TNAAU wrestling requirements

wrestlingmom10

I am sure this has already been addressed somewhere on here, but the issues with TNAAU wrestling and out of state wrestlers. I don't mind the rules as printed and do not object to them, but who enforces them? My son lost a state title to a kid who should not have even been there to begin with because he was ineligible to compete, this was brought to the powers that be attention this morning and they are not going to fix it.

• Upvote 1

I am sure this has already been addressed somewhere on here, but the issues with TNAAU wrestling and out of state wrestlers. I don't mind the rules as printed and do not object to them, but who enforces them? My son lost a state title to a kid who should not have even been there to begin with because he was ineligible to compete, this was brought to the powers that be attention this morning and they are not going to fix it.

Did the wrestler who competed against your son live within 50 miles of the TN border and compete in 3 TN AAU tournaments this year? If so they are eligible.

This is off of the TN AAU site under handbook changes for 2011:

F. Out of State Wrestlers: Wrestlers who live with in 50 miles of the state boarder and who are members of a recognized Tennessee Team/Club must compete in a minimum of three (3) Tennessee tournaments to be eligible to compete in regional and qualify for state.

No the kid from Va lives in Rural retreat which is 61 miles driving but less than 50 as the crow flys. His club is not a Tn club but is based in Bristol Va and he has only competed in 1 tournament before regionals. I made everyone from AAU aware of the rules violations to which their reply was there was a great injustice to your son but what is done is done. This isnt the case if he was given the points that he earned he would be the Tn top100 belt winner this weekend but because of his one second place finish he went from 1st in the standings to 7th. And I understand that the points are different for states and regionals but My son still has the best record with all 1st place finishes and one second than anyone else in the midget group.I am really let down by all this we entered a wrestling tournament every weekend that one was available in Tn and every top 100 not just the required 3 locals and the rules have not been followed and there is still a chance to make it right and the AAU has chose to overlook it and said they will try to correct it in the future.

• Upvote 1

No the kid from Va lives in Rural retreat which is 61 miles driving but less than 50 as the crow flys. His club is not a Tn club but is based in Bristol Va and he has only competed in 1 tournament before regionals. I made everyone from AAU aware of the rules violations to which their reply was there was a great injustice to your son but what is done is done. This isnt the case if he was given the points that he earned he would be the Tn top100 belt winner this weekend but because of his one second place finish he went from 1st in the standings to 7th. And I understand that the points are different for states and regionals but My son still has the best record with all 1st place finishes and one second than anyone else in the midget group.I am really let down by all this we entered a wrestling tournament every weekend that one was available in Tn and every top 100 not just the required 3 locals and the rules have not been followed and there is still a chance to make it right and the AAU has chose to overlook it and said they will try to correct it in the future.

here is your sign

If you run the miles from Chattanooga to Ooltewah it shows 18 miles but guess what? At some locations its about 1 foot. The mileage is ran from center of the city to center of the city and doesnt consider where someone really lives. I am from Ga and went through this exact same thing as people started questioning us right before the state. I have a copy of the contract we signed agreeing to be members of Tennessee Aau and it states your "CLUB" must be whithin 50 miles and says nothing about the individuals location. We clarified with our region rep before the state that we were legal. He explained that the rules never got added to the official rulebook and there was just a summary on the homepage. He said they messed up and the information on the contract everyone signed didnt match the information posted on the home page so they were honoring what was on the contract as there was nothing in the official rulebook. I think the Virginia club in question is 1 mile from Tennessee, so there is no issue for that kid. Run Bristol Va to Bristol Tn and you will see its right there. There is also nothing at all on the contract about wrestling in three tournaments. Besides, how do you know he didnt wrestle in three tournaments? Wasnt there quite a few tournaments in east Tn and Knoxville that didnt post results on Track wrestling? The kid followed the rules that was on the contract and that is what the Aau went by. In summary : a)His club is one mile from Tn (which is what the contract requires).B) The contract states nothing about wrestling in three tournaments (but you dont know if he did or not because not all tournaments used track) c) The kid did not wrestle in the Va state tournament (as required by contract) d) you dont know where he lives in the first place and are using Rural retreat because thats what it says on Track. Well, that could be a 10 miles difference, also run Rural Retreat to the Tennessee line arount Laurel Bloomery and its 50 miles exactly (not that it matters because its where the club is located and not the wrestler but no matter how you look at it he is legal.) E) No wonder you felt they were blowing you off, I guess they got tired of explaining all of this. f) the best and most deserving kid won the belt without a doubt. Trae Mcdaniel had the toughest weight class I have ever seen with state champions, multi time state champs, all americans, top 100 belt winners, national champs in his weight. It would have been a travesty for anyone else to win it but him. Also you stated your kid had the best record in all the midgets but Im willing to bet there are many many kids with as good if not better records. I would say Noah Horst could have entered his points and won the belt seeing how he was undefeated, what about Jacob Brown from East Ridge? I think he was undefeated as well. Everyone can see you are mad your kid didnt win but you are grasping at straws and really coming across as a sore loser. I have shot down every single argument you had with fact. Now maybe you can relax and stop thinking you got screwed.

