Clarksville-Northwest Coaching Search

howdoitknow

CMSS isnt greener

It's one of the worst paying jobs in the state, any classification. But for some young gun who wants to be a head coach, I guess it's a starter. Unless you teach math or science they won't hire you! Also, you will do 90% of the work yourself. Don't count on too many folks helping you coach.

Edited by OldStoneFort

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Smith should give an energetic young guy a chance instead of being unrealistic and trying to hire a "name" coach who (in his right mind) would never touch this job. This is starting to remind me of the school from the movie "Wildcats" where no coach would ever have the job and eventually they hired a WOMAN. Maybe that's what Northwest should try to do..........HIRE A FEMALE :roflol:

Maybe Smith should give an energetic young guy a chance instead of being unrealistic and trying to hire a "name" coach who (in his right mind) would never touch this job. This is starting to remind me of the school from the movie "Wildcats" where no coach would ever have the job and eventually they hired a WOMAN. Maybe that's what Northwest should try to do..........HIRE A FEMALE :roflol:

Northwest, at this point, is not a good job. But, with Dr. Johnson as principal, I see it getting better. He is a former football player & coach who is probably on his way to the Director of Schools position for our county. He will not be at Northwest long. He will want the program to be successful. I would say he is more involved in finding the right coach than Smith is.

I have no clue who Dr. Johnson is but if you say he may be on his way to the school director, I would think he only has himself in mind and wants nothing more than to move up to the top of the ladder.

How many experienced head coaches are left? I bet they hire some young gun looking to make a move up.

I have heard from a coach in Clarksville that Northwest has offered the job to no less than five people who have all turned it down. I wonder what is going on with this position? The dead period begins soon and football is right around the corner.

There is a new coach at NW. I believe they have named an interim head coach who was on staff last year. And speaking of Dr. Johnson, I believe he will not be long at NWHS. He has not stayed long at any position he has held. but that is just my thinking. They will have to find someone young who wants to make a name for himself. I wish them luck when they look to hire someone again in November of 2012.

There is a new coach at NW. I believe they have named an interim head coach who was on staff last year. And speaking of Dr. Johnson, I believe he will not be long at NWHS. He has not stayed long at any position he has held. but that is just my thinking. They will have to find someone young who wants to make a name for himself. I wish them luck when they look to hire someone again in November of 2012.

So what's the new head coach's name and why would they want to rehire in November of this year? That makes no sense at all unless you're being sarcastic about the season? I was under the impression there were no coaches in the building (or school system for that matter) who wanted the job?

Edited by OldStoneFort

So what's the new head coach's name and why would they want to rehire in November of this year? That makes no sense at all unless you're being sarcastic about the season? I was under the impression there were no coaches in the building (or school system for that matter) who wanted the job?

I believe he is at New Prov. middle school. Think he did the girls basketball team down there. Not sure of his name. Don't know for sure that he was on staff last year but heard that he was. Wish the best for the kids out there.