Perry County vs Wartburg

theGURU

I've never seen PC play but I catch wartburg playing a lot and they shouldn't be counted out. To the earlier comment of Fountain being legit that's very true, been around basketball a long time I can say you don't see players like him, he is special. He can change the game almost immediately and will definitely show why he thinks he deserves to be Mr. Basketball but he isn't all wartburg has. Richardson is a great player the senior leader and wartburgs anchor, very smart and very scrappy what he lacks in size he makes up for in fundamentals. B Justes is also a phenomenal ball handler he makes plays happen at the drop of a hat and can push tempo and score very very quickly in transition. These 3 combined with ,i believe his name is Moore, very pest like defense can trouble even the best of teams. Plus about 5 more boys that can drop double digits any night I believe will make it a good game. Perry County's record and schedule proves their worthiness to be at the glass house but no one should expect the Dawgs to come to the Boro and lay down. And expect wartburg to bring the entire county behind them and they will get rowdy and be a great 6th man. Dawgs by 8-12

how can you say Wartburg by 8-12 when you've never even see PC play?

I have no idea how good Wartburg is and neither does any other PC poster on here...but the main reason why we're on here saying how good we are is because we are that good...you guys play in a VERY weak District and Region...and "traditionally" East Tennessee never has a really good team...kinda like Clay Co. was last year...everyone said they were so good but we won 67-45...this Perry Co. team/program has alot of tradition on their backs that they carry with them when they put that PERRY COUNTY uniform on that they wear so proudly (6 State Championships, 20+ State Appearences) that means the world to these men and that wants to rewrite Perry Co. Basketball History and a County (8000 strong) and thats the most loyalist fans in the state in my opinion behind them...this County lives and breaths Perry County High School Basketall and we always will and just because y'all have a Mr. Basketball Finalist doesn't mean a "Dang" thing...this same squad (with the abscence of Dray Mercer) beat the Reigning State Champions and "2".........count em "2".........Mr. Basketball Finalists and both were 6'6 and 6'7...and this year we beat the #5 team in the state (Mt. Pleasant) 52-44 and i gurentee their average height was atleast 6'2...and we have a VERY TOUGH District and Region...COME THURSDAY YALL WARTBURG BULLDOGS (and fans) WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF THE LINDEN/PERRY CO. VIKINGS...THESE BOYS IN BLACK ARE AWESOME BABY WITH A CAPITAL "A"!!! WE'RE ON A MISSION GUYS!!!! LEEGOOOOOOO!!!!

Edited by SportsFan70
  • Upvote 1

I have no idea how good Wartburg is and neither does any other PC poster on here...but the main reason why we're on here saying how good we are is because we are that good...you guys play in a VERY weak District and Region...and "traditionally" East Tennessee never has a really good team...kinda like Clay Co. was last year...everyone said they were so good but we won 67-45...this Perry Co. team/program has alot of tradition on their backs that they carry with them when they put that PERRY COUNTY uniform on that they wear so proudly (6 State Championships, 20+ State Appearences) that means the world to these men and that wants to rewrite Perry Co. Basketball History and a County (8000 strong) and thats the most loyalist fans in the state in my opinion behind them...this County lives and breaths Perry County High School Basketall and we always will and just because y'all have a Mr. Basketball Finalist doesn't mean a "Dang" thing...this same squad (with the abscence of Dray Mercer) beat the Reigning State Champions and "2".........count em "2".........Mr. Basketball Finalists and both were 6'6 and 6'7...and this year we beat the #5 team in the state (Mt. Pleasant) 52-44 and i gurentee their average height was atleast 6'2...and we have a VERY TOUGH District and Region...COME THURSDAY YALL WARTBURG BULLDOGS (and fans) WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF THE LINDEN/PERRY CO. VIKINGS (THE BOYS IN BLACK) WE'RE ON A MISSION GUYS!!!! LEEGOOOOOOO!!!!

You know other than the random Bold text through out this post, it wasn't that bad. You get 1 Thumb Up. :thumb:

• Upvote 2

LEEGOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! ???

Lego my eggo...? I don't understand...

Also, Malcolm and Martin are a stretch at 6'6''... that being said PC wins against Wartburg... unless they get caught in a look ahead game against the loaded 1:00PM game...

sounds like someones been sipping on some of dat Hateraide...just because we actually could beat them at 6'6 and 6'7 doesn't mean you have to shrink'em...and i was at that game they were every bit of 6'6 and 6'7

sounds like someones been sipping on some of dat Hateraide...just because we actually could beat them at 6'6 and 6'7 doesn't mean you have to shrink'em...and i was at that game they were every bit of 6'6 and 6'7

Congratulations... but no "hateraide" here... You need to step back, take a deep breath, and realize that I was not knocking CA, or PC for that matter, and simply stating a fact...

Yahoo sports has them listed on DL's roster at 6'5'' (Malcolm) and 6'4' (Martin)... I also have stood next to them for several years and have measured myself on a portable CMM... I have been watching 10A basketball for a good 12-15 years and have never seen anyone 6'7'' at CA...

All in all, that was last year... and in the past... Good luck to PC in their first round match up... Maybe McEwen and PC can both send the East packing (like most years) in the first round...

how can you say Wartburg by 8-12 when you've never even see PC play?

Well from all info I can find Perry County is very compareable to the Jellico team that Wartburg plays reg season who had a very very tough Cody Malicote who seems to be much like the Tucker boy, I think is his name....caught some PC info from coaches I know and it will be a good game if both teams come ready to play their style of ball. Coach Layne will have the dawgs mentally tough and ready to play. I could be wrong in my predictions but I believe the dawgs will play hard, smart and together which is what has gotten them this far.

Experience will be key... Who will come out is shock of the glass house will be the determining factor. Pc has been there as recently as last year they understand how to focus through all of the distractions from the long ride up, hotels, practice schedule changes, practicing indifferent gyms, and then playing in murphy center at a time of day they aren't used to playing at. Experience usually plays a key role. I'm glad to hear wartburg likes to push the ball. I believe Pc can get up and down the floor with anyone I've never seen this group of kids tired. Teams look to match up pretty well!