Bradley and Blackmon an instant classic...almost.

Ericblair

But the students have spit on opposing team and yell racial slurs during warmups. And yes I have seen the student of Bradley storm the floor on multiple occasion both at home and on the road.

Smallie is referring to an incident in 1993.......19 years ago between BCHS and Cleveland, I was there and it did happen. Under new administration this does not happen with BCHS. In fact last night, Bradley officials were on the floor after the game making sure our student body did not rush the floor. But the rushing of the floor isn't the issue, the issue has and always will be the technical foul.

This is a done deal Blackmon won the game, good call,bad call, whatever, they go on, the T$$AA will do nothing either way. Get over it. I promise you if Bradley had won that way (yes I've seen them win that way before, once in a region girls game in Rhea county and the ref who made the call was a bradley grad who still attends most of the games) they would take the win and go on. To read some of the post on here and know some of the history and people who post talk about what they would do and how they are this or that is a joke. One of the posters used to teach in another county and lets say they left for reasons of less than high morality that they now preach about. I don't like the tssaa or root for any team not in south east tn. but carma or whatever it goes around and will come back Bradley's way again just like it will happen to Blackmon at some point. Thats sports they can lift you up but they can break your heart also. Sorry for the kids but thier lifes not over and dwelling on it will do no good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXACTLY...Thats how it will be at state too one squirrly ref will decide a close game ..book it ..TSSAA doesnt care about any of us..'Just bring your $$ with you when you come' ..been to many times especially at state where ref( or refs ) will decide the winner is why I personally dont attend state games..

Edited by DHSFB64

This is ridiculous. Here we have a bunch of "adults" coming on a message board going back and forth about a game that is over. There is no replay, no making your case for a different outcome, or anything like that. No one wants to see a game end like that, regardless of who you are pulling for. But the game has ended. Stop.

I don't know anything about Bradley Central or Coach Smith. From what people have posted, it's a storied program with a coach who's won a lot of games. I know they came to play, and seemed to be well coached in how they were prepared for Blackman. Having said that, using past accolades or wins as a resume for integrity or class is pretty useless. Need an example? Coach Cal at Kentucky. Lots of accolades and wins, and the guy is a dirt bag who has had sanctions after every place he's left. Before the Bradley people get all worked up, I'm in no way saying anything negative about your coach. Just showing that using wins, awards, and post season success is in no way a measure of anything other than the person can coach and win games. Like I said, he had a good game plan, and his kids were ready to play.

I know there was an incident of a fan going up/chasing after the refs after the game. I don't know what was said by either party. I did see said fan being dragged away from the situation by an officer or officers. Don't know where he was taken and don't care. It was said, by the person who did it, that they weren't a coach or parent, but simply a fan. First of all, you should never do that. Who are you? Why is it any business of yours, as just a fan, to interject yourself? You talk about class, and the lack of class by fans and coaches, yet you sir are the one who showed the lack of class. Trying to call other people out for being classless is a joke. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. So stop.

Being critical of the students is a joke. If them celebrating after the game is out of line, then so is coming on a message board and calling people out and saying things about people be it coaches, administrators, or students, that you don't know. If that makes you think poorly of those representing Blackman, seeing some of your fans on here has done the same for me in my opinion of Bradley Central. Blackman is a fairly new school. There isn't a tradition and culture of winning to look back on as how to react. Think of you storming the court in 93, and use those glasses to see Blackman students doing the same in 2012. And remember the key to this whole thing, they're just kids. I'm assuming most/all of you on here are adults. What's your excuse?

Finally, drop the bs with Coach Wortman. I understand you're upset about how the game ended, but are you that childish to resort to coming on a message board on saying someone has no class? Really? Grow up. He's a great coach, but he's a better person. I won't list wins, accomplishments, or accolades, because like I showed earlier, that doesn't really prove anything. That entire coaching staff is the epitome of class, as is the entire administration. I'm sure in the moments after advancing to the schools first state tournament, Coach Wortman made it a point to seek out an elderly preacher and laugh in his face. Right, because he wouldn't be too preoccupied in celebrating with his team and their families? Stop.

To Bradley Central, congratulations on a great season. To Blackman, good luck in the state tournament. To me, you're welcome!

• Upvote 2

Anyone who decided to write a novel in response to our message board....is in the exact same boat as we are. Plus one of the main reasons coacht was created, was for people to discuss sports. Plus, your right...you don't know about Bradley Central. The amount of games we have won in the past doesn't mean that our coach is a good guy true enough....but if you knew the background some of the kids have, and the talent level they started our with....some of them didn't have a chance. They just had heart. Coach smith and his players have a relationship that goes beyond basketball. Way beyond. If you only could grasp the meaning and importance of the tradition and family of Bradley Central. All sports, all of the kids, teachers, coaches, and fans, and parents stick together. Once Blackman is around longer I hope to see them build a name for themselves as Bradley has. We are outraged by the call....yes. So we talk about it because there is nothing else we can do. I believe that if you think we are all foolish well then...you just answered us according to our folly which would make you JUST as foolish as YOU claim for us to be. If you don't like what we are saying or doing on coacht...I'm SURE...there is a SIGN OUT button.

IBeing critical of the students is a joke. If them celebrating after the game is out of line, then so is coming on a message board and calling people out and saying things about people be it coaches, administrators, or students, that you don't know. If that makes you think poorly of those representing Blackman, seeing some of your fans on here has done the same for me in my opinion of Bradley Central. Blackman is a fairly new school. There isn't a tradition and culture of winning to look back on as how to react. Think of you storming the court in 93, and use those glasses to see Blackman students doing the same in 2012. And remember the key to this whole thing, they're just kids. I'm assuming most/all of you on here are adults. What's your excuse?]

I know that students are excited over the win and the first trip to state. Going to the center court was fine and accepted. I certainly don't mind cheering and celebrating. Lord knows our student section has the capabilities of getting rowdy if allowed to. However, Blackman students should not have been allowed to go in front of Bradley students and cheer, "There's the exit.....There's the exit.." I think anyone would have to admit that, that type of action was uncalled for especially after an ending like that.... It's over and everyone should deal with it now... But this type of thing should never happen again..

Edited by tnwareagle