Bradley Football

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Yep football season is getting close. The trash talking is getting going quick. Bradley-Cleveland always gets going early when the teams are competitive. Course I know the Cleveland fans can't stand the fact that Bradley is back to being able to beat you guys. LOL

Oh BTW if you don't our announcer tough. I don't particularly care for yours either. And most of the others that complain has their own homers too, so who cares what they think.

Edited by alt1958

Does anyone know how the 6 way scrimage went this Saturday. Who had the best team of all 6 teams. Any suprises? How did the Chatt area teams do against the team from West Knoxville?

Back to football talk...the trash can wait. Lots of high-horses out there before anyone plays a real game...

6 way scrimmage was good. From my perspective, hard to get a clear overall winner. Surprises included McMinn Central giving Bradley a real challenge. Hardin Valley looked strong. South Pittsburg looked good. Soddy and Brainerd, not so much.

Again, that's one fan's opinion...before I start getting more hate posts! Your opinions are welcome too...if you were there.thumb[1].gif

I know I may be biased somewhat because McMinn Central was the team I went to see, but from my perspective, the Chargers gave as good as they got, especially with the run game. The back field needs the most work, DBs got beat way to much but we moved the ball on the ground really well. Also, we defended the run well. The Chargers stopped Bradely for a lose a couple of times and the QB was nearly sacked twice.

Bradley didn't look very good. OL was slow off the ball. Committed or not, you have to go 100% on every play! Whole team looked sluggish. maybe the exception was Copeland. If the Bears play like this during the season, I don't see them finishing any higher than third in the district and possibly not making the playoffs.And the bad part is I'm a Bear fan.mad.gif

Bradley played Red Bank in the 2nd Quarter of the Best of Preps Jamboree. Won 7-6. Defense had some good plays some not so good. Needs to get a bit stingier in and tighter in pass coverage. Offense looked fairly good, but the run game needs a bit more "omph". Problem with Jamborees is that you see some, but not nearly all any team has to offer.

One thing for certain Austin Sanders turned some heads. Had a number of fans of other schools around me going "Wow".

So now it's the first game week of the season. Polk County is up and gonna a great trip over to Benton to watch another matchup, with a physical hardnosed team.