Signal Mountain at East Hamilton

Me and Hermit just got home. As Hermit says, crow ain't so bad if you got enough hot sauce and cold beverage. drinks-1.gif

Ain't much you can say, 'cept we got our #### whipped by an excellent football team. EH is big, strong, and fast. Best team I've seen play in a while, and I ain't sayin' that just 'cause they whipped us. They will beat everybody on their regular season schedule worse than they beat Signal tonight. Their offensive line totally dominated the line of scrimmage. Not takin' anything away from Jackson, but he scored most of his touchdowns untouched because the OL was opening holes even I could have run through. And their DB's had our recievers completely blanketed. There was nobody for Phillips to throw the ball to.

Frankly Signal played worse tonight than I have ever seen. Props to the HurryCains for making us look bad, but I think some of that was our young guys getting rattled. We start a lot of sophmores and juniors this year. When EH got three easy scores early on long runs after a fumble and an interception, the rout was on.

I expect to see our guys rebound, and this whoopin' might help us in the long run. Will be interesting to see what happens if we face the HurryCains again in the playoffs.

Just glad to know that they will be moving up to 5a next year. EH has finally arrived. I don't know where they all came from, but if they can continue to attract all the best players from NE Hamilton, they will be a force to recon with for years to come.

Good to here the Hermit went with ya! Tell him we said hi and we're thinking about him. :thumb:

Edited by TCstinger
  • Upvote 1

Troll that was probably the worst statement you ever made. Maybe your name should be changed to MountainPot(Kettle). I Have no doubt East Hamilton has more players that live within a closer proximity to their school than you. The only thing is its OBVIOUS which of your kids you send out on the field don't live on the mountain.

Racial profiling.

Troll says, "Ain't much you can say, 'cept we got our #### whipped by an excellent football team". "  EH has finally arrived".

Thanks Troll, maybe now the boys can get some respect for all the hard work they have put in. It's been tough on these guys to hang together thru the development of this team. All along, we knew the talent was there, this is the first year they truly have that varsity team, with guys that have been in the program for 4 years. Again, I think they can go all the way this year.

Easy beast. Respect is something that takes a lifetime to earn and only a second to loose. And in football that means you have to earn it each and every Friday night. You can't just show up and win. But you guys are well on your way to earning it this year just don't blow it.

A Signal Mt. fan should be banned for making this assumption about another team.

Troll that was probably the worst statement you ever made. Maybe your name should be changed to MountainPot(Kettle). I Have no doubt East Hamilton has more players that live within a closer proximity to their school than you. The only thing is its OBVIOUS which of your kids you send out on the field don't live on the mountain.

Nothin' hypocritical about my statement. All the guys at EH and Signal are legally attending those schools, and with the exception of McClendon last year, are assumed to be eligible to play by T$$AA rules.

Many others on this board have commented that it is hard for any Hamilton County school to get really good because the good athletes are all scattered around. When Signal opened, we got a lot of good athletes from Red Bank, Sequatchie, CCS, Baylor and other schools. As we started having success, other good athletes gravitated to the program. We had problems with one of them's eligibility last year, and we paid for it.

When East Hamilton opened, they got a lot of good athletes from Ooltewah and Brainerd. As they have grown, other good athletes from NE Hamilton County have gravitated to that program.

If a good athlete can find their way to a good program (legally, according to the school board) and is eligible to play (according to T$$AA), I got no problem with that.

I hope East Hamilton continues to grow it's athletic programs and attract good athletes.thumb[1].gif I hope Signal does the same. redthumb.gif

Nothin' hypocritical about my statement. All the guys at EH and Signal are legally attending those schools, and with the exception of McClendon last year, are assumed to be eligible to play by T$$AA rules.

Many others on this board have commented that it is hard for any Hamilton County school to get really good because the good athletes are all scattered around. When Signal opened, we got a lot of good athletes from Red Bank, Sequatchie, CCS, Baylor and other schools. As we started having success, other good athletes gravitated to the program. We had problems with one of them's eligibility last year, and we paid for it.

When East Hamilton opened, they got a lot of good athletes from Ooltewah and