MJCA looking for a coach

The AD is responsible for the athletic programs and of course it about getting kids, but how hard are they trying. You can be creative to get more kids on your campus and the see what happens. If they fired Harrison based on him not being Baptist and that is a new policy by the new headmaster than so be it. Then they better fire a ton of teachers over there because I know for a fact they are not all baptist or attend baptist churches including the AD. The new soccer complex was about a donor who loves soccer and a deal was worked out with the YMCA, no one would turn down free money for any complex.

Good Luck Coach Roberts, the kids will work hard.

Yes, good luck coach. I am not sure anything can get new students to attend MJCA. It is a small school and will always have limited funds and need a donor and working with another partner such as the YMCA to develop new facilities. Volunteer coaches will always be a large part of the coaching staff. I don't think there are denomination requirements,if there were I don't think there would be a school. The school does serve a small group ,but will never be a strong contender in athletics. Edited by hardtackle

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well MJCA has indeed hired Jake Roberts as their new football coach. The full press release can be found on the front page of CoachT. Wish him the best as I feel like the MJCA job is the toughest coaching gig in the entire state.

He will be just like the other football coaches at MJCA, no help in the building and will have to have all volunteer assistants.

From reading it looks like its been about a week for the new coach. How are things looking? Are the kids adjusting well? What about assistant coaches? I saw they are keeping the offensive coordinator, does that mean the same offense or does the new coach bring his own scheme?

He is looking for a DC as an asst. One would assume the offense will stay the same with the same OC, that would be good for continuity. IF he gets to hire a DC with out a teaching spot what will Roberts do?

He is looking for a DC as an asst. One would assume the offense will stay the same with the same OC, that would be good for continuity. IF he gets to hire a DC with out a teaching spot what will Roberts do?

If he's smart, he will start working with his punter and kickoff return team immediately.

Those are the two most utilized components of MJCA football over the years.

• 3 weeks later...