Single Game Strikeout Record

sportslover88

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck on that.

I know Rossview and Dickson had a 15 inning game back in 2004 where Ashley Elrod of Rossview had 28 strikeouts and Ashley Myatt of Dickson had 27 and we were told that the record was like 57 and we had missed it by 2. But I think the total for one pitcher is in the low 30's and I wanted to say it was Megan Rhodes from Lipscomb or maybe someone from Ezell. Riverdale's Kat was close also. Hope this helps.

It would be nice if TSSAA would require all games have box scores submitted. That would be the only way to keep up with it. It would give some legitimacy to all stats.

I don't know what is funnier....TSSAA keeping good stats or relying on High School book keepers (pitchers parents) to keep correct stats!!!!! Was once told it was not fair to the pitcher to score that a hit when she is trying so hard!!!!!! LOL!!!

I don't know what is funnier....TSSAA keeping good stats or relying on High School book keepers (pitchers parents) to keep correct stats!!!!! Was once told it was not fair to the pitcher to score that a hit when she is trying so hard!!!!!! LOL!!!

I can top that one, once some time back a parent called in a girl who had not even gotten on base as 3-3 with several RBI, she was mad the girl had not been voted all-district by league coaches.

Also there have been several times over the years I've seen games called in with the host having more "hits" than they actually had baserunners during the game, especially in losses. That's any kind of baseunner, whether by hit, walk, error or fielder's choice but the "hit" total still exceeded all of them put together. Whoever called it just thought of a number to make it look a little better, apparently.

Edited by Indian