Perry County Greatness!

judgesmales

Where to begin.... The 1997 team was the best I've ever seen period. The head coach of today was on that team in Haston you had Chris Jones who was arguably just as good, Cory Brown who was a stud and could have played D1 imo, Mitchell Rhodes could shoot lights out from long range and then a deep bench with multiple players 6'5 plus. 37-0 with very few games being close. Beat the 2A state champion that year in a blowout, won the State Championship game that year by what I believe is still the largest margin of victory ever in a state championship game. From other seasons Mike Rhodes is obviously a legend along with Albert Ellison who I never saw play but I've heard from those who did that he is one of Tennessee's all time greats. The list goes on and on.

Don't know where your from but come visit Pc's trophy case some time it takes up an entire hall. And unlike a lot of other schools we only hang banners for making it to the title game we have 7 hanging in our gym. Hopefully after today we can hang another!!

Edited by theshow
  • Upvote 1

In Perry County we love our basketball tradition. The Rhodes family have been a huge part of Perry County basketball. Dave Rhodes was a great player and then coached the 1976 and 1977 championship teams. His sons both played at state level. His youngest son was a starter on the 1997 undefeated team and made all state that year. Mike Rhodes (Dave's brother) set multiple records in 1976 and 1977 and I think some of them still stand. His youngest son is a starter on our team now.

Bruce Slatten coached the 1997 team that our current coach, Kirk Haston, played on. This year's team is a great group of kids who are adding to our proud tradition!