FCS vs. Perry County

CommanderMan

I actually don't know the answer to this.

Wow, now here is a first. With some of the other ignorant statements that you have made in this thread, specifically with football, I figured you would at least make something up that patted you and your school on the back. Most every PC poster seems to have a great deal of class, but you are the exception.

LOL, really? This is a basketball thread, try to stay on topic! I would think basketball might be something Perry Co and Lake Co fans could talk about with some bit of knowledge. Football on the other hand is something those folks know nothing about!

Anytime you want to try your luck against the best in 2a football pick up the phone and give FC, TC, or Boyd a call. Seems like they always have a tough time finding games out of Region. Don't try to jump on Wayne Co coattails and claim your 1a glory. They earned bragging right just like FC on the field rather than some msg board. Good luck to both schools tonight!

Once again Champ you speak the truth!

Seems like I remember attending a game between these two classes of Srs when they were in 8th grade at the James c Haile tournament at MTCS. Was a great game with FC dominating the paint and winning a close game despite PC filling it up from 3 range. FC went on to beat many of those now playing for Livingston in the semi final before losing a tough game to those SRs now playing for STONE. Seems like all these players & teams developed nicely since 8th grade. Should be fun to watch tonight!

Anyone else remember that tourney? Who played then for PC? I know FC had Defevers, Patterson, Anderson, Lancaster, but several others no longer play basketball.

Again, best of luck to both schools and teams. Enjoy the moment!!

Pretty much the same group except Rhodes and Gilboy.

Seems like I remember attending a game between these two classes of Srs when they were in 8th grade at the James c Haile tournament at MTCS. Was a great game with FC dominating the paint and winning a close game despite PC filling it up from 3 range. FC went on to beat many of those now playing for Livingston in the semi final before losing a tough game to those SRs now playing for STONE. Seems like all these players & teams developed nicely since 8th grade. Should be fun to watch tonight!

Anyone else remember that tourney? Who played then for PC? I know FC had Defevers, Patterson, Anderson, Lancaster, but several others no longer play basketball.

Again, best of luck to both schools and teams. Enjoy the moment!!

I'm pretty sure I was at the game you spoke of. If so, our starters were Tucker, Dill, Gilboy (his first year to play BB), Hill and Zack Grimes. Zach dropped basketball to focus on baseball and football. Rhodes played for Lobleville that year.

New ones since then for FC are Sandoval, Heaston, Hutchison, & Watts.

I've been very impressed with Hastons coaching. I always admired his Tough hard nosed play in college and have rooted for him each game then & since. Just not tonight!

I would imagine some bigger schools may come calling on him with more $$$ after this yrs success. With his name, coaching pedigree, knowledge of the game, and success he could make big $$ at a BA, goodpasture, Lipscomb, etc!

Guru better get that booster club to cough up the cash to keep him.

I've been very impressed with Hastons coaching. I always admired his Tough hard nosed play in college and have rooted for him each game then & since. Just not tonight!

I would imagine some bigger schools may come calling on him with more $$$ after this yrs success. With his name, coaching pedigree, knowledge of the game, and success he could make big $$ at a BA, goodpasture, Lipscomb, etc!

Well i'll empty my pockets to keep him around, but that wont be much.

You mean just like your knowledge and thoughts on football, right?

You have No Way to prove whether what I said is right or wrong. But all I know is Huntingdon beat the 3A and 2A Runner-Ups and they lost to WC by 2 TDs. Which is what PC and South Pitt lost to them by.

Edited by theGURU

I can assure you, money is the last thing on Kirk's mind. I'm pretty certain he turned down a position at Freed Hardeman to be an assistant at PC.

You have No Way to prove whether what I said is right or wrong. But all I know is Huntingdon beat the 3A and 2A Runner-Ups and they lost to WC by 2 TDs. Which is what PC and South Pitt lost to them by.

Offense sells tickets but "Defense wins championships", doesn't matter if it's basketball, football, baseball. It will be the same tonight.

Our defense in football won our state title. The teams you mention in your post sat at home watching Dec 3-4 while those with great defenses played. You were one dimensional in football and got exposed quickly. Basketball doesn't seem to be that way for Perry Co - matter of fact I'd say team play is Perry's strength in basketball. Best of luck.

You may have watched Kirk Haston play ball but you obviously don't know much about him. Perry County is his home. It's not all about money like at private schools!