TNAAU wrestling requirements

wrestlingmom10

Look you can keep talking about a contract all you want if there is a out side of state contract it should be posted along with the official rules on the website. I dont care where he lives he didnt qualify because he didnt compete in the required amount of tournaments IN THE RULES. Researching is simple enough it doesnt matter if the results get posted to track or not if you enter a tournament it is posted on your profile with no results, which is the case with 2 of the top 100 tournaments. And saying I am a cry baby this is coming from someone hiding behind a alias on a public forum real brave friend. The fact is the rules got broken and if kids cant compete in their state tournaments then dont call it a State tournament because thats not what it is. Tn is really coming a long way with wrestling but take a look at states that are so far ahead of us how many kids from out of state compete in their states? The answer is 0, every one of our surrounding states offer plenty of tournaments that are opens and if you live across the border then Ga's states were much closer than our's was to travel to. I dont blame you for wanting to compete in Tn there is some great kids here and like I said the wrestling program is coming a long way.

Ok, let me try one more time. Go on the website. Click on the official rules. Do you see anything about out of state wrestlers? NO, you do not because its not in the official rules. Is that to hard for you to understand? We went to the regional meeting, they explained the rules to us and informed us we had to agree to the rules and sign the contract. We did that. Now someone posts something on the website after the fact that is not totally the same. How were teams supposed to know that when they had a written, signed set of rules in their hand. The aau messed up posting that stuff on the website is all I can say or they messed up with the signed contracts but teams can only be held resposible for what they are told and presented. At no time did anyone say, "go check the website in a month from now because we might change the rules on you". We all did what were supposed to. You were not present and evidently you havent read the contract we all signed or you would stop with the crybaby stuff.

as far as being brave goes, are you not the one who started all this crying under the name mad mike? Is that your real name? Is your wifes name really wrestlingmom? Im sorry you are mad, Im sorry I have blasted everyone of your exscuses out of the water, Im sorry you are so mad you cant see straight right now. Take a valium , drink a beer, do something before you explode with rage.

I have met some pretty tough keyboard bully's over the years but you are really intimidating. You go on and on showing your intelligence and ability to not make a valid point.

I made multiple valid points but you have failed to understand that. In fact I am the only one out of the two of us that has made a valid point. I want to thank you though. Through all of this I have learned to be thankful for many things. While my son is no Dan Gable I am thankful I am not one of those psycho parents that thinks he is. hint.... hint

Ok, let me try one more time. Go on the website. Click on the official rules. Do you see anything about out of state wrestlers? NO, you do not because its not in the official rules. Is that to hard for you to understand? We went to the regional meeting, they explained the rules to us and informed us we had to agree to the rules and sign the contract. We did that. Now someone posts something on the website after the fact that is not totally the same. How were teams supposed to know that when they had a written, signed set of rules in their hand. The aau messed up posting that stuff on the website is all I can say or they messed up with the signed contracts but teams can only be held resposible for what they are told and presented. At no time did anyone say, "go check the website in a month from now because we might change the rules on you". We all did what were supposed to. You were not present and evidently you havent read the contract we all signed or you would stop with the crybaby stuff.

as far as being brave goes, are you not the one who started all this crying under the name mad mike? Is that your real name? Is your wifes name really wrestlingmom? Im sorry you are mad, Im sorry I have blasted everyone of your exscuses out of the water, Im sorry you are so mad you cant see straight right now. Take a valium , drink a beer, do something before you explode with rage.

My name is Mike Tuminski and my wifes name is Rachael the and madmike comes from a nickname my mother gave me as a small kid and has just kinda stuck. As far as the rules THEY are posted online and it says nothing of a contract signed with people that dont want to compete in their state. And if you read the title of the exact rule I am speaking of it is listed as Out Of State wrestlers, it is under the section that says 2011 Handbook changes. I am done arguing with people about the subject unfortunately no one knew about contract or the rules that were written there. I wish you and your wrestler all the best of luck and hope that the sport keeps growing.

