BEARDEN HS BASEBALL

Vols1234

Please explain yourself. Why would the coach from Jeff county be such a very, very bad hire?

Just not the best one they could make in my opinion. Yes, the facilities are top notch. That is great. Let's not all forget that the Jeff County coach only has 2 years of head coaching experience. Coming from the parent stand point, although from another team, the constant cussing and beratement of the boys and lack of experience on that level, I just think there are better options. I have heard this week from other parents and seen it first hand, top notch facilities does not equal top notch character.

Just not the best one they could make in my opinion. Yes, the facilities are top notch. That is great. Let's not all forget that the Jeff County coach only has 2 years of head coaching experience. Coming from the parent stand point, although from another team, the constant cussing and beratement of the boys and lack of experience on that level, I just think there are better options. I have heard this week from other parents and seen it first hand, top notch facilities does not equal top notch character.

Speaking as someone who is not a parent, but close to the Jeff County program, Warner has a lot of positives. Nobody will work harder on facilities, raising money, (which is hard to do here)and working with and practicing his players. He worked very hard last year getting players signed. He can and will be tough on players during practice and games but always hugs them up and talks with them later. He upgraded JC's schedule this year to include teams such as Germantown, Soddy Daisy,DB, and Science Hill. He has had a lot of talent the last two years, probably more last year. He still has found a way to win 27 games. JC will be just okay next year and then have a down year, but then the talent picks up again. I really dont know why he would leave. I can't really speak to the character issue you bring up. He is a competitor and wants to win.

Speaking as someone who is not a parent, but close to the Jeff County program, Warner has a lot of positives. Nobody will work harder on facilities, raising money, (which is hard to do here)and working with and practicing his players. He worked very hard last year getting players signed. He can and will be tough on players during practice and games but always hugs them up and talks with them later. He upgraded JC's schedule this year to include teams such as Germantown, Soddy Daisy,DB, and Science Hill. He has had a lot of talent the last two years, probably more last year. He still has found a way to win 27 games. JC will be just okay next year and then have a down year, but then the talent picks up again. I really dont know why he would leave. I can't really speak to the character issue you bring up. He is a competitor and wants to win.

When it comes to high school athletics, schools SHOULD focus on character and integrity in the hiring process. However, this is not always the case, which is sad.

I heard last night that Traywick from Sevier County resigned, has he applied for the job?

This has got my interest now. Traywick did turn in his resignation. I have heard that he did apply or was talk to about the Bearden job. He is a PE teacher. He interviewed when the job was open before.

He helped turn the Sevier Co program around, no doubt! He had a real good talented class go thru that graduated in 2010 that helped tremendously! This opened the doors for others to want to go to SC where they previously went to other schools in the county to play baseball. You build it (or win) and they will come! He works very hard at his job and puts in the time needed to succeed! It would be interesting to see how the Bearden players and parents mesh with Coach T. He is VERY competitive and is one of those coaches that you either like him or hate him! I personally appreciated him and his work at SC and I wish Him the BEST if he does go this route!

When does Bearden play this week? If they win the 1st game, it will be at least another week until they announce who got the job, right?

This has got my interest now. Traywick did turn in his resignation. I have heard that he did apply or was talk to about the Bearden job. He is a PE teacher. He interviewed when the job was open before.

I was beginning to think I was the ONLY one who thought this was an interesting bit of information. You say "he did apply or was talk to" if that is true, why has no one mentioned his name? VERY STRANGE!!!

He helped turn the Sevier Co program around, no doubt! He had a real good talented class go thru that graduated in 2010 that helped tremendously! This opened the doors for others to want to go to SC where they previously went to other schools in the county to play baseball. You build it (or win) and they will come! He works very hard at his job and puts in the time needed to succeed! It would be interesting to see how the Bearden players and parents mesh with Coach T. He is VERY competitive and is one of those coaches that you either like him or hate him! I personally appreciated him and his work at SC and I wish Him the BEST if he does go this route!

I agree totally with all you said...he is a hard worker, and a huge competitor. If Bearden wants to win and win big, he can definitely do it, but parents would have to buy in to Traywick's way. I have watched two or three of SC games per year over the past 5-6 years and his kids definitely know how to play and most of the time played above their God given talent. From what I witnessed, he is hard nosed, and on the field it is his way or no play and I am not sure the Bearden kids can handle that kind of coach.

I was beginning to think I was the ONLY one who thought this was an interesting bit of information. You say "he did apply or was talk to" if that is true, why has no one mentioned his name? VERY STRANGE!!!

I agree totally with all you said...he is a hard worker, and a huge competitor. If Bearden wants to win and win big, he can definitely do it, but parents would have to buy in to Traywick's way. I have watched two or three of SC games per year over the past 5-6 years and his kids definitely know how to play and most of the time played above their God given talent. From what I witnessed, he is hard nosed, and on the field it is his way or no play and I am not sure the Bearden kids can handle that kind of coach.

Having played SC for three years in a row... I thought he got the guys to play hard and was a winner!

Having played SC for three years in a row... I thought he got the guys to play hard and was a winner!

From what I was told, he did not apply, Bearden came to him. Out of respect for his players, he did not want his name mentioned during playoffs. As a parent, I know he has a great relationship and goes above and beyond for his players off the field and even after they graduate. The kind of coach you would love to have your son play for. Players play according to their talent, not who they are related to.

• Upvote 1

Strange comment to make that it is his way on the field or you don't play! It SHOULD be the coaches way on the field.