Division II-AA Sectionals/State

WesVLT

Given the lack of a strong DII presence on this particular board, I won't be stunned by a lack of response. But it can't hurt to try!

Post your DII-AA sectional/state scores, predictions and other thoughts right here. I'm a Brentwood Academy supporter with very minimal knowledge about this year's baseball landscape.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MUS has punched its ticket to state. The West region's top team swept Father Ryan Friday to advance to Spring Fling. The Owls are the two-time defending runner-up in Division II-AA.

Brentwood Academy and Baylor split their first two games. So did Christian Brothers and JPII. No scores have been posted for the other substate series between MBA and BGA.

BA loses a heart breaker, 8-7, to Baylor in today's "If Necessary" game, after holding a 5-0 lead at one point in the game.

BA misses out on the state tournament for the 1st time in 5 years (State Champs 3 of the 5 years)

Should be a good tournament this year, with MUS as my favorite.

It will come down to pitching to win.

MUS is the favorite.

we'll see. they BARELY got by FR and had FR not pulled Kried who knows how that would have gone. I think any team can win it and BGA may finally get their "ring". based upon the CB and MUS scores (and the horrible call that went against JPII), the west teams are highly overrated. I think BGA might be the best team having seen all of them play. BA gave the last game away or they too may have made a run even with a team that was comprised of Jrs and Sophs. That team is 99% underclassmen (only 1 starting sr) so they will be tough to handle next yr. It will be interesting that's for sure

we'll see. they BARELY got by FR and had FR not pulled Kried who knows how that would have gone. I think any team can win it and BGA may finally get their "ring". based upon the CB and MUS scores (and the horrible call that went against JPII), the west teams are highly overrated. I think BGA might be the best team having seen all of them play. BA gave the last game away or they too may have made a run even with a team that was comprised of Jrs and Sophs. That team is 99% underclassmen (only 1 starting sr) so they will be tough to handle next yr. It will be interesting that's for sure

Did Kreig get pulled in the game or ejected? There is an unconfirmed rumor floating around that Kreig was ejected during his start against MUS. Does anyone care to confirm, deny, or detail the report? If it happened...was it justified? What did he do?

I'd like to hear about the call that went against JPII as well.

In the CBHS-Pope John Paul II game, score was tied at 3 in bottom of the 5th and PJP II had bases loaded and 2 outs. Slow roller hit to second, second basemen fielded it, threw to first. Bang Bang play and umpire called PJP II hitter out. From my vantage point, looked as though he shoulda been called safe. CBHS went on to win game 2 in extra innings 4-3 and won easily on Saturday.