Clarksville-Northwest Coaching Search

howdoitknow

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will they hire somone from the inside or a nearby county? There are some successfull coaches at nearby schools that could be successfull.

Who would those be?

Kelly Meyers' services are available. Don't know if he would go there or if he would even apply, but at the very least it would make for an interesting sub-story in District 10-AAA.

NW is up against the wall. The AD says he will hire someone within two weeks. The problem is spring football is right around the corner and no teaching positions are available in the building. They will have to hire from within the school system because I hear it takes weeks to get screened by human resources. Clarksville is a strange place to work because of the school board restrictions. All coaches must teach a full load of classes and no athletic period. Very few qualified veterans will want to teach six classes a day and coach football with no assistant coaches in the building. This should be interesting. It wouldn't surprise me if this hire isn't someone who is already teaching and coaching in Clarksville/Montgomery County.

I have always heard clarksville is a coaches nightmare. Admin there seem to not care at all about sports. The only program there that seems to be a consistant winner is clarksville high. The rest of the schools besides NE hover between bad and mediocre. There are eenough athletes in that area to have more winning teams.

NW is up against the wall. The AD says he will hire someone within two weeks. The problem is spring football is right around the corner and no teaching positions are available in the building. They will have to hire from within the school system because I hear it takes weeks to get screened by human resources. Clarksville is a strange place to work because of the school board restrictions. All coaches must teach a full load of classes and no athletic period. Very few qualified veterans will want to teach six classes a day and coach football with no assistant coaches in the building. This should be interesting. It wouldn't surprise me if this hire isn't someone who is already teaching and coaching in Clarksville/Montgomery County.

Good luck NW.

Edited by macbeth

Good luck NW.

Who in their right mind would even want this job???? Administration cares nothing about athletics..too many schools in the area..and N'west simply doesn't have the athletic firepower to compete. The only thing that even comes close to winning is the Girl's softball program and I understand the coach moves mountains as far as facilities, fundraising etc, is concerned. Easier to turn a battleship around in a bathtub than to win there!!!

• 2 weeks later...