BEARDEN HS BASEBALL

Vols1234

Bearden AD is interviewing the Collierville coach that is a fact. He is the front runner now for the job.

I think about the only "FACT" that can be taken from this thread is that none of you know the definition of "FACT". Here is the only "FACT" I have taken from this discussion. Vols1234 is a blubbering idiot!!

I don't have the words for how much respect I have for Coach Clark so if he says it's not Hopkins then I'm going to go with him on that one (even though I was the one that put his name out there). Apologies to all for the misinformation. I'll own that one.

Someone said that it was going to be a coach from Colierville and I couldn't imagine that Bearden would hire an assistant again so I figured it had to be Hopkins.

If they're considering assistants then why not Wilker? I was always under the impression that he wanted the job. I know he's not a teacher but doesn't Knoxville have a stipulation that if you're an assistant coach in their system for X years then you're eligible? Maybe that changed.

I don't have the words for how much respect I have for Coach Clark so if he says it's not Hopkins then I'm going to go with him on that one (even though I was the one that put his name out there). Apologies to all for the misinformation. I'll own that one.

Someone said that it was going to be a coach from Colierville and I couldn't imagine that Bearden would hire an assistant again so I figured it had to be Hopkins.

If they're considering assistants then why not Wilker? I was always under the impression that he wanted the job. I know he's not a teacher but doesn't Knoxville have a stipulation that if you're an assistant coach in their system for X years then you're eligible? Maybe that changed.

I have been told by several people that Rice from Karns has been offered and has accepted the job. I wonder if that's right? Not sure why that would be Bearden's direction...just what I heard.

I have been told by several people that Rice from Karns has been offered and has accepted the job. I wonder if that's right? Not sure why that would be Bearden's direction...just what I heard.

Why would you wonder why that would be their direction? You must not have gotten the memo. John Rice is the second coming of Jesus Christ and if you don't believe it just ask him!! : )

I heard it was a TTU assistants with no head coaching experience. He will be thrown to the wolves, i.e., booster club. Good luck to whomever they choose, just hope they choose soon!

One has to remember that it is more than just who the "best on the field" candidate may be. The choice has to be able to meet the certification of available teaching positions and be in a position with his family to make the move, if he is coming from out of town. There are a whole lot more issues than just picking the "best" coach for the job.

That said, I have heard Rice's name mentioned through out the process. It wouldn't surprise me to see him named the Bearden coach because he fits the criteria that seems to be in place. As a Bearden baseball alum, I want to see the best hire made, but I am also realistic about whom they are going to be able to hire.

OH REALLY?? Well I heard from a really good source that had a source who's source told him about another source that said his mom told him that this guy who coaches the 7 and under team at Lakeshore is the man for the job. Heard he has been offered a 10 year deal worth a reported 1.5 million. Rumor has it from the same source if he turns it down then Tony Larussa is next in line. Now that's a FACT!!