Edited by heresyourstupidsign

If you run the miles from Chattanooga to Ooltewah it shows 18 miles but guess what? At some locations its about 1 foot. The mileage is ran from center of the city to center of the city and doesnt consider where someone really lives. I am from Ga and went through this exact same thing as people started questioning us right before the state. I have a copy of the contract we signed agreeing to be members of Tennessee Aau and it states your "CLUB" must be whithin 50 miles and says nothing about the individuals location. We clarified with our region rep before the state that we were legal. He explained that the rules never got added to the official rulebook and there was just a summary on the homepage. He said they messed up and the information on the contract everyone signed didnt match the information posted on the home page so they were honoring what was on the contract as there was nothing in the official rulebook. I think the Virginia club in question is 1 mile from Tennessee, so there is no issue for that kid. Run Bristol Va to Bristol Tn and you will see its right there. There is also nothing at all on the contract about wrestling in three tournaments. Besides, how do you know he didnt wrestle in three tournaments? Wasnt there quite a few tournaments in east Tn and Knoxville that didnt post results on Track wrestling? The kid followed the rules that was on the contract and that is what the Aau went by. In summary : a)His club is one mile from Tn (which is what the contract requires).B) The contract states nothing about wrestling in three tournaments (but you dont know if he did or not because not all tournaments used track) c) The kid did not wrestle in the Va state tournament (as required by contract) d) you dont know where he lives in the first place and are using Rural retreat because thats what it says on Track. Well, that could be a 10 miles difference, also run Rural Retreat to the Tennessee line arount Laurel Bloomery and its 50 miles exactly (not that it matters because its where the club is located and not the wrestler but no matter how you look at it he is legal.) E) No wonder you felt they were blowing you off, I guess they got tired of explaining all of this. f) the best and most deserving kid won the belt without a doubt. Trae Mcdaniel had the toughest weight class I have ever seen with state champions, multi time state champs, all americans, top 100 belt winners, national champs in his weight. It would have been a travesty for anyone else to win it but him. Also you stated your kid had the best record in all the midgets but Im willing to bet there are many many kids with as good if not better records. I would say Noah Horst could have entered his points and won the belt seeing how he was undefeated, what about Jacob Brown from East Ridge? I think he was undefeated as well. Everyone can see you are mad your kid didnt win but you are grasping at straws and really coming across as a sore loser. I have shot down every single argument you had with fact. Now maybe you can relax and stop thinking you got screwed.

First off I have NEVER attacked another wrestler in the Top 100 I am actually friends with most of the parents, they are fantastic wrestlers and I enjoy watching every single one of them and I am also supportive of everyone of those young men on the top 100 it is hard to get through the belt series. I am not mad my son did not win, I am clear that my son did not do his best on the mat. I would appreciate it if you kept your comments about me personally to yourself. YOU do not know me or my family. So you do not know how my family is or is not taking the loss of the state tournament. I ask that you keep your comments to the issue at hand. The three tournament thing IS a rule and a requirement and I do know that he did not because I researched it because I want it corrected. I am not trying to come across as a nut, I am only doing what any good mother does when her son is not getting what is fair. That is a parent. With that said I am done here, spouting about this on a forum does nothing.

Here are the rules written plain as day for the whole world to see not something we made up and I will give you the link also

http://www.tnyouthwrestling.com/documents/AAU%20Handbook%20Changes.pdf

F. Out of State Wrestlers: Wrestlers who live with in 50 miles of the state boarder and who are members of a recognized Tennessee Team/Club must compete in a minimum of three (3) Tennessee tournaments to be eligible to compete in regional and qualify for state.

