the assitant coach attacked and the man never threw anything . From what i seen grace academy player threw water at clarkrange fans player#44 i beleive. The coach came from middle of the floor on the bleachers hitting a disabled women and knocking her off the 4th role of the bleachers to the floor. He was in a rage he said someone threw a bottle at him which was a lie. The gentleman he hit did not do anything i know for a fact the assitant coach was mad the whole game he was looking for any reason to fight. What worries me is that this is supposed to b a christian school and from what i seen it wasnt i seen 1 player cursing. The coaches r supposed to set example for the kids he has far from done that. What was so bad the law would not let the disabled lady press charges and that is awful this coach has told 5 differant stories he even told that the fans called him the (n) word. Our kids r taught better than that. I thank he should loose his job over this he hurt 2 people and tssaa want even fine them. If he gets away w/ this then its teaching the kids that they can act the same way. I sure would hate to know that my kids was going to grace baptist academy and being taught to curse and fight. Lord help these people.

I am not going to argue with what you are saying, but I would like to clarify something for you. It would be great if when people became Christians they also became perfect. To say "This is supposed to be a Christian school" you are saying that Christians have to be perfect. I am sorry that the events happened, but Christians nor anybody else are perfect. So just because someone messed up that doesn't discredit them from being a Christian or it being a Christian school. Again, as a Christian I am sorry this happened at a Christian school, but I have learned that just like any school not everybody that goes to a Christian school is a Christian. Just like everyone who goes to a public school is not an atheist or a bad person. I am not closely associated with Grace, but my team plays them often so I know people there. I hope this makes sense. As a Christian I am sorry you feel the way you do about Christians.

I am not going to argue with what you are saying, but I would like to clarify something for you. It would be great if when people became Christians they also became perfect. To say "This is supposed to be a Christian school" you are saying that Christians have to be perfect. I am sorry that the events happened, but Christians nor anybody else are perfect. So just because someone messed up that doesn't discredit them from being a Christian or it being a Christian school. Again, as a Christian I am sorry this happened at a Christian school, but I have learned that just like any school not everybody that goes to a Christian school is a Christian. Just like everyone who goes to a public school is not an atheist or a bad person. I am not closely associated with Grace, but my team plays them often so I know people there. I hope this makes sense. As a Christian I am sorry you feel the way you do about Christians.

Amen! I could not have said it better. Christian school employees and students are people just like everyone else. To hold them to some higher standard might be expected but not totally fair. As a representative of a Christian school or church or other Christian organization, you are "living in a glass house". And those on the "outside" feel they must throw stones. In the immortal words of someone more important than me " why can't we all just get along?"

Others have already made good statements here. I'd just like to add that there's no way you can "know for a fact" that someone is mad---someone you are completely unacquainted with. Also, while I am sure that the parents and teachers at Clarkrange High School try their best to teach their young people to behave properly and speak appropriately, kids don't always do what we teach them. It's entirely possible that someone in the crowd was saying ugly things that the guys on the bench could hear. Before we jump to judgement, we should remember that our own actions could be misinterpreted by those who don't have all the facts. Jesus himself tells us not to judge others, as we ourselves would not want to be judged.

We in Chattanooga apologize for any hurt or unpleasantness from Monday night. You shouldn't condemn a whole school on the basis of the actions of a few. I'm sure you don't want your own school's reputation to be based on one or two bad examples.

Others have already made good statements here. I'd just like to add that there's no way you can "know for a fact" that someone is mad---someone you are completely unacquainted with. Also, while I am sure that the parents and teachers at Clarkrange High School try their best to teach their young people to behave properly and speak appropriately, kids don't always do what we teach them. It's entirely possible that someone in the crowd was saying ugly things that the guys on the bench could hear. Before we jump to judgement, we should remember that our own actions could be misinterpreted by those who don't have all the facts. Jesus himself tells us not to judge others, as we ourselves would not want to be judged.

We in Chattanooga apologize for any hurt or unpleasantness from Monday night. You shouldn't condemn a whole school on the basis of the actions of a few. I'm sure you don't want your own school's reputation to be based on one or two bad examples.

It would have been one thing if the person punching the Clarkrange fan was a student, but he was the assistant coach. I was sitting directly behind the Grace bench and I did not hear any "ugly" taunting. I am surprised that this situation isn't getting more attention. What happened was a very serious thing.

Also, I realize people, students, schools, whether Christian or not, make mistakes, but it sounds like a cop-out when people say things like "It would be great if when people became Christians they also became perfect." Of course we are not perfect, but what happened is an assistant coach punched, numerous times, a Clarkrange fan that was in the stands.

BTW, can someone post the video to youtube? I know someone was taping it, because I saw them.

Edited by CASC95