Vic Wharton (Rumored to be MOVING Again?)

I also heard that there was some incident involving his father (football and track coach). If true, perhaps this was a factor also. Anyway, 4 or 5 different schools in the last 4 or 5 years. That alone should raise flags. It should be interesting where he lands. You've got to wonder if colleges might start to wonder if they can keep this kid, in school or at their school for more than a year.

The younger Vic (son) made multiple mistakes and broke multiple rules at CPA and yes he was expelled for a year. Kids do make mistakes and yes they deserve Grace, CPA did the right thing and stood up to its principals. Coach Wharton also did a few things that were inappropriate thus not retained either. Actually they both seemed nice and enjoyed being around them, however this is an honor code that must be kept at CPA. I applaud them for standing up to their standards. I wish both old and young Vic the best of luck.

Never thought I would see the day that sportsnutdad would give CPA some "props". Maybe there really is this thing called "Grace" over there at Lipscomb. :)

Which simply proves there are those who can be objective even when not able to give "props."

The younger Vic (son) made multiple mistakes and broke multiple rules at CPA and yes he was expelled for a year. Kids do make mistakes and yes they deserve Grace, CPA did the right thing and stood up to its principals. Coach Wharton also did a few things that were inappropriate thus not retained either. Actually they both seemed nice and enjoyed being around them, however this is an honor code that must be kept at CPA. I applaud them for standing up to their standards. I wish both old and young Vic the best of luck.

All depends on timing, did everyone make it through their sports seasons? Sure, there are many who will stand up to their prinicpals, but more important to stand up for their principles, which at times can be sadly and sorely lacking.

I'm (somewhat) sure that unless he moves 35(?) miles that he has to sit out a year. Unless, of course, his dad gets a job at the new school. I think that changes the the transfer rules.

IMO (and a suggestion for you), based on your past posting history in this area (tssaa rules), you really shouldn't be the one making an attempt to intrepret those rules.

All depends on timing, did everyone make it through their sports seasons? Sure, there are many who will stand up to their prinicpals, but more important to stand up for their principles, which at times can be sadly and sorely lacking.

So could CPA's forgiveness or "grace" (remember there were "multiple mistakes") extend during a potential champsionship season, and end once it is over? Remember, "Coach Wharton also did a few things that were inappropriate" also. Multiple incidents involving both father and son......a timeline for the events stated above would be most interesting.

So could CPA's forgiveness or "grace" (remember there were "multiple mistakes") extend during a potential champsionship season, and end once it is over? Remember, "Coach Wharton also did a few things that were inappropriate" also. Multiple incidents involving both father and son......a timeline for the events stated above would be most interesting.

from what I understand, all issues happened at the end of year during track season which is when he was taken out of school, thus affected the relay teams he was on, etc. I believe CPA made quick decisions.

... Coach Wharton also did a few things that were inappropriate thus not retained either...

I have to take issue of bringing up a subject like this one in a way that is general and vague and leaves too much to the reader’s imagination. Trust me, since not all of CPA’s leadership decisions in areas like these are principled decisions there is a tremendous responsibility to provide accurate information. If not provided, how is that fair to this man? What right does anyone have in talking about a man’s profession, the way he provides for his family, without providing the details? What Bible verse is being applied that allows a person to take that type of liberty?

This is an extremely sensitive topic and one should first try putting yourself in this man’s position. Is this how anyone wants to be treated (e.g. the golden rule), especially without providing details? If this is not how a person wants to be treated, then he or she has no business posting the information. If a person not willing to provide the details to make sure other people are not drawing the wrong conclusions, then the subject should not even be broached.

I have to take issue of bringing up a subject like this one in a way that is general and vague and leaves too much to the reader’s imagination. Trust me, since not all of CPA’s leadership decisions in areas like these are principled decisions there is a tremendous responsibility to provide accurate information. If not provided, how is that fair to this man? What right does anyone have in talking about a man’s profession, the way he provides for his family, without providing the details? What Bible verse is being applied that allows a person to take that type of liberty?

This is an extremely sensitive topic and one should first try putting yourself in this man’s position. Is this how anyone wants to be treated (e.g. the golden rule), especially without providing details? If this is not how a person wants to be treated, then he or she has no business posting the information. If a person not willing to provide the details to make sure other people are not drawing the wrong conclusions, then the subject should not even be broached.

Coming from you ex-coach brooks this carries zero weight.......you are the darkest seed in the ground

Coming from you ex-coach brooks this carries zero weight.......you are the darkest seed in the ground

Doesn't answer the question, is it fair to this man - Coach Wharton. Since you were the original poster, that is what you should be most concerned about, not what you think about me (since your latest personal attack isn't even in its proper context). I wonder why that is... is it because you think I am being hypocritical without supporting your argument? (Consistently seems to be a bad case of that going around.) So in your mind if you think I am being hypocritical that alleviates you from your responsibility? What Bible verse are you using to support that position (looks like you have a couple of verses to find - please let us all know when you find them)? As you and others continue to hide behind your screen names, don't answer the tough questions that apply to your posts and simply respond by name calling/attacking others, you and those alike are the ones lacking credibility.

And BTW, this is coming from you/the same person who has said – “Coach T is designed to follow your particular team, support them and enjoy them†AND “If all posts were just about the teams, the kids and the game it would be different but too many posts are about badgering each other not the sport.†Care to offer any explanation how your references to Coach Wharton among others falls into that category which is based on your own personal, self-proclaimed CoachT posting standards? Is it possible this comes under the definition of hypocrisy - expecting something from others you are not able to follow yourself? Or are you simply overly concerned about my posts as opposed to your posts? Of course I will not be surprised if I don't get an actual answer to any of my questions, but I still think they are worth asking. Course multiple questions on multiple posts may be too hard to follow.