Henry County Hires Mike Greer

patriot04

Henry county hires Mike Greer as new head coach. I think we were past due on a coaching change. I don't know much about him but I hope he does a better job at developing players. We have the athletes to compete in our district we just need to teach these athletes fundamentals. If anyone knows what kind of coach he is please inform me. Tell me about his style offensively and defensively.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry county hires Mike Greer as new head coach. I think we were past due on a coaching change. I don't know much about him but I hope he does a better job at developing players. We have the athletes to compete in our district we just need to teach these athletes fundamentals. If anyone knows what kind of coach he is please inform me. Tell me about his style offensively and defensively.

From a personal opinion, I really loved playing for Coach Greer years back when he was coaching JSCC. We ran an uptempo style offense, and pressure full court defense. We averaged over a 100 ppg in his last year there. He's a fiery coach but real down to earth and caring guy. Great pick up for Henry County....

Excellent hire by Henry County. Any time you pick up a guy with head coaching experience at the college level, it says a lot. He was also a very good high school coach at 3 different schools. I do expect us to be back on the map in District 10-AAA sooner rather than later. As patriot04 already pointed out, there are plenty of athletes at Henry County. We have a rising junior who will be one of the best players in the district next season. Up-tempo offense and pressing defense is attached to Mike Greer's name. I'm excited to see the direction this basketball program goes. Best of luck to Coach Greer, and good job by the admin for reeling him in.

Excellent hire by Henry County. Any time you pick up a guy with head coaching experience at the college level, it says a lot. He was also a very good high school coach at 3 different schools. I do expect us to be back on the map in District 10-AAA sooner rather than later. As patriot04 already pointed out, there are plenty of athletes at Henry County. We have a rising junior who will be one of the best players in the district next season. Up-tempo offense and pressing defense is attached to Mike Greer's name. I'm excited to see the direction this basketball program goes. Best of luck to Coach Greer, and good job by the admin for reeling him in.

Coach Greer is coming in at a great time! Following one of the best fundamental high school coaches, I have ever had the pleasure to watch for past 6 years in Coach Wilkins will absolutely be a blessing. My son played all 4 years of high school ball under Coach Wilkins and learned so much about basketball, work ethic, and more importantly about how to be successful in life! Henry County had been considered an automatic win by many before Coach Wilkins came. Good luck to Coach Greer! You have a great nucleus of young athletes returning and should have a great chance to win District 10-AAA the next couple of years! Build upon the program as it is definitely headed in the right direction!!! Thanks to Coach Wilkins for all you did for HC basketball as well!!! My family and especially my son will always be grateful!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Get ready to rumble in the Gamlin Gymnasium because Greer will bring the show to town! This couldn't have been a better pick for the Patriots. Greer has been successful where ever he has been, and runs an old-school basketball program. If the boys act up, they won't play for him. He will help several players move up to the next level at Henry Co. I will not be surprised if he wins a couple of state titles over there.

He will stress defense and the offensive transition game will be so fast the opponent's heads will be spinning. You guys are in for some good days at Henry County.

Edited by @38320

Get ready to rumble in the Gamlin Gymnasium because Greer will bring the show to town! This couldn't have been a better pick for the Patriots. Greer has been successful where ever he has been, and runs an old-school basketball program. If the boys act up, they won't play for him. He will help several players move up to the next level at Henry Co. I will not be surprised if he wins a couple of state titles over there.

He will stress defense and the offensive transition game will be so fast the opponent's heads will be spinning. You guys are in for some good days at Henry County.

I wouldn't start hanging the state banners quite yet! There are some good coaches/teams in that district. Coach Stigall and Kenwood are loaded, Coach Tuck and Dickson Co. have almost everyone back, Coach Young and Clarksville always peak at the end, Coach Worsley and West Creek are young but have almost everyone back as well.

Not to mention the region teams that you cross with: Wilson Co, Beech, Hnedersonville, Station Camp, Mt. Juliet, and Gallatin can all go and are well coached. This is the toughest region in the state in my humble opinion.

On top of that, you cross with Brentwood, Ravenwood, Hunters Lane, ect. in sub-state game.

I wouldn't start hanging the state banners quite yet! There are some good coaches/teams in that district. Coach Stigall and Kenwood are loaded, Coach Tuck and Dickson Co. have almost everyone back, Coach Young and Clarksville always peak at the end, Coach Worsley and West Creek are young but have almost everyone back as well.

Not to mention the region teams that you cross with: Wilson Co, Beech, Hnedersonville, Station Camp, Mt. Juliet, and Gallatin can all go and are well coached. This is the toughest region in the state in my humble opinion.

On top of that, you cross with Brentwood, Ravenwood, Hunters Lane, ect. in sub-state game.

Toughest region is the state in 3A? Now there are some good programs and coaches you named but the toughest region 3A in the state borders the Sippy River...and that is not just my humble opinion...it is backed up with banners and gold balls....

If talking about 10AAA you loose credibility by not including Clarksville NE and Cooper who have won the district 4 out of the last 5 years, and been to the state multiple times. And yes it is a very tough district/region, but the Memphis region is tougher as the Gold Ball winner this year was the 5th place team in their district during regular season!

I have heard great things about coach Greer, and wish him the best, but let's be real here. For some reason i just don't see the 'opponents head spinning' from a fast transition game. These opponents are Clarksville athlete's (and Dickson co) we are talking about, no McKenzie or Big Sandy on the schedule (no offense to them, cause they are good 'A' teams, but their athletic ability is not on the same level). Change is exciting and i will be at all games, but let's keep the expectations real.

If talking about 10AAA you loose credibility by not including Clarksville NE and Cooper who have won the district 4 out of the last 5 years, and been to the state multiple times. And yes it is a very tough district/region, but the Memphis region is tougher as the Gold Ball winner this year was the 5th place team in their district during regular season!

I am not knocking NE and certainly Coach Cooper is a great coach but for the last 4 years he has superior talent and i think that run may be on the down turn(although he may get another transfer this year according to the rumor mill), that is the only reason I did not mention NE earlier. Memphis has great talent year in and year out. I said that I believed that the region was the toughest in state. The Memphis region is usually won by a couple of select teams but the region here is middle Tennessee from top to bottom is tougher.