I am not saying that the kids in the midget group aren't tuff or didnt have good records, but we attended every Top 100 and finished with all 1st places except where according to the rules lost a questionable match to a kid that didnt qualify to be there. This would be no different than a kid lying about his age then the AAU saying oh well we didnt catch it and there is nothing we can do. I am done arguing about this The AAU let one of Tn's kids down.

Ok, let me try and keep it simple for you.

1) How did you research if he wrestled in three tournaments or not when all the tournaments were not on track? You are a heck of lot smarter than I am then, or you have way too much time on your hands. lol

Are we to belive you emailed or called all the tournament hosts and they still had their brackets on hand and they all looked it up for you?

Not that it matters anyway because thats not whats on the contract.

2) Do you understand what you are posting is not from the rulebook and that the teams in question signed a contract that had the rules on it. There was contradicting information between the link you posted and on the contract we all signed. Contact the aau and Im sure they can email you the contract because thats all that matters.

3) Even under the rules you are chosing to try and enforce you do not know where the kid lives. Even if he lives in Rural Retreat Va it is still less than 50 miles to the Tennessee state line. Maybe he lives on this side or Ruaral Retreat and its actually closer. Maybe he lives on the other side of Rural Retreat and he lives 50 miles and 17 ft. Do you want to disqualify him for that? Are you that desperate? You are appearing to be very irrational and well... a big cry baby. Im sorry but thats how I see it. When you post messages on a public message board people are going to reply back. When you go as far as trying to discredit a kid because he may live 50 miles or 50.3 miles you are going beyond normal social behaviour. Please have some dignity and think about what you are going.

Now Im ticked off too. I just picked up my son from school He lost the jump rope for heart contest today. The kid that won it does not live in our school district. He lives 33.7 feet into the next school district! My son was going to win some cool neon green shoe strings and a bag of tootsie rolls! Im going to protest that kid, it wasnt a fair fight.

Ok, let me try and keep it simple for you.

1) How did you research if he wrestled in three tournaments or not when all the tournaments were not on track? You are a heck of lot smarter than I am then, or you have way too much time on your hands. lol

Are we to belive you emailed or called all the tournament hosts and they still had their brackets on hand and they all looked it up for you?

Not that it matters anyway because thats not whats on the contract states.

2) Do you understand what you are posting is not from the rulebook and that the teams in question signed a contract that had the rules on it. There was contradicting information between the link you posted and on the contract we all signed. Contact the aau and Im sure they can email you the contract because thats all that matters.

3) Even under the rules you are chosing to try and enforce you do not know where the kid lives. Even if he lives in Rural Retreat Va it is still less than 50 miles to the Tennessee state line. Maybe he lives on this side or Ruaral Retreat and its actually closer. Maybe he lives on the other side of Rural Retreat and he lives 50 miles and 17 ft. Do you want to disqualify him for that? Are you that desperate? You are appearing to be very irrational and well... a big cry baby. Im sorry but thats how I see it. When you post messages on a public message board people are going to reply back. When you go as far as trying to discredit a kid because he may live 50 miles or 50.3 miles you are going beyond normal social behaviour. Please have some dignity and think about what you are going.

Look you can keep talking about a contract all you want if there is a out side of state contract it should be posted along with the official rules on the website. I dont care where he lives he didnt qualify because he didnt compete in the required amount of tournaments IN THE RULES. Researching is simple enough it doesnt matter if the results get posted to track or not if you enter a tournament it is posted on your profile with no results, which is the case with 2 of the top 100 tournaments. And saying I am a cry baby this is coming from someone hiding behind a alias on a public forum real brave friend. The fact is the rules got broken and if kids cant compete in their state tournaments then dont call it a State tournament because thats not what it is. Tn is really coming a long way with wrestling but take a look at states that are so far ahead of us how many kids from out of state compete in their states? The answer is 0, every one of our surrounding states offer plenty of tournaments that are opens and if you live across the border then Ga's states were much closer than our's was to travel to. I dont blame you for wanting to compete in Tn there is some great kids here and like I said the wrestling program is coming a long way.

Now Im ticked off too. I just picked up my son from school He lost the jump rope for heart contest today. The kid that won it does not live in our school district. He lives 33.7 feet into the next school district! My son was going to win some cool neon green shoe strings and a bag of tootsie rolls! Im going to protest that kid, it wasnt a fair fight.

I have met some pretty tough keyboard bully's over the years but you are really intimidating. You go on and on showing your intelligence and ability to not make a valid point.