If you click on the rulebook what does it say? It says nothing. My point is we didnt realize we had to look in three different places to find the rules. We did what we were told and what we were handed. We were the out of state teams so we were the ones that needed to know the information. I agree it should have been the same on the contract, the official rules and on the amendment to the rules that you are looking at but you cant fault us for doing what we were told and presented. Thank goodness the aau realized their error and chose to do the right thing. You cant hold people accountable for rules they dont know exist. I guess they didnt realize people would break out the atlas , tape measure and magnifying glass and try and discredit kids. Everyone hopfully has learned a lesson. Good luck to your son as well.

This came straight from the TN AAU website under rules and regulations. I see nothing about a contract.

AAU/Team Tennessee Handbook

2011-2012 Changes

IV. Tournament Committee

A tournament committee will be established prior to the beginning of a tournament. The minimum membership of the committee will consist of the Lead Host, Tournament Director, Lead Pairer and Head Official. Additional members may be designated to be part of this committee. The committee will help control the event and make formal decisions in the case of any error (e.g., bracketing, improper advancement), disagreement regarding the conduct of the tournament, or formal protest. A formal protest must be in writing, signed, and dated. This committee will not be convened to overrule decisions made by the official(s) overseeing any match wrestled.

VI. Medical Polices During Events

C. Skin Checks will follow NFHS rules. During weigh-ins, officials, or designated health care professional will complete a full skin evaluations process on each athlete. If a participant is suspected of having a communicable skin disease or any other condition that makes participation appear inadvisable the athlete must provide current (14 days) written documentation from appropriate health care professional stating that the suspected disease or condition is not communicable and that the athlete’s participation would not be harmful to an opponent. This must be provides at weigh-ins. The only exception would be if a pre designated on-site meet appropriate health-care professional is present and is able to examine the wrestlers either immediately prior to or immediately after weigh-ins. Covering a communicable conditions shall not be consider acceptable and does not make a wrestler eligible to participate.

* Written documentation has to describe location of lesion.

* Written documentation signed only by Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Osteopathic Physician.

VII Eligibility and Qualifications for Competition

E. Satellite Weigh-Ins: An official shall be at each satellite weigh-in site to check weight and skin. Head official of tournaments appoints official for weigh-in. Satellite weigh-in will be for Top 100, region(where required) and

State. Top 100 and region are responsible for paying for the official. Team Tennessee pays for officials at state.

F. Out of State Wrestlers: Wrestlers who live with in 50 miles of the state boarder and who are members of a recognized Tennessee Team/Club must compete in a minimum of three (3) Tennessee tournaments to be eligible to compete in regional and qualify for state.

VIII. Match Times:

Completion of Matches Changes:

Technical Fall is 12 points for TOT, BANTAM, and MIDGET.

Technical Fall is 15 points for JUNIOR and MIDDLE SCHOOL.

DELETE HIGH SCHOOL DIVISON

IX COMPETITION EVENTS NOTES

4. In the event of a tie in a Round Robin Bracket, the following criteria will be use to break the tie.

1. Head to head competition.

2. The wrestler who has been penalized the least for unsportsmanlike conduct.

3. The wrestler having won the greater number of victories.

4. The wrestler having the greater number of falls.

5. The wrestler having the greater number of technical falls.

6. The wrestler having the greater number of major decisions.

7. The wrestler having the least number of defeats.

8. The wrestler having the greater number of offensive points scored.

9. The wrestler having the least number of defensive points scored.

10. The wrestler with the fastest pin.

IX. B Regional Championships:

Correct regions from 4 to 5.

Top three (3) from region go to the state in Junior/Middle School Division.

No shows at state will be forfeits.

Place top four (4).

IX C State Championship:

Tot, Bantam, and Midget-Open Tournament

Junior and Middle School-top three (3) advance from region.

Place six (6) at state.

Delete High School Division.

Registration Times (day of the week and time) will be the same for the region and state tournament every year.

Satellite Weigh-In sites for the State Tournament must be approved without changes no less than 30 days before the State Tournament by the competition committee.

