AC's Matthew Pyke getting big looks

thekidd0086

I have no doubt he is an awesome kid. I have been told several times that he is a great kid by coaches that have coached him. What I am saying is that Clinton went 0-10....he tried to jump ship to Grace and it couldn't happen, and now he's at A.C. I don't see the "pride" for Clinton anywhere from a kid that grew up his entire life in Clinton. That's all I'm saying. I'm sure he will have a great season at A.C. and I'm sure he'll end up at a great school in college. I truly hope he does. But if he had pride he would stay with the boys that he grew up with no matter what kind of record the team had. This is my opinion, I think there will be a college or two out there too that asks him about it as well.

If I am remembering right, we had a player do that to us too. He was a running back, Larue was his name, and he was in the same situation. He transfered to AC too but he will tell you to this day that is was because he thought Clinton was horrible and wanted to win. But Pyke will be fine and YES he is a great kid. Wish he would have stayed at Clinton. These things happen. It's good he didn't go to Grace, he would have been investigated most likely by TSSAA and Grace would have been in trouble again.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to start an arguement. Here's what I know. My coworker is a former Grace coach's father in law. That coach is now back at Clinton. I am speaking from what I know of the situation from that coach. This is not his opinion, this is mine. He went back to Clinton and was hoping to get another chance with the Pyke kid however he learned he went to A.C. and not Grace where he would have been his coach. This is what I know, and this is the opinion I formed.

Opinions formed off of hear say from a coach that was let go from grace probably isn't the best place to base your posts off of... Remember we're not dealing with college students... These are teenagers and their lives (and addresses) are dictated from their parents....

Opinions formed off of hear say from a coach that was let go from grace probably isn't the best place to base your posts off of... Remember we're not dealing with college students... These are teenagers and their lives (and addresses) are dictated from their parents....

Well, I will make a small defense, he wasn't "let go" from Grace. That coach has nothing but great things to say about the Pyke kid. Was excited that he was going back to Clinton but disappointed he wouldn't be able to coach him again. He always speaks highly of him and his family. This is strictly my opiinion. I have no intentions on bringing someone else in it. You say you are a Clinton boy, he is too, why don't you ask him why he left Grace and what he thinks of that kid. I'm sure he will praise him to you as much as he did to me.

Edited by mneerpapaw22

Well, I will make a small defense, he wasn't "let go" from Grace. That coach has nothing but great things to say about the Pyke kid. Was excited that he was going back to Clinton but disappointed he wouldn't be able to coach him again. He always speaks highly of him and his family. This is strictly my opiinion. I have no intentions on bringing someone else in it. You say you are a Clinton boy, he is too, why don't you ask him why he left Grace and what he thinks of that kid. I'm sure he will praise him to you as much as he did to me.

I was basing my opinion off you questioning a kids pride over a opinion from a coach no longer at a program... I'm just trying to take up for a good kid! I respect the coach for saying good things... Theres no bad you could say about Pyke... Good respectable kid... Deserves all the things comin to him

I was basing my opinion off you questioning a kids pride over a opinion from a coach no longer at a program... I'm just trying to take up for a good kid! I respect the coach for saying good things... Theres no bad you could say about Pyke... Good respectable kid... Deserves all the things comin to him

Let me start over.....I am not bashing this kid. I hope he wears orange and white someday. I am speaking as an outsider looking in. Here's the facts. Clinton went 0-10 and I bet that last season was no fun at all for any of those kids. This kid attempted to go to a private school but the red tape was too thick so he ends up at Clinton's rival school, as school that has to potential to make the playoffs this season and take a run at state next season. On the outside, it appears that the fear of another couple of bad years would make a DI prospect seek other opportunities due to the fact that if Clinton were to have a couple of bad seasons he might get lost in the crowd as far as schools looking at him. We see it ALL THE TIME up here in Blount County. There are two DI prospects that live exactly right behind Heritage (literally) but goes to Alcoa. Like I said, I follow Heritage, but mostly all Blount Schools but I have become a follower of that coach too and whatever team he is coaching at the time. It's hard to type feelings in text, so to make the record straight I am only saying this as an outside observer and I am in no way bashing the kid.

Okay no hard feelings, thanks for clarifying... And I would LOVE to see him in orange and white!

Well, it is not like Clinton and AC are 2 hours away from each other. My question is, why couldn't he just finish out his playing years with the boys he grew up playing with? A 5 mile drive for his mom couldn't be that bad lol know what i mean? It's not like it's a far distance away, kinda silly reason if you ask me..Just me tho!

Well, it is not like Clinton and AC are 2 hours away from each other. My question is, why couldn't he just finish out his playing years with the boys he grew up playing with? A 5 mile drive for his mom couldn't be that bad lol know what i mean? It's not like it's a far distance away, kinda silly reason if you ask me..Just me tho!

Talked with the Coach I metioned earlier last night, said that the Staff at Clinton was a little confused by the kid's decision but the coaches and players all love him to death and while they can't wait to see him on the field they also pray for him to get everything that God is putting in his path. Again I didn't want it to look like I was bashing the kid, just saying that sometimes it gets frustrating to see young men leave a program (not saying this is why he did) because of bad seasons and fear of getting lost in the shuffle. If I could have played for the University of Tennessee I would have played if they went undefeated or never won a game because it would have been a dream come true. Now high school is different but kids still grow up dreaming of wearing a certian uniform on friday nights too. I hope the best for the Pyke kid, and after talking to coach again last night I'm sure we will see him on Saturdays in a couple years. Go 'Neers! Go Dragons! Go Mavs! Go 'Kees! and let's getting another title in Blount County! And I hope the Rams suffer!

If you could pick between the two schools I would pick AC.... Better football team, better coaches, atmosphere is the best in east TN on Friday nights. The next two years AC will be making deep runs in the playoffs I hope....lol. you would Get more exposure...But this is just my opinion.... AC was going to be good this year but with the current transfers AC is getting they are going to make AC even better. Can't wait till football season. I hope we can give Oak Ridge a better game this year..... But OR is the team to beat I think this year in are Class..... :popcorneater:

Edited by Space3