Unbalanced Tournament

BTWSheriff

Exactly which part upset you? The "unbalanced" aspect of the tournament or the fact that there are better teams elsewhere who are not playing? If those better teams had taken care of business when it counted, they would be here. I fully expected to see Bolivar in this tourney. I was wrong. Fact is though, like several other good teams ALL ACROSS the state, they didn't make it happen when it counted most.

There are circumstances other than "taking care of business" that sometimes affect who's in and who's out.Fact is Bolivar lost their #1 option with a knee injury in the game in which they were eliminated. Bolivar was the class of 14AA this season,and 14AA was again the class of AA ball in Tennessee.CPA,or anyone else still in it might win the ball,all it takes is one bad game and your done.I'll give credit where it's due...there are some very good teams statewide this season,but until some of the other districts or even regions step it up as a whole the 14AA teams will be favored.

Edited by tradertwo

There are circumstances other than "taking care of business" that sometimes affect who's in and who's out.Fact is Bolivar lost their #1 option with a knee injury in the game in which they were eliminated. Bolivar was the class of 14AA this season,and 14AA was again the class of AA ball in Tennessee.CPA,or anyone else still in it might win the ball,all it takes is one bad game and your done.I'll give credit where it's due...there are some very good teams statewide this season,but until some of the other districts or even regions step it up as a whole the 14AA teams will be favored.

I realize that you believe there is no quality basketball anywhere in the state except for the Memphis area. I stand by my statement. There will be one team standing at the end. If that team happens to be from the Memphis area, your best beat everyone else's best. If not.... well you might have to accept the fact that other areas of the state have strong competition as well.

Don't know final stats, but at one point in the 2nd half, Spring Hill was 9-20 from 3 point range. That's some awful good shooting, and they still lost by 20. Speed kills! The Stone-CPA game should be a good one. It's anyone's game at this point.

Yes speed kills. Especially when they come from all over!. Like I said, not a fan of any but Coaches Purchasing Athletes is definately a speedy, good team and should win it.

Only losing by 5. The key word is "lose." Even if an east tn team wins this year, All I'm saying is that consistantly the teams are not able to beat west tn teams in the tourney and they often get blown out. Its reality, so lets put the best two teams on different sides so we can watch a real state championship

What an idiot! 1st you say its a tragedy that 2 west tn teams are facing in the semis, then you say even if someone besides west wins its cause west is down. You started this thread talking about this year then go saying it doesnt matter this year casue it doesnt happen consistently! I think its a shame CPA & Stone is in the same bracket, cause they would be in finals! Your a joke, if Liberty or Mitchell has the same mindset as you then its gonna be a long ride home! Happy trails!

Think Liberty is less talented than most teams in their recent past.....I'm West TN fan and I think CPA wins it all....no contest.

I agree. Other areas should step up and gain respect

What an idiot! 1st you say its a tragedy that 2 west tn teams are facing in the semis, then you say even if someone besides west wins its cause west is down. You started this thread talking about this year then go saying it doesnt matter this year casue it doesnt happen consistently! I think its a shame CPA & Stone is in the same bracket, cause they would be in finals! Your a joke, if Liberty or Mitchell has the same mindset as you then its gonna be a long ride home! Happy trails!

No sir, I believe you have added some to my statements or you simply don't understand. Let me elaborate. History consistantly proves that the west has the best teams and others really can't compete. (Memphis Central just beat Ootlewah by double digits and the announcer said "no Rutherford County school has ever beaten a Memphis School also, Memphis Mitchell beat Alcoa with a great east tn record BY 20. ALSO Liberty beat Howard by double digits ). But this is about the west as a whole. Its a different breed of athletes. East and middle also have athletes on there team. I give them that. But teams in west have so many more. If a non west team wins this year I understand. They earned it and congrats. But that doesn't change the fact that the west consistantly dominates and the 2 teams should be on separate sides of the bracket. We need seeds in the tournament

I realize that you believe there is no quality basketball anywhere in the state except for the Memphis area. I stand by my statement. There will be one team standing at the end. If that team happens to be from the Memphis area, your best beat everyone else's best. If not.... well you might have to accept the fact that other areas of the state have strong competition as well.

I didn't write that,you did.I stated that there were some good teams across the state,meaning that they have a good chance to win.I'm not from the Memphis area.I accept the fact that there's good competition in other areas too,just not as concentrated as district 14AA(which is NOT in or around Memphis).In my opinion,until some of the talented teams face the same quality of opponents that they will at Murfreesboro week in and week out they are at a disadvantage come tourney time.Is that better?Same comments...just explained what you misunderstood a little more thouroughly.

Think Liberty is less talented than most teams in their recent past.....I'm West TN fan and I think CPA wins it all....no contest.

I think that you're spot-on.Liberty is not as dominant as usual(for them),and I think CPA has the better team...BUT haven't faced a defense with the intensity that Liberty plays with.Should be a heckuva' game!FYI,I did pick CPA to win it all in the bracketology contest.

No sir, I believe you have added some to my statements or you simply don't understand. Let me elaborate. History consistantly proves that the west has the best teams and others really can't compete. (Memphis Central just beat Ootlewah by double digits and the announcer said "no Rutherford County school has ever beaten a Memphis School also, Memphis Mitchell beat Alcoa with a great east tn record BY 20. ALSO Liberty beat Howard by double digits ). But this is about the west as a whole. Its a different breed of athletes. East and middle also have athletes on there team. I give them that. But teams in west have so many more. If a non west team wins this year I understand. They earned it and congrats. But that doesn't change the fact that the west consistantly dominates and the 2 teams should be on separate sides of the bracket. We need seeds in the tournament

then your opening statement should have been that instead of putting down the Stone/LA game. You named this unbalanced! Who is to say CPA wouldn't have beaten Mitchel or Liberty by 20 or Stone win by 15. Give all teams credit for getting there. LA beat Tyner to get here who beat Stone/Howard/ootlewah so they deserved to be there. No one here says the West hasnt had more success. Memphis is a national hotspot for talent we all know that & ive never seen anyone on here disputing that.