9A

ecu

Coach Austin has done a great job and should be coach of the year. As far as his strategy of not bunting, that does depend on who is up. 3,4, and 5 should be up there to knock those runs in. If it were the 6,7, or 8 then you probably should bunt.

Coach Becky has done maybe her best coaching job this year. The talent is nowhere near what it has been in the past but they know how to win.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the scenerio and I also expected a bunt. She was a good hitter, so I was 50-50 with her bunting. Tough call. I definitely would of bunted the next batter after the pop up with first base open. Few teams play the bunt well with a runner on third and less than two outs. Many simply concede the runner getting to first in order to prevent the run from scoring. Jeremy does an excellent job with that team and it's easy to second guess things when you strand two in scoring position with no outs.

Thanks for all the kind words about MC! We are a very young team but have competed extremely well this year. There are a hundred scenarios in that game that would change the outcome, but no matter what it was a hard fought game and someone had to win. I have all the respect in the world for cascade and a few girls especially. I only hope MC can fight through the losers bracket to meet up with cascade/forrest again. We have a fabulous young pitcher who is no stranger to hard work. If we meet up with Huntland, that will prove a challenge as well. This will definitely be a character building experience for this young team (we start 5 8th graders) and regardless of the outcome, look out for us in the future.

Anybody know who the teams to watch over in District 10 this year are? Admittedly, haven't followed the other district at all. Is East Robertson still as strong as they used to be? I know Houston County seemed to be coming on about three years ago. Have they improved?

Looks like East Robertson is top dog and in the Championship game for District 10, after beating Jo Byrns 8-0. Houston County appears to be not as strong this year, but #2 seed is up for grabs. Houston County plays White House Heritage and winner would get Jo Byrns, then E. Robertson in Championship.

Looks like East Robertson is top dog and in the Championship game for District 10, after beating Jo Byrns 8-0. Houston County appears to be not as strong this year, but #2 seed is up for grabs. Houston County plays White House Heritage and winner would get Jo Byrns, then E. Robertson in Championship.

Thanks for the info. ER has had a great program for several years now.

<br />Jeremy used the bunt well this game, with some timely hitting from the ladies in blue. It was a great game to watch against a very good Cascade team.<br />

The two teams that deserved to advance, did. No matter the talent level, the work must be put in during the offseason and during practice. Successful teams play travel ball together and they have more than a couple of hour long practices a week consisting of hitting off a pitching machine. You have to spend an equal amount of time on defense and covering game type scenerios. The good teams know what to do in every situation. Hopefully this season will serve as a wake up call to Cascade because they had the talent to make a deep run this year.

Moore County is basketball school. Lost to Giles County 13-2 in like 4 inning scrimmage this week. Cascade could be the the year. Couple young pitchers that make a difference and I believe was close last year. We beat them but was solid team. I watched Forrest lose in Region game 1-0 last year to Houston County. I say Cascade takes District 9A

Not a bad softball season so far for a basketball school.