My annual Tuesday morning rant - and we won this year!

davidlimbaugh

Powers-Limbaugh plan or status quo?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Powers-Limbaugh post-season plan or status quo?

• Powers-Limbaugh plan
    • Leave it as is

I think the Limbaugh plan would help the Farragut's, Bartlett's and Oakland's of the world even more than the current format does. I dont think many teams could beat a Farragut or a Collierville in a 3 game series honestly. But since these teams get to state nearly every year, I think it would allow very good teams to get into the tournament who may have run into a bad night at sectionals (such as Oakland in 2007) in the past.

I'd be in favor of seeding the tournament by record and SOS and then doing an extended, MLB style playoff system. That would make for a very interesting state tournament.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see more of an emphasis put on the regular season. Take the top 4 regular season finishers from each district and send them to the region. Take #1 and #3 from one district and pair them with other districts #2 and #4 play it just like state tournament format two winners face off on Friday (both advance to sectionals. The regional tournament could be played the week of district tournament. The following week sectionals could be played as a three game series you could even have a neutral site. Winners go to state tournament.

I would like to see more of an emphasis put on the regular season. Take the top 4 regular season finishers from each district and send them to the region. Take #1 and #3 from one district and pair them with other districts #2 and #4 play it just like state tournament format two winners face off on Friday (both advance to sectionals. The regional tournament could be played the week of district tournament. The following week sectionals could be played as a three game series you could even have a neutral site. Winners go to state tournament.

Our district and Franklin's district rewards the regular season winner with an automatic berth in the region. The thing that makes the district tournament atmosphere so great is that any team has a shot to get to the region. Ask Red Bank :thumb:

As far as seeding goes, in high school the schedules are so different and the strength of districts and areas change from years to years. Mt Juliet's record is impressive not only because it is great but also who they have played. Blind draw removes any arguments over who should be seeded where....

Great example of how to seed is the 2003 AAA Bracket - one pool may have been the best group of baseball talent ever in one pool at Spring Fling: http://www.tssaa.org/2002Champions/StateBaseball/ClassAAA/State.htm

Edited by davidlimbaugh