spring practice and 11AAA

cougar12345

Then why doesnt he have a head coach job? Every singe job in the county has been open and filled in the time you played for him at Indy. Does he teach at Independence? If not, that explains why he's not a head coach anywhere. I think you have to be teaching for the county to be a head coach.

Your correct , he does not teach at independence. Its just my opinion but I am sure that most of the guys that have played for him would say the same thing,

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I didn't fully think it through before using the word "plethora". I should have used a word like "handful" instead. I guess it just seems like they always have a decent number of guys who are athletic enough to play a WR/RB combo; which is really all they needed to play QB for Winfree's offense. Throw someone in there who doesn't fumble and can complete 10-12 passes a game, and that offense would have been unstoppable. As I said before, Pemberton's offense will be similar; and I am optimistic that he'll get someone out there that has the necessary tools to run that offense. It is just a shame that Chudi isn't one year younger. He would have been even harder to stop if the safeties and linebackers of opposing teams were worried about the receivers even just a little bit.

Brentwood will be the team to beat this year. They will go undefeated in the district. Everyone else will fight for second. They will get a big boost from Pemberton's willingness to do whatever it takes to win vs. Crawford's side agendas (Playing coaches' sons, playing upperclassmen instead of equally or more talented underclassmen). It's going to be a fun year for us Bruin fans.

might be fun but I sure do not understand the crawford bashing. With him at Brentwood I would have picked them first but with him gone I say the Cougars get it done.

Rector = very good coach, but IMO not the best

Webb= very good defensive coach...we don't know yet how he will be as a head coach, my guess he'll do just fine

Clayton= good offensive coach, how he handles Hillsboro will be interesting

dyson= given time will be very good, he did win the district last year

Pemberton=?

Ravenwood =year two?

I played for Indy in 06 and 07, IMO the best coach in this entire area is the defensive coordinator at Indy . Coach Cieslak.

Well in my opinion he is tops in this group and way better than all the rest. Clayton is the next best by far. I not sure on the new guy at Brentwood but he has won a state championship so above the rest. The other three are just average coaches at best.

To MyHumbleOpinion.......

Sorry young man but someone with so little knowledge...especially about football...really should not post on public boards when even that knowledge was learned from parents in the stands. Brentwood won the championship in 2002 not 2003. Luke Steckel was a linebacker and came in as an extra back in short yardage....not a WR. I could go on but anyone that would remotely even hint Ron Crawford is anything other than one of the top high school coaches in the state needs to take up watching soccer!

I guess I didn't fully think it through before using the word "plethora". I should have used a word like "handful" instead. I guess it just seems like they always have a decent number of guys who are athletic enough to play a WR/RB combo; which is really all they needed to play QB for Winfree's offense. Throw someone in there who doesn't fumble and can complete 10-12 passes a game, and that offense would have been unstoppable. As I said before, Pemberton's offense will be similar; and I am optimistic that he'll get someone out there that has the necessary tools to run that offense. It is just a shame that Chudi isn't one year younger. He would have been even harder to stop if the safeties and linebackers of opposing teams were worried about the receivers even just a little bit.

I applaud your use of plethora.

DAD1, you hit the nail on the head... I don't know anything about football since I messed up the date of Brentwood's state championship... I said 2003 since the seniors of that football team were the Class of 2003, but you are correct, the actual championship game was played in 2002. I am so sorry. Also... even though I messed up what position Steckel played, I think you still helped prove my point. He was a defensive player until it was time to score touchdowns and then he was all of a sudden an offensive player... I know Crawford is a very good football coach, and he is capable of making his players improve. I never said otherwise. His problem is/was not his ability to coach, it was/is his ability to put the best players on the field no matter what. No one on this board can prove otherwise.

DAD1, you hit the nail on the head... I don't know anything about football since I messed up the date of Brentwood's state championship... I said 2003 since the seniors of that football team were the Class of 2003, but you are correct, the actual championship game was played in 2002. I am so sorry. Also... even though I messed up what position Steckel played, I think you still helped prove my point. He was a defensive player until it was time to score touchdowns and then he was all of a sudden an offensive player... I know Crawford is a very good football coach, and he is capable of making his players improve. I never said otherwise. His problem is/was not his ability to coach, it was/is his ability to put the best players on the field no matter what. No one on this board can prove otherwise.

No....that proves people that know football know there is a short yardage offense. If you will check the stats you will find Steckel scored very few touchdowns and was there to block.....or maybe through back to the QB to pull a game out at the last minute. Here again....quit listening to "mom and dad" in the stands.

If the Steckel argument was the only point I made, I could understand you picking at it the way you are and telling me that I am full of crap about Crawford. But it is only one small part of my overall argument about Crawford. It culminated this past year with the quarterback situation; but as I have stated, there are many smaller arguments through the years that support my overall argument. Again, I don't think Crawford is a terrible coach; I just think Pemberton will be better. It really isn't worth arguing about anyway, Crawford is gone, and this upcoming season will tell us who was right and who was wrong.

Edited by MyHumbleOpinion