MJCA looking for a coach

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with a 21-77 record since the inception of the football program, it'll be an uphill battle for any coach

best of luck, I hope he knows what he's got himself into

Coaching is not all about winning,it is about developing young men through the game.Players and opponents are not the battle a coach gets himself into,most times it is adults with selfishness that is the culprit. Players and coaches are in the game because they love it,win or lose.Problems occur when individual

wants are more important than team.

Coaching is not all about winning,it is about developing young men through the game.Players and opponents are not the battle a coach gets himself into,most times it is adults with selfishness that is the culprit. Players and coaches are in the game because they love it,win or lose.Problems occur when individual

wants are more important than team.

I'm all for developing young men through sports. I'm also for giving 100% effort and dedication to winning.

Football is a hard game, many hours of blood and sweat go into each game. There is nothing like winning to motivate a team. Here's the problem, MJCA has never committed to building a winning (or even competitive) football program.

I'm all for developing young men through sports. I'm also for giving 100% effort and dedication to winning.

Football is a hard game, many hours of blood and sweat go into each game. There is nothing like winning to motivate a team. Here's the problem, MJCA has never committed to building a winning (or even competitive) football program.

How so? What type of commitment are you talking about? As long as the players are playing to the best of their abilities,that is all that can be said.I know the school has good facilities and equipment. Edited by runtheball

How so? What type of commitment are you talking about? As long as the players are playing to the best of their abilities,that is all that can be said.I know the school has good facilities and equipment.

Commitment to athletics means giving the coaches the necessary tools to help the kids be successful. Staffing the teams with quality coaches, funding the needs and some of the wants, not just whatever and whoever is convenient. Describe their good facilities, they are ok.

Commitment to athletics means giving the coaches the necessary tools to help the kids be successful. Staffing the teams with quality coaches, funding the needs and some of the wants, not just whatever and whoever is convenient. Describe their good facilities, they are ok.

Bucksfan, at least you get it. Runtheball is fooling himself all day long if he thinks that MJCA has made a commitment to be a competitive football program.

Bucksfan, at least you get it. Runtheball is fooling himself all day long if he thinks that MJCA has made a commitment to be a competitive football program.

Since some want to criticize,let's just call it like it is. I am sure runtheball did not want to say this so I will. You could take the football players at Trousdale Co. and Friendship Christian, send them to MJCA with the few coaches that have been MJCA and send the players at MJCA to Trousdale Co. or Friendship with the full staff of coaches,all the wants and needs,and the big time committment and I promise you without a doubt MJCA would beat them every year very bad. As for coaches getting fired for no reason,it happens all the time and we may never know the real reason and probably none of our business either.

Since some want to criticize,let's just call it like it is. I am sure runtheball did not want to say this so I will. You could take the football players at Trousdale Co. and Friendship Christian, send them to MJCA with the few coaches that have been MJCA and send the players at MJCA to Trousdale Co. or Friendship with the full staff of coaches,all the wants and needs,and the big time committment and I promise you without a doubt MJCA would beat them every year very bad. As for coaches getting fired for no reason,it happens all the time and we may never know the real reason and probably none of our business either.

How about looking at it this way, if you swapped players with either Trousdale or Friendship, those two coaches would make it a closer game because of their commitment to football. I know the powers that be don't care about football, they only support basketball and soccer.

How about looking at it this way, if you swapped players with either Trousdale or Friendship, those two coaches would make it a closer game because of their commitment to football. I know the powers that be don't care about football, they only support basketball and soccer.

I think they can have all the commitment in the world and I don't think you would see any noticeable difference. MJCA has always been about basketball and soccer. Those are sports that can get by with less physical type athletes. Not many real football players are at MJCA. Look at the number of football players that have played college football from MJCA and other schools they play. That is the real and only reason for MJCA lack of success, players not as good as teams they play.