IX. F Coaches Passes:

1 or more wrestlers 1 free pass

6 or more wrestles 2 free passes

10 or more wrestlers 3 free passes

15 or more wrestlers 4 free passes

20 or more wrestlers 5 free passes

25 or more wrestles 6 free passes

30 or more wrestlers 7 free passes

35 or more wrestlers 8 free passes

40 or more wrestlers 10 free passes with the option to purchase two additional passes for no more than $10 per pass.

This came straight from the TN AAU website under rules and regulations. I see nothing about a contract.

AAU/Team Tennessee Handbook

2011-2012 Changes

IV. Tournament Committee

A tournament committee will be established prior to the beginning of a tournament. The minimum membership of the committee will consist of the Lead Host, Tournament Director, Lead Pairer and Head Official. Additional members may be designated to be part of this committee. The committee will help control the event and make formal decisions in the case of any error (e.g., bracketing, improper advancement), disagreement regarding the conduct of the tournament, or formal protest. A formal protest must be in writing, signed, and dated. This committee will not be convened to overrule decisions made by the official(s) overseeing any match wrestled.

VI. Medical Polices During Events

C. Skin Checks will follow NFHS rules. During weigh-ins, officials, or designated health care professional will complete a full skin evaluations process on each athlete. If a participant is suspected of having a communicable skin disease or any other condition that makes participation appear inadvisable the athlete must provide current (14 days) written documentation from appropriate health care professional stating that the suspected disease or condition is not communicable and that the athlete’s participation would not be harmful to an opponent. This must be provides at weigh-ins. The only exception would be if a pre designated on-site meet appropriate health-care professional is present and is able to examine the wrestlers either immediately prior to or immediately after weigh-ins. Covering a communicable conditions shall not be consider acceptable and does not make a wrestler eligible to participate.

* Written documentation has to describe location of lesion.

* Written documentation signed only by Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Osteopathic Physician.

VII Eligibility and Qualifications for Competition

E. Satellite Weigh-Ins: An official shall be at each satellite weigh-in site to check weight and skin. Head official of tournaments appoints official for weigh-in. Satellite weigh-in will be for Top 100, region(where required) and

State. Top 100 and region are responsible for paying for the official. Team Tennessee pays for officials at state.

F. Out of State Wrestlers: Wrestlers who live with in 50 miles of the state boarder and who are members of a recognized Tennessee Team/Club must compete in a minimum of three (3) Tennessee tournaments to be eligible to compete in regional and qualify for state.

VIII. Match Times:

Completion of Matches Changes:

Technical Fall is 12 points for TOT, BANTAM, and MIDGET.

Technical Fall is 15 points for JUNIOR and MIDDLE SCHOOL.

DELETE HIGH SCHOOL DIVISON

IX COMPETITION EVENTS NOTES

4. In the event of a tie in a Round Robin Bracket, the following criteria will be use to break the tie.

1. Head to head competition.

2. The wrestler who has been penalized the least for unsportsmanlike conduct.

3. The wrestler having won the greater number of victories.

4. The wrestler having the greater number of falls.

5. The wrestler having the greater number of technical falls.

6. The wrestler having the greater number of major decisions.

7. The wrestler having the least number of defeats.

8. The wrestler having the greater number of offensive points scored.

9. The wrestler having the least number of defensive points scored.

10. The wrestler with the fastest pin.

IX. B Regional Championships:

Correct regions from 4 to 5.

Top three (3) from region go to the state in Junior/Middle School Division.

No shows at state will be forfeits.

Place top four (4).

IX C State Championship:

Tot, Bantam, and Midget-Open Tournament

Junior and Middle School-top three (3) advance from region.

Place six (6) at state.

Delete High School Division.

Registration Times (day of the week and time) will be the same for the region and state tournament every year.

Satellite Weigh-In sites for the State Tournament must be approved without changes no less than 30 days before the State Tournament by the competition committee.

IX. F Coaches Passes:

1 or more wrestlers 1 free pass

6 or more wrestles 2 free passes

10 or more wrestlers 3 free passes

15 or more wrestlers 4 free passes

20 or more wrestlers 5 free passes

25 or more wrestles 6 free passes

30 or more wrestlers 7 free passes

35 or more wrestlers 8 free passes

40 or more wrestlers 10 free passes with the option to purchase two additional passes for no more than $10 per pass.

