McMinn Obion may be two best teams in state

pioneer42

You could say that since one of Bledsoe post players was smashed between three players from McMinn and no foul was called. Just wondering how many walks were called on Masengil today? Several were missed at the round house!

Smashed huh? I hope she recovered from what I assume was a 12 hour surgery and grueling rehabilitation. And no walks today, given that it's Thursday.

I am Ken Shaver. I live in Franklin, TN, but I was born in Gibson, TN. I have followed Gibson County basketball from the 80's all the way until now. My parents and I have a sub-division in Medina, TN called Hale Estates, so I spend alot of time there, not just to work, but follow Gibson County around. I usually go to the games with Bubba Witt and we usually set around Amy Santinello and Johnny and Jane McCurdy. I have been following them religiously mostly big games and all the District, Region and State. I follow AA across the state. I don't get to see a lot of statewide games, but I really keep an eye on the top 15 or 20 teams. I got to know Johnny Morgan and Massengil's dad pretty well in 2010 at the Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro. I talked to Johnny yesterday as they were walking in and have talked to him several times. Really nice people. But, my number is 731-343-5660. Give me a call sometime. I don't quite know who you are either, but I know you keep up with AA more than I do.

Alright I know the mccurdys pretty well. My brother is coach Lownsdale at gibson. I only went to a few gibson games this year due to me being involved with another team. Look me up on Facebook Tim Lownsdale.

You make a good point! Bledsoe Co. played McMinn Central earlier in the yr. and was beat by the officials. Bledsoe had 6 girls to foul out to McMinn's 1. We lost by 12. 70 plus free throws between the two teams with McMinn having the advantage. Bledsoe will be a contender next yr. with 2 seniors, 6 juniors and 6 sophomores!!!!

Is this a Bledsoe fan whining about the officials? Give me a break. If you have ever played any sport in Pikeville, you know that Chattanooga does not send its best crews up the valley. Go ahead line the Chargerettes up in 2012-2013 and you will get more of the same. It was a physical game at Central. The officials over here call alot of fouls all the time. Massengil does get away with some things but so do all great players. She is so much better than her competetion, it is just the way is goes with that type of player.

I said before the tournament started that Obion was probably the toughest draw, and I still think they're the best AA team there.

I also noted before the tournament that CPA could be this year's sleeper team.

Livingston Academy is capable of beating anyone.

Nothing against Stone at all, but I just don't think they're in the league with these three teams. That doesn't mean they're a bad team by all means.

Wish Stone could get in the same league with you. Same opponent, Same margin, but gave up fewer points AND made it to the Final Four. Wow! Think highly of yourselves much? Big WORDS are sometimes hard to swallow.