MJCA looking for a coach

I think they can have all the commitment in the world and I don't think you would see any noticeable difference. MJCA has always been about basketball and soccer. Those are sports that can get by with less physical type athletes. Not many real football players are at MJCA. Look at the number of football players that have played college football from MJCA and other schools they play. That is the real and only reason for MJCA lack of success, players not as good as teams they play.

Then why even go through the motions of having a football program? You can't dabble in football, you have to commit or get out. I wonder how many boys at FCS with rings started out at MJCA.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why even go through the motions of having a football program? You can't dabble in football, you have to commit or get out. I wonder how many boys at FCS with rings started out at MJCA.

That could be said for many ,many programs in football at junior high schools,high schools and colleges and universities. When MJCA does not have any kids that want to play I am sure they will get out. I bet there are not 2 kids in their program that could play at some of the schools we mentioned. MJCA may be the only chance they even get to play football. What is wrong with that if a kid wants to play or a coach wants to coach?

That could be said for many ,many programs in football at junior high schools,high schools and colleges and universities. When MJCA does not have any kids that want to play I am sure they will get out. I bet there are not 2 kids in their program that could play at some of the schools we mentioned. MJCA may be the only chance they even get to play football. What is wrong with that if a kid wants to play or a coach wants to coach?

I guess there's nothing wrong with that, but generally football is meant to be played for a little more than a "Certificate of Participation."

I guess there's nothing wrong with that, but generally football is meant to be played for a little more than a "Certificate of Participation."

I have seen MJCA play football more than a few times over a few years. I wish they were better and more competitive than they are. I agree with your statement but I will also say that the players want to win and play as well as they can. The games they have won have been against talent equal to themselves and they were just as happy as Alabama Players were after the championship game. MJCA just needs to schedule as many games

as they can with talent equal teams. You never did address my point about players going to college to play and those that could even play for any other teams.True statement,isn't it?

Edited by hardtackle

I have seen MJCA play football more than a few times over a few years. I wish they were better and more competitive than they are. I agree with your statement but I will also say that the players want to win and play as well as they can. The games they have won have been against talent equal to themselves and they were just as happy as Alabama Players were after the championship game. MJCA just needs to schedule as many games

as they can with talent equal teams. You never did address my point about players going to college to play and those that could even play for any other teams.True statement,isn't it?

Ok, I'm your huckleberry. Who in their right mind with a kid good enough to play college football would have him languish in the quagmire that is MJCA football? Friendship and Trousdale are not sending a lot of players on to the next level.

Not every school is going to have an equal level of commitment to football. This is true in both Division I and Division II. It's also true at the collegiate level. The fact of the matter is, there are at least some kids at every school who want to play football. I'm sure these kids go to practice, work hard, and try just as hard as anyone to win. They obviously haven't experienced a great deal of success, but that doesn't mean the school should just drop the sport. It's the same thing as quitting, taking your ball home, and saying "well if we can't win, then we're not playing". Nobody likes that mentality. That's like saying just because a family can't afford to have a steak dinner every night, they should just stop eating.

Not every school is going to have an equal level of commitment to football. This is true in both Division I and Division II. It's also true at the collegiate level. The fact of the matter is, there are at least some kids at every school who want to play football. I'm sure these kids go to practice, work hard, and try just as hard as anyone to win. They obviously haven't experienced a great deal of success, but that doesn't mean the school should just drop the sport. It's the same thing as quitting, taking your ball home, and saying "well if we can't win, then we're not playing". Nobody likes that mentality. That's like saying just because a family can't afford to have a steak dinner every night, they should just stop eating.

Nice post.

It's more like having a steak in the fridge but settling for the bologna sandwich because it's easier to fix for dinner.

It's more like having a steak in the fridge but settling for the bologna sandwich because it's easier to fix for dinner.

You really think the players at MJCA would be better if they had better facilities,coaching,and commitment from the school? You think there is talent enough to beat teams in their region?

You really think the players at MJCA would be better if they had better facilities,coaching,and commitment from the school? You think there is talent enough to beat teams in their region?

I know if they don't do those things they have no chance at competing with teams in their region. 6 of the 8 teams in their region make the playoffs, yet they've never been.

I thought Coach Harrison was doing a good job but he was so handcuffed in what he was able to do.

Give the new a guy the things he needs to be competitive or the cycle will continue.

I know if they don't do those things they have no chance at competing with teams in their region. 6 of the 8 teams in their region make the playoffs, yet they've never been.

I thought Coach Harrison was doing a good job but he was so handcuffed in what he was able to do.

Give the new a guy the things he needs to be competitive or the cycle will continue.

I do know a little about football and I know Coach Harrison and I think he was working hard and very capable. Yes he needed more "good" assistants,other than that what else would make a difference for the players?

Edited by runtheball

I am thinking maybe they should go to 8 man football. Many smaller schools are going that route. I believe they would be competitive at that level.