Ok, Im not going through this again. Im sure you didnt comprehend what I said in all the other posts. We werent told to read the rule book/ the addition to the rule book, or check the rule book at a later date. We were read the rules, handed the rules and signed the rules. What you have posted is not what we signed. It doesnt really matter what you think in the first place . Are you an out of state wrestler or team? Were you present? Did you sign the contract? Did it affect you? Should we be held accountable for something we knew nothing about?

Ok, Im not going through this again. Im sure you didnt comprehend what I said in all the other posts. We werent told to read the rule book/ the addition to the rule book, or check the rule book at a later date. We were read the rules, handed the rules and signed the rules. What you have posted is not what we signed. It doesnt really matter what you think in the first place . Are you an out of state wrestler or team? Were you present? Did you sign the contract? Did it affect you? Should we be held accountable for something we knew nothing about?

1) Never said you should be held accountable. The tournament has already been held. The kids were already given their medals. AAU wont do a thing to you. You will not be held accountable. Just simply stating what all of us were told. We never knew of this contract. That is why people are upset. AAU messed up by giving you certain rules and posting something totally different on the website. AAU's mistake, not yours.

2) It does matter what I think. I am a part of TN AAU Wrestling. We are at every tournament. I help coach my son's team. As long as anyone is a part of TN AAU Wrestling, their opinion matters just as much as yours. Maybe is doesn't really matter what you think. You are not so special that your opinion is the only one that matters.

3) We are NOT an out of state wrestler or team. Why is that? That right...its because we are from TN. We went to OUR state tournament. Not another state's state tournament. We don't live in another state. Was I present? No. Why? Because we live in and wrestle for a TN team. Did we sign the contract? No. Why? You guessed it...we are from TN.

4) Did it affect us? It affected everyone that went to state or region. Nothing against you or the other out of state kids, but you are not from our state. It is just flat out wrong that any out of state wrestler was allowed to wrestle in our state or region in the first place. This rule never should have made from the beginning. You have your own state tournament...wrestle in it. I will be at the state meeting, and I will do everything in power to see that this injustice is fixed.

• Upvote 1

1) Never said you should be held accountable. The tournament has already been held. The kids were already given their medals. AAU wont do a thing to you. You will not be held accountable. Just simply stating what all of us were told. We never knew of this contract. That is why people are upset. AAU messed up by giving you certain rules and posting something totally different on the website. AAU's mistake, not yours.

2) It does matter what I think. I am a part of TN AAU Wrestling. We are at every tournament. I help coach my son's team. As long as anyone is a part of TN AAU Wrestling, their opinion matters just as much as yours. Maybe is doesn't really matter what you think. You are not so special that your opinion is the only one that matters.

3) We are NOT an out of state wrestler or team. Why is that? That right...its because we are from TN. We went to OUR state tournament. Not another state's state tournament. We don't live in another state. Was I present? No. Why? Because we live in and wrestle for a TN team. Did we sign the contract? No. Why? You guessed it...we are from TN.

4) Did it affect us? It affected everyone that went to state or region. Nothing against you or the other out of state kids, but you are not from our state. It is just flat out wrong that any out of state wrestler was allowed to wrestle in our state or region in the first place. This rule never should have made from the beginning. You have your own state tournament...wrestle in it. I will be at the state meeting, and I will do everything in power to see that this injustice is fixed.

Thank god other people in your state arent as scared as you and cry babies #1 & 2. Im sure you dont understand what its like living in a border community because I bet you are from Nashville. There is no great wall or fence separating us from Chattanooga , this isnt China or Berlin. It is an imaginary line. I work in Chattanooga, my wife works in Chattanooga, my daughter goes to day care in Chatanooga. I grew up in Chattanooga as did the rest of my family. We moved 5 miles into Georgia due to a better school and cheaper property. We are part of Chattanooga. Im sure Bristol Tn & Va are the same as well as Memphis & their Ms suburbs and maybe Clarksville/ Ky. You are doing nothing but alienating a handful of kids for you own gain. Hopefully you will be in the minority but if not then everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think everyone spoke loud and clear when they voted this in that they were going to put whats best for wrestling and the majority ahead of a handful of parents who want to boo hoo till the cows come home. Good luck to you but I can assure you we will be wrestling in Tn next year if we have to join a Tn club so you are going to gain nothing.

