Division II-AA Sectionals/State

WesVLT

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the CBHS-Pope John Paul II game, score was tied at 3 in bottom of the 5th and PJP II had bases loaded and 2 outs. Slow roller hit to second, second basemen fielded it, threw to first. Bang Bang play and umpire called PJP II hitter out. From my vantage point, looked as though he shoulda been called safe. CBHS went on to win game 2 in extra innings 4-3 and won easily on Saturday.

I don't know how to put pictures on here, but if someone posts their email, I'll send you the picture so you can post it here. It's clear as day the runner was safe and JPII was to go up 4-3 to potentially win the series...

Looks like BGA is in the cat bird seat today. There is some excitement in the air on the BGA campus. There is a chance they will be painting 2012 State Champs on their left field wall right next to the 1949 Sub-regional District Co-champion Runner-up banner.

Still think MUS might make it go to 2 games today.

Looks like BGA is in the cat bird seat today. There is some excitement in the air on the BGA campus. There is a chance they will be painting 2012 State Champs on their left field wall right next to the 1949 Sub-regional District Co-champion Runner-up banner. Still think MUS might make it go to 2 games today.

Uncalled for shakin. As insightful as you are as a contributor to the DII AA boards, not sure why you felt it necessary to take a petty shot at BGA for what is painted on their wall.

Edited by repo

Congratulations Coach Myers on your team's big win on Thursday. The moment may have been 19 years in the making, but the moment did come and you and your 2012 team will will forever be known as the first baseball state championship team in school history. You are a great coach...and an even better man. Paint whatever the heck you want on your outfield wall and be proud of it!

Looks like BGA is in the cat bird seat today. There is some excitement in the air on the BGA campus. There is a chance they will be painting 2012 State Champs on their left field wall right next to the 1949 Sub-regional District Co-champion Runner-up banner.

Still think MUS might make it go to 2 games today.

I was glad to see BGA beat MUS instead of Baylor as it added credibility to the best team winning. "game one was a fluke" " they will have to go to two games". This division is the SEC of HS baseball.

I was glad to see BGA beat MUS instead of Baylor as it added credibility to the best team winning. "game one was a fluke" " they will have to go to two games". This division is the SEC of HS baseball.

This championship BGA ream is the best I have seen in last five years in the entire state. They were excellent in all aspects of the game.