Clarksville-Northwest Coaching Search

howdoitknow

Maybe they should terminate the program then and allow the players at Northwest to co-op with another football program in the area (i.e. West Creek)..........do like MLK does allowing their "football players" to co-op and play at Pearl-Cohn

The crazy thing is, something like that might be the only way for a couple of those schools to be competitive. But I still don't understand how schools such as CHS and Northeast manage to be at least respectable year in and year out, while others look like they would be better off playing in 2A, literally. Keep in mind, Northeast does this with a 4A enrollment playing in a 5A district. They, along with CHS, seem to have at least some sort of emphasis on athletics, so what I don't understand is why the other schools don't at least make an attempt to follow suit. I can't believe someone in administration would say "it's not about winning games", when talking about athletics. I know that's not all high school athletics are about, but give me a break. Something as simple as an attitude change could do wonders over there.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe when "good coaches" from surrounding school districts do indeed apply the people in charge (Johnson & Smith) should give them a serious look. At this rate Clarksville-NW will be lucky to not get MERCY RULED in each of their 10 games this upcoming season.

I know a couple of very good coaches who have made inquiries and no one returns their calls. The administration would probably hire the first person who walks through the door with the right certification if they clear the background check at the school administration but they will not rock the boat to get the RIGHT person in place. They also have few if any assistant football coaches in the building and the fact is you can't run a successful 5A program without quality assistant coaches. The problem with quality assistant coaches is system wide in CMCSS. Clarksville and NW have head coaches and administrations that try to work around the road blocks to get quality people. Most of the others just don't know how to do it or don't care.

Me too bigredbird......I know of one coach in particular from a local 3A school who has been a part of a successful football program for 5-6 years now and the A.D. wouldn't begin to give him a chance. That's awful considering Northwest hasn't been close to being a winner on the gridiron in quite a while!

Me too bigredbird......I know of one coach in particular from a local 3A school who has been a part of a successful football program for 5-6 years now and the A.D. wouldn't begin to give him a chance. That's awful considering Northwest hasn't been close to being a winner on the gridiron in quite a while!

quite a while! Really? 2009 district 10AAA runner-up to Henry Co. Lost to eventual state champs Beech 21-19 week one. Hosted but lost first round playoff game against Gallatin. Finished season 7-4 not that long ago.