BGA Baseball

tigbra32

BUSH!

Yes they do still play the drums and act like a bunch of softball girls. At one point they were doing a choreographed cheer in the dugout. I think the head coach that allows these bush league activities encourages such bad sportsmanship. Today after getting beat by Baylor for the second game in a row, which allowed Baylor to win the region, a couple of the BGA dad's started yelling at Baylor's Coach Etters wife for cheering for her team and telling her to shut up. She is probably in her 70's and then these brave dads threatened another one of Baylor player's grandfather. After things calmed down, the BGA's head coaches’ wife came and stood in the middle of the Baylor parents who were standing down the 3rd base line.

If I was a BGA alumni or BGA parent, this is not how I would want my school to be represented.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago I was watching a game and BGA was doing this same thing in the region tournament prior to the first pitch being thrown. One parent on the opposing team told the pitcher to nail three specific players (BGA's best players) until the Bush League BS stoped. After a few words were exchanged between the parent and CBM, with the 3rd base umpire watching, CBM decided it was best to tell his kids to stop the antics. The parent and the umpire even had a laugh when the parent ask the umpire how they would stop the Bush League behavior if it happened in professional baseball or if someone was doing it to one of the Hit after Hit summer league teams. The bottom line is that CBM does not want a BGA player to take a 90+ fastball in the back due to his childish Bush League behavior. If the opposing coaches would tell their players to settle things on the field and they would not be punished if a few 90+ fastballs get a little high and inside the problem would go away.

Edited by cbg

Yes they do still play the drums and act like a bunch of softball girls. At one point they were doing a choreographed cheer in the dugout. I think the head coach that allows these bush league activities encourages such bad sportsmanship. Today after getting beat by Baylor for the second game in a row, which allowed Baylor to win the region, a couple of the BGA dad's started yelling at Baylor's Coach Etters wife for cheering for her team and telling her to shut up. She is probably in her 70's and then these brave dads threatened another one of Baylor player's grandfather. After things calmed down, the BGA's head coaches’ wife came and stood in the middle of the Baylor parents who were standing down the 3rd base line.

If I was a BGA alumni or BGA parent, this is not how I would want my school to be represented.

I'm shocked that the BGA administration and fans don't find it embarrassing. Not only is it juvenile it is horrible sportsmanship and they look like fools. We were new to the area when we 1st attended a game where they did this and it was like we were at a little league game - i had never seen it before in HS. The posting on their outfield wall notes their last championship some time during the reign of Catherine the Great so i guess you'll try anything to find ways to win.

Why are BGA's dugout antics considered bush while the antics of the Baylor coach's wife not? Excessive noise designed to irritate the opponent to the point of distraction is how I would describe both. I am not a fan of the noise that comes out of the BGA dugout, nor am I a fan of the annoying chatter that comes from the mouth of Mrs. Etter. She knows exactly what she is doing and she is relentless with noise that is equally annoying to the opposing team as the BGA banging is.

To get on here and post only part of the story to make it look like BGA has a group of parents that pick on little old ladies is totally inaccurate. Etter does cheer for her team, but make no mistake, she also slips in negative things about the opposing hitters and pitchers, and on Saturday was perched 15 feet directly behind home plate calling out the location of the pitch to the Baylor hitters based on where the BGA catcher set up.

Smacks of the pot calling the kettle black to me.

A few years ago I was watching a game and BGA was doing this same thing in the region tournament prior to the first pitch being thrown. One parent on the opposing team told the pitcher to nail three specific players (BGA's best players) until the Bush League BS stoped. After a few words were exchanged between the parent and CBM, with the 3rd base umpire watching, CBM decided it was best to tell his kids to stop the antics. The parent and the umpire even had a laugh when the parent ask the umpire how they would stop the Bush League behavior if it happened in professional baseball or if someone was doing it to one of the Hit after Hit summer league teams. The bottom line is that CBM does not want a BGA player to take a 90+ fastball in the back due to his childish Bush League behavior. If the opposing coaches would tell their players to settle things on the field and they would not be punished if a few 90+ fastballs get a little high and inside the problem would go away.

It's also bush league when a first base coach throws his arms out and yells safe right as an umpire is about to make a call on a close play at firstbase. You don't see that done in professional baseball either... or do you CCG?

Why are BGA's dugout antics considered bush while the antics of the Baylor coach's wife not? Excessive noise designed to irritate the opponent to the point of distraction is how I would describe both. I am not a fan of the noise that comes out of the BGA dugout, nor am I a fan of the annoying chatter that comes from the mouth of Mrs. Etter. She knows exactly what she is doing and she is relentless with noise that is equally annoying to the opposing team as the BGA banging is.

To get on here and post only part of the story to make it look like BGA has a group of parents that pick on little old ladies is totally inaccurate. Etter does cheer for her team, but make no mistake, she also slips in negative things about the opposing hitters and pitchers, and on Saturday was perched 15 feet directly behind home plate calling out the location of the pitch to the Baylor hitters based on where the BGA catcher set up.

Smacks of the pot calling the kettle black to me.

It's also bush league when a first base coach throws his arms out and yells safe right as an umpire is about to make a call on a close play at firstbase. You don't see that done in professional baseball either... or do you CCG?

Read the last sentence about allowing players to settle things on the field. The players should know how to police the game without any help from a coach.

The fact is Mrs. Utter is a great lady with a lot of enthusiasm. The problem is she makes the game about her and not the kids. There is not one team that would not admit the constant yelling in an extremely loud voice about every single action taking place on the field is a distraction. When she finally moved to the Baylor side of the field there was peace. Everyone has a right to cheer for there team but you can't go to the other side and stand by the opposing fans and constantly yell (including here comes an easy out)---it's just rude. I would think that knowing this and still doing it for year after year speaks for itself. As for the brave dads threat, the sweet grandfather came out of the stands (along with a charging aggressive Baylor dad which is what caused the escalation) and physically put hands on a person that simply asked why does this happen year after year? It's pretty obvious what has to change - but don't hold your breath.

Read the last sentence about allowing players to settle things on the field. The players should know how to police the game without any help from a coach.

I read each sentence and have complete comprehension of what you were saying. I got your point and am not arguing with it. But I also think you got my point. If not, let's just say...like beauty...bush is often times in the eye of the beholder.

Slow runner i saw the whole thing unfold as an innocent bystander no allegiance to either team..both teams were a little out of line during the contest. I heard some of the things that Coach Etter's wife was saying. SHe was well within her right to say all that she said but she did personally attack the pitcher and the Dad was standing within ear shot and asked her "shut up" probably out of frustration. Not taking sides just stating that both sides were acting a little silly!

The fact is Mrs. Utter is a great lady with a lot of enthusiasm. The problem is she makes the game about her and not the kids. There is not one team that would not admit the constant yelling in an extremely loud voice about every single action taking place on the field is a distraction. When she finally moved to the Baylor side of the field there was peace. Everyone has a right to cheer for there team but you can't go to the other side and stand by the opposing fans and constantly yell (including here comes an easy out)---it's just rude. I would think that knowing this and still doing it for year after year speaks for itself. As for the brave dads threat, the sweet grandfather came out of the stands (along with a charging aggressive Baylor dad which is what caused the escalation) and physically put hands on a person that simply asked why does this happen year after year? It's pretty obvious what has to change - but don't hold your breath.

she does talk the ENTIRE game and says small things that she should keep to her self.

Getting back to baseball, is BGA still alive in the DIIAA division? Its hard to follow how they are doing when the post gets a little off tangent about the bush league antics of their players.

Since it looks like there are only 16 teams in this division according to the TSSAA website, how many advance to the "state" tournament?