Harriman

WartburgBulldog

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Front page of Roane County News tells how Calahan handles things...School Board memebers WAKE UP! !

I was told almost everyone who applied could not be hired, because they did not have a teaching job open what they taught. Calahan & Clark had a hard time finding someone this late.

You Harriman people need to back off Calahan he doing best he can do.

Listen Chill, don't personally know Balcom or Jones - both may be great guys, but one of my points was that he has more experience - true. He also is a grad of Harriman and you should take care of your own. It irritates me that an O.S. grad with less experience was given the job. Balcom was not even given an interview for the position, nor the WB position and LC hired a former head coach for the girls position. I know someone who knows the family well because they still live in Harriman. Any of the other people that BlueDevilPride mentioned should have been allowed at least an interview as well. I know that coaching at WB in district 4AAA is by far the toughest basketball district in E. TN - you can't argue that. I also know that the former coach at WB (Baumann) is very well respected in the coaching community and was successful for the talent level at the school. He probably learned quite a bit coaching there - just saying. By the way, why does coaching under Norris make someone "highly qualified" to coach? Where has Norris coached where he did not have talent? Wait for it...........................oh yeah, nowhere. Great talent makes great coaches and I would argue that Norris is not a great coach - he's had great talent. Wow, he won at Oak Ridge and Webb where they both have talent and unlimited resources. Yet, he still has not brought home a golden ball - interesting. Once again, a monkey could coach and win at either one of those schools. Not a knock on Norris, just stating the truth and any good coach will tell you the same. Explain your reasoning....... I wish Harriman the best no matter the hire. It just does not make any sense at all. I completely agree with BlueDevilPride that school board members should boot that clown of a principal. My sources on that one say it won't be long.

Dont know allot of the guys you all are discussing on here. But your observation of Ricky Norris is dead on!! Give me talent and I will make it make me look like a good coach. I am somewhat familiar with Harriman though, and this community would greatly benifit from an alum at the helm. It just brings the community together and promotes a good positive energy around the program.

Excellent point..Harriman had alot of job openings, social studies,librarian, special education, Foreign langage and graduation coach..and Calahan hires a girls coach who won't even teach at school and a boys coach who teaches math..the coaching job was posted as a social studies position..once again none of this makes sense...And that is not a good leader..WAKE UP SCHOOL BOARD!

Here is themy TSSAA post for the boys job..it doesnt say math postition...and that is what Calahan hired..does this make sense to anyone out there..no knock on Jones..

BBK- Harriman High School (Harriman, TN) is taking applications for Head Boys Basketball Coach. Positions available at this time are Social Studies (emphasis on Economics/Government and World Geography), Special Education, and Graduation Coach. Applicants need to send resume to Bobby Clark, Athletic Director, at rlclark@roaneschools.com or fax to (865) 882-6479. Deadline to apply is July 23, 2012. (06/27/2012).

• 3 weeks later...