Thank god other people in your state arent as scared as you and cry babies #1 & 2. Im sure you dont understand what its like living in a border community because I bet you are from Nashville. There is no great wall or fence separating us from Chattanooga , this isnt China or Berlin. It is an imaginary line. I work in Chattanooga, my wife works in Chattanooga, my daughter goes to day care in Chatanooga. I grew up in Chattanooga as did the rest of my family. We moved 5 miles into Georgia due to a better school and cheaper property. We are part of Chattanooga. Im sure Bristol Tn & Va are the same as well as Memphis & their Ms suburbs and maybe Clarksville/ Ky. You are doing nothing but alienating a handful of kids for you own gain. Hopefully you will be in the minority but if not then everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think everyone spoke loud and clear when they voted this in that they were going to put whats best for wrestling and the majority ahead of a handful of parents who want to boo hoo till the cows come home. Good luck to you but I can assure you we will be wrestling in Tn next year if we have to join a Tn club so you are going to gain nothing.

Now who is the crybaby......

We are not scared. We have done did 2 national tournaments and are planning on 3 more within the next month. We live about 10 minutes from KY actually. We do all our shopping in KY because the taxes are lower. I get that you do everything Chattanooga, but you still don't live in TN. I would like you to come our regular tournaments all year to get us better competition. The point of state is to find out who the best in that state is. You don't live in TN, therefore cannot be the best in TN. Non TN kids should not wrestle in the TN state. Let me ask you a couple questions. Do you get a TN driver's license since you are so close to the border? Do you vote in TN? Do you have a TN licence plate on your car? Will your kids wrestle in the TN high school state since its only 5 minutes? Why are you so scared to wrestle in the GA state championship?

Edited by Panther50
  • Upvote 1

We are not scared. We have done did 2 national tournaments and are planning on 3 more within the next month. We live about 10 minutes from KY actually. We do all our shopping in KY because the taxes are lower. I get that you do everything Chattanooga, but you still don't live in TN. I would like you to come our regular tournaments all year to get us better competition. The point of state is to find out who the best in that state is. You don't live in TN, therefore cannot be the best in TN. Non TN kids should not wrestle in the TN state. Let me ask you a couple questions. Do you get a TN driver's license since you are so close to the border? Do you vote in TN? Do you have a TN licence plate on your car? Will your kids wrestle in the TN high school state since its only 5 minutes? Why are you so scared to wrestle in the GA state championship?

Against my better judgment I am going to get involved in this conversation one more time...

This is my take on this whole thing.

IMO to compete in the TNAAU State Tournament you should have to meet one of these two requirements.

1. Be a TN resident.

2. Be a wrestler from a border state that wrestles with an accepted TNAAU club and actively participates in TNAAU events. (3 or more)

I think border state wrestlers can qulify under standard number 2. since there are also HS teams that do this. For example GA kids wrestling at McCallie or MS kids at Christian Brothers.

I think CPOPE2 brings up the problem with the out of state guys. GA ages and weights are different from ours, therefore if you are a 7 year old 8U Kid in GA it may be advantageous for you to win in TN as a 7U Bantam. The thing is though our children that live in OUR State can not wrestle in the GA State Tourney when they could wrestle as 8 year old 8Us versus 8 year old 9U Midgets in TN, because they are not GA residents (fair enough IMO). Why should you be able to border hop when it is convenient for you? We have KY kids wrestling with us in Clarksville and we are a TNAAU club. My KY kids wrestle in TN during the regular season because the competition is better, but they want to win their State tourney and they do.

Just my two cents. I do love the competition though!