Who will make the Class 1A State Tournament?

Volzchamps

So does that same reasoning mean last years Eagleville team should not have been in 1A since they had transfers who became eligible during the the post season?

Please explain the difference in transfers to 1A Eagleville and a transfers to 1A Grace.

I think those E ville transfers were from AAA Riverdale too.

How does that work with a private school? If a student transfers to play ball at a private are they eligible right away or do they have to forfiet the majority of their season as the transfers to Eagleville did to become eligible? It's a rare occurance in public schools because if they're considered varsity on the former team they have to sit a full year from last game played at varsity level. Generally don't the boys that attend a private school tend to do so their freshman year which means there's no transfer restrictions. Don't really want to get into all the private can recruit mess on this either. I can tell you that the boys that transferred to E'ville were willing to sit out their junior year to become eligible at the end of it, which says a lot and did so because of the atmosphere at their former school and that's all I'm going to say on that. Also really don't want to hear that's the only reason E'ville made it to State as they were there the year before as well with Sophomores and 2 seniors and no transfers. In addition two of those 3 transfers didn't see the field until regional final last year.

How does that work with a private school? If a student transfers to play ball at a private are they eligible right away or do they have to forfiet the majority of their season as the transfers to Eagleville did to become eligible? It's a rare occurance in public schools because if they're considered varsity on the former team they have to sit a full year from last game played at varsity level. Generally don't the boys that attend a private school tend to do so their freshman year which means there's no transfer restrictions. Don't really want to get into all the private can recruit mess on this either. I can tell you that the boys that transferred to E'ville were willing to sit out their junior year to become eligible at the end of it, which says a lot and did so because of the atmosphere at their former school and that's all I'm going to say on that. Also really don't want to hear that's the only reason E'ville made it to State as they were there the year before as well with Sophomores and 2 seniors and no transfers. In addition two of those 3 transfers didn't see the field until regional final last year.

The same transfer rules apply to privates as they do public in division 1. We had a football player that played on the team this year as a senior after having to sit out his junior year of football because he practiced with Westmoreland in the spring and it made him ineligible for his junior season. We also have some transfers who don't have to sit out because they move their residence over 25 miles and therefore don't have to sit out. A lot of teams have transfers that come to their team and also have transfers who leave and go to another school, that doesn't mean that recruiting is going on. It usually means that you have a good program and there are players wanting to come play for that team.

So does that same reasoning mean last years Eagleville team should not have been in 1A since they had transfers who became eligible during the the post season?

Please explain the difference in transfers to 1A Eagleville and a transfers to 1A Grace.

I think those E ville transfers were from AAA Riverdale too.

Im a FCS fan.And I don't think they need to be in 1A...... :unsure:200 kids at a private school is not the same no matter now you put it....... :unsure:

Edited by lancer10

Why does everyone keep saying Oliver Springs?? They have been swept by District 3's #2 team, #3 team, #5 team, and split with the last place team. They even lost to a horrible Wartburg team yesterday. They would be like a 5 or 6 seed in the district 3 tourny...

The two teams from the east will be Grace and either North Greene or Unaka

I wouldn't rule out University High either. Though I agree after Grace, the second spot will probably be North Greene, UH, or Unaka

Edited by dogtruth

With basically zero knowledge of East Tennessee baseball I am going to nail this list. Here we go.

1. Eagleville

2. Friendship Christian

3. Decatur Co. Riverside

4. Huntington

5. Boyd Buchanan

6. Wayne Co.

7. Grace Christian

8. Rockwood

You do realize that FCS has already beat Eagleville !