Lake County vs Perry County

theGURU

in response to the number of free throws shot by PC opponents throughout the tournaments, i have come to the conclusion that they are just a very disciplined defensive team and with a roster full of seniors, they know they can't afford to get in foul trouble if they wanna win....in the district finals vs Wayne Co, WC shot 0 free throws....in the region semis vs Mt Pleasant, i believe MP also shot 0 free throws...today vs Lake Co, only 3 free throws shot...pretty dang good defense if you ask me and i'm not being sarcastic..i think they are very disciplined...good luck to the VIKINGS...make D12 proud!

First congrats to Perry County. They played the game the way they had to for the win. True the zone will limit fouls to some extend. The refs called to many touch fouls on LC. 21 fts attempts to 3 is very hard to take. Many times in the game LC would get the rebound on a miss shot and get hammered on a stick back with no call. PC was benfited with a bunch of touch fouls called against LC. Tucker is a very good player but walks alot that was not called. He got the benfit of a bunch of touch fouls. PC won the game but probably was not the best team. They were the best team today. PC should gone on and win the title. LC jacked on to many 3 today instead of taking the ball inside were they had the advantage. PC also controled the tempo of the game. PC was not going to run with LC. I think the BTW game took alot out of the falcons. If PC plays BTW in the first round they lose tonight. It is what it is. Just wish the game was called alittle more fairly but that was the cards that were dealt to LC. Not trying to take anything away from PC. They have a good team. Sometimes the best team does not win the hottest team does and that was the case today. Good luck to PC in the final. Please beat the private school. Again not taking anything away from PC, they cannot control how the refs called the game. The falcons had to over come that and did not.

Good Post.

in response to the number of free throws shot by PC opponents throughout the tournaments, i have come to the conclusion that they are just a very disciplined defensive team and with a roster full of seniors, they know they can't afford to get in foul trouble if they wanna win....in the district finals vs Wayne Co, WC shot 0 free throws....in the region semis vs Mt Pleasant, i believe MP also shot 0 free throws...today vs Lake Co, only 3 free throws shot...pretty dang good defense if you ask me and i'm not being sarcastic..i think they are very disciplined...good luck to the VIKINGS...make D12 proud!

A good and well coached team that plays "D" will beat ANY team full of offense...anyday...anytime.

Defense wins Championships...Offense wins attention!

Edited by UCGRAD

Well, I see Lake County's luck ran out! Lucky is the word against BTW and everything was spent then to make ESPN I guess. TV might have gotten to their heads just a bit. But at Perry County dominating the game..not suprised at all.

Perry Co.. Lake Co

1st 7 7

2nd 23 14

3rd 8 14

4th 23 16

No one could stop Perry County's Jacob Tucker with 24 points. As for lake Co. Mr. Basketball Finalist Rafael Tyler....he didn't show when his team most needed him....7 points ..Not good.

The best team won and Perry Co will win it all. I said earlier...the winner between BTW, Lake Co. or Perry County will win and I stand by promise.

This will end Lake Co. Run for a Gold Ball for a while.

But a Good year I guess.

UC grad you have an axe to grind with LC. Come on down and grind that ax . You won't do that. Where was the UC boys at. Not alot of talent on that boys uc squad that I saw. All hear about is the freshemen. Sorry to say they are not that talented in boy's basketball or football. UC has a decent girls team. Clearly not one of the best i've seen. I know you beat us in the football playoff's but I hate to tell you this but UC is not as talented in sports as you seem to think. LC boys will be decent next year and will be dangerous come tournament time. In football I promise you that LC will give UC all they want. UC IS DECENT IN SPORTS BUT NOT AS DOMINANT AS YOU THINK. mOST uc POSTERS POST WITH CLASS. You like to pop off at the mouth. That will come back to haunt you. We play each other in sports so come on over and introduce your self to the LC faithful.I respect Purple and several other poster but you are a diffent story. You like to run down the LC kids but won't do it around LC people. Have a nice day and maybe you will grow up some. Personally, I have nothing against UC but you do against LC.

First congrats to Perry County. They played the game the way they had to for the win. True the zone will limit fouls to some extend. The refs called to many touch fouls on LC. 21 fts attempts to 3 is very hard to take. Many times in the game LC would get the rebound on a miss shot and get hammered on a stick back with no call. PC was benfited with a bunch of touch fouls called against LC. Tucker is a very good player but walks alot that was not called. He got the benfit of a bunch of touch fouls. PC won the game but probably was not the best team. They were the best team today. PC should gone on and win the title. LC jacked on to many 3 today instead of taking the ball inside were they had the advantage. PC also controled the tempo of the game. PC was not going to run with LC. I think the BTW game took alot out of the falcons. If PC plays BTW in the first round they lose tonight. It is what it is. Just wish the game was called alittle more fairly but that was the cards that were dealt to LC. Not trying to take anything away from PC. They have a good team. Sometimes the best team does not win the hottest team does and that was the case today. Good luck to PC in the final. Please beat the private school. Again not taking anything away from PC, they cannot control how the refs called the game. The falcons had to over come that and did not.

Garrett Hill was thrown to the floor on 3 different occasions with No call. Gilboy got called with an over the back when the back he was over was Tuckers, didn't know you could foul your own team. There were iffy calls on both sides. Quit making excuses and just show some respect to the BETTER team.

Garrett Hill was thrown to the floor on 3 different occasions with No call. Gilboy got called with an over the back when the back he was over was Tuckers, didn't know you could foul your own team. There were iffy calls on both sides. Quit making excuses and just show some respect to the BETTER team.

Guru, I have the upmost respect for PC. The foul situation was terrible. That's not PC'S fault. PC did what they had to do to win. Congrads to PC. I hope they win the title because they have what seems like really good kids. However, I think LC is the better team just not tonight. PC coach had a very good game plan. I think Tthe BTW game took to much out of LC. It would have hurt PC if they played them in the 1st round. Again congrads to PC on the win and good luck tomorrow.I am not making excuses and just stating facts. You would have been saying the samething if the rolls were reversed. Anyway good luck tomorrow.

Cry me a river. If you gamble on defense and get out of position, followed by jacking up 25 footers when you have the ball, you really shouldn't expect the fouls to be close. You made the same mistakes today that BTW made against you yesterday, and PC was good enough to make you pay for it.

Cry me a river. If you gamble on defense and get out of position, followed by jacking up 25 footers when you have the ball, you really shouldn't expect the fouls to be close. You made the same mistakes today that BTW made against you yesterday, and PC was good enough to make you pay for it.

Nobody is crying. Just stating facts. PC played great and LC did not. PC earned the win. You would being saying the samething if the rolls were reversed. Anyway PC won good luck tomorrow.

Relly can can careless what you think. PC did what they had to do to win. The ref's were terrible but again not PC fault. It's basketball. Teams must be able to overcome when the calls go against you and LC could not today.

What? The refs were terrible? thats a first! <_< they were horrible for our game as well, both ways. They ALWAYS are.