AAA State Tournament

FightinIllini

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's coincidence that the top 4 teams with the best records are in one bracket and the 4 teams with the worst records are in the bottom bracket?

Are these drawn from a hat?

I thought they were drawn from a hat but..... If the top four teams are in the upper bracket, then the bottom four teams should be put in the lower bracket. It all makes sense, Go Franklin Rebels!

In case you haven't seen it, here's the link to the bracket: http://www.tssaa.org/2011Champions/StateBaseball/ClassAAA/State.htm

I will agree it's very interesting that the brackets seemed to be split up 1-4 (Mt. Juliet, Farragut, Arlington, and Riverdale) and 5-8 (Germantown, Bearden, Franklin, and Walker Valley). But they're set in stone so we might as well just accept them and move on. I don't really know much about any of these teams, so I don't feel educated enough to make any predictions just yet. Anyone else confident enough to predict who gets out of each bracket?

I thought they were drawn from a hat but..... If the top four teams are in the upper bracket, then the bottom four teams should be put in the lower bracket. It all makes sense, Go Franklin Rebels!

It makes as about as much sense as you do... enjoy it.... Franklin has no chance, worst team in the tourney

In case you haven't seen it, here's the link to the bracket: http://www.tssaa.org/2011Champions/StateBaseball/ClassAAA/State.htm

I will agree it's very interesting that the brackets seemed to be split up 1-4 (Mt. Juliet, Farragut, Arlington, and Riverdale) and 5-8 (Germantown, Bearden, Franklin, and Walker Valley). But they're set in stone so we might as well just accept them and move on. I don't really know much about any of these teams, so I don't feel educated enough to make any predictions just yet. Anyone else confident enough to predict who gets out of each bracket?

Upper MJ or Farragut.... Lower Germantown or Bearden

So it's coincidence that the top 4 teams with the best records are in one bracket and the 4 teams with the worst records are in the bottom bracket?

Are these drawn from a hat?

Yes, blind draw. Only rule is two teams from same region can not be in same bracket.

For us old-timers this feels like 2003 all over again. :)

2012 Bracket:

http://www.tssaa.org/2011Champions/StateBaseball/ClassAAA/State.htm

2003 Bracket:

http://www.tssaa.org/2002Champions/StateBaseball/ClassAAA/State.htm

The 2003 Riverdale team's lineup that year had

RF Nicky Luper, who went on to play at UT Martin

SS Wayne Kendrick, who went on to play second at MTSU and set the single season hit record for the school until Bryce Brentz broke it

C Alex Watson, who played at Middle

3B Clint Alexander, who went on to play at Tennessee Tech

1B Justin Humphrey, who went on to play at Vol State and Middle

LF Justin Jones who went on to play at Middle

P Will Underland, who suffered his first loss of that season and one of the few

of his career in game one, finishing 7-1 that year. He finished with a 30-5 career record.

Other pitchers on that staff were Josh Markham, who lost game 2 and finished 10-2 that year and went on to be drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals, Kyle Smith who went on to Western Kentucky and Chason Choate, who went on to pitch at Tennessee Tech.

8 D-1 players and a draft pick.

And we were the fourth best team in our pool! We were 37-6 coming into the tournament

Hendersonville was loaded! 32-7 Reynolds, Whitaker, Lamberth, Meador and their crew. They were HUGE. And Ryan Steen could pitch

Farragut and Houston were better than that!

Houston had Stuart Pomeranz, Rawley Bishop, Will Hogue, and my second-favorite high school player of all-time, Zach Miller I have an autographed baseball and an SEC-Tournament home run ball signed by and hit by Zach. He was awesome! Just ask my Tullahoma friends. :D

Farragut had future UT weekend pitcher Craig Cobb, Florida State ss Tony Delmonico, future All Conference USA CF at East Carolina Harrison Eldridge

future MLB'ers Kyle Waldrop, Michael McKenry

It was a pretty talented bracket. All our bracket offers this year is a Georgia Tech Signee, A Vandy signee, an Ole Miss signee with a 37-2 career record and 4-time state champion Farragut.... The other bracket isn't exactly chopped liver either. Pretty good baseball this week...

Edited by davidlimbaugh