Mcnairy Central

jmu031

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McNairy is not as big as they were last year. They have decent size, but not huge. Obviously they lost Browder (QB) from last years team. His replacement was there leading receiver, so they had to replace both (in a sense). RB is good, but the injury bug hit them in week 3, 4 and 5. Haven't heard much from them since, or when any of there injured will be back. Hope that helps!

McNairy is a very good football team when they are healthy, but they have not been 100% since the game before they played Crockett Co. When they are healthy though they are a force to be reckoned with. My sources tell me that everyone will be back playing by the last week of the season. So they will be back to the team that I know by playoff time!!!

Guest bulldog

has mcnairy played anyone decent besides crockett. word is that their region is down. word on the injuries is most are backups and they have just struggled. did a 2a team beat them??

Posted by bulldog:

has mcnairy played anyone decent besides crockett. word is that their region is down. word on the injuries is most are backups and they have just struggled. did a 2a team beat them??

McNairy hasn't exactly been faced with tough competition this year. Crockett is by far the toughest test they'll face in the regular season. Some of the teams that were tough last year, such as Hardin County and Dyer County, are way down this year. They'll end up 2nd in the region.

And they did lose to 2A Decatur Co. Riverside, 28-14.

McNairy have showed many signs of improvement over the past few weeks with wins over Fayette Ware and Chester Co. These opponents are not that good, but it seems that McNairy is starting to click on all cylinders now heading into the playoffs. Expect a much different team from earlier in the season in weeks to come.

But Coach Browder's affinity for running up the score bit him hard last night. His senior QB, Will Shelton, blew his knee out with about 5 minutes to go in the game with McNairy ahead 42-7. Browder had no business having his first string in there at that point, and now his arrogance is going to cost his team dearly.

I do feel sorry for Shelton, but I don't have much pity for McNairy as a team. One of the assistants reportedly asked Coach Browder, as Shelton was being carried off the field, "was it worth it?" Browder's response? "Yes."

Tough blow for the Bobcats in a meaningless game. Ive heard about Browder's reputation over the years and you are right..bad move on his part. I know during either Pratt's first or second year at Crockett, Browder put his first team defense back in the game near the end to keep Crockett from scoring inside the 10 with McNairy leading by 40+ points. Word is that Pratt vowed to pour it on if he ever got the chance. Gotta believe he enjoyed the 4th quarter of this years game. Bear in mind these are only rumours and not facts. See...the internet is good for something. Its a great place to spread rumours and get crap started. God Bless the Internet.

Just One Man's Opinion.