GREENBACK FOOTBALL

Vols1234

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Greenback fans...Please ignore Wartburg Bulldog. He does not represent the majority of our fan base. Any of us that keep up with football knows that Greenback has a great tradition. I was glad to see Coach Ellison toughen up our schedule by adding teams like Greenback. I believe last year was the first meeting between the two schools and it was a good one. Our guys started playing pretty well in that game and continued to get better as the season went on. This should be a better year & I am looking forward to traveling to a place with such great football tradition for what should be a great atmosphere. I will be wearing blue lol. It should be a good one, but that is a long time from now. Good luck to the Cherokees.

All Greenback fans...Please ignore Wartburg Bulldog. He does not represent the majority of our fan base. Any of us that keep up with football knows that Greenback has a great tradition. I was glad to see Coach Ellison toughen up our schedule by adding teams like Greenback. I believe last year was the first meeting between the two schools and it was a good one. Our guys started playing pretty well in that game and continued to get better as the season went on. This should be a better year & I am looking forward to traveling to a place with such great football tradition for what should be a great atmosphere. I will be wearing blue lol. It should be a good one, but that is a long time from now. Good luck to the Cherokees.

Me2,nice post and believe you me we in no way listen to what this juvenlie has to say,this isnt a wartburg vs GB thread and thats where he is going with it.I to like the thought of us playing a bigger school,and no you all dont have a strong football tradition,but that doesnt mean you cant start one,you all should be an improved ball team this yr.We return alot of kids and i had heard about the o-line coach,tho i dont think it is a done deal.whoever comes in is getting an experience deep bunch of O and D-lineman.This could be the best we have ever had,some of these sohomores that played on the line have grew up into some big strong kids.it is very exciting to watch these kids workout they truly love this game.

What great tradition? I remember a few years ago when they were in the same district wit Sunbright, Oakdale and Coalfield and they wouldn't win many games. Greenback is a good team no doubt, but as young as we were last year and how loaded they were supposed to be we should have beat them. It will be different this season. I am just speaking the truth. Sorry if I hurt feelings on here. I just bleed blue and I know how good our team can be this season.

What great tradition? I remember a few years ago when they were in the same district wit Sunbright, Oakdale and Coalfield and they wouldn't win many games. Greenback is a good team no doubt, but as young as we were last year and how loaded they were supposed to be we should have beat them. It will be different this season. I am just speaking the truth. Sorry if I hurt feelings on here. I just bleed blue and I know how good our team can be this season.

You must be talking about 2008, the last time we were in that district. We beat Sunbright 42-12, Oakdale 50-6, and Coalfield 42-7. The team went 11-2 and lost both games to an outstanding Oneida team. I don't remember many people referring to last years team as loaded. This years seniors have played together since Pee Wee football and the team might be considered loaded by Greenback standards.

OandB you hit it right on the head this is a young person with no clue about east tenn football,Bill satterfield was one of the winningest coaches in single A fooball in his 20 something years at Greenback.A State championship in 87 multiple playoff victories,thats a pretty strong tradition.This is the way it goes when a team has a winning season(how many winning seasons have you actually had?)all the suuden they start calling other teams out.You are a foolish person.I will say you all will be lucky to win 6 games this season!i guess we will have to treat him like ole tiger if you dont pay him no attention he will go away.haha.Good luck Kees!

They have more Gold balls as well as playoff wins against South Pittsburg than Sunbright, Oakdale and Coalfield combined which is 0. Sorry if the truth hurts. But the truth will set you free.

Edited by rlh

Greenback was in that mentioned district from 1999-2008 and compiled a overall record of 72-43, 24 of those loses came after 2004(Bill Satterfield's last season). As for the year your thinking of, it was 2006, finished 1-9 beating only Oakdale 48-6 and the last time that happened was in 1982.

Greenback's tradition begin when the program started in 1957. The first 28 years of the program had many ups and downs; Co-Champions Foothills Conference in 1966 & 1973 and 1973 was the first of many playoff appearances to come. It wasn't until 1985 that Greenback's tradition became what it's really known for today. Since 1985, Greenback has made the playoffs 19 out of 27 years(one State title and possible could've been more) and an overall winning percentage of 64.1 or 7.5 games a year(202-113).

Since 1957: 305-280-10?(? is unknown result of game vs. Huntsville in 1958) overall that includes a 27-19 playoff record for a total of 596 games played; 20 playoff appearances(22 different teams played) that includes a State Title '87, 2 semi-finals '87 & '92 as well as 9 quarterfinals '73, '87, '91, '92, '93, '02, '03, '04 & '08.

WartburgBulldog says,"What great tradition?" can the Bulldogs compare.

And I'll end by saying,"We'll see ya'll for our 600th game and with a W in the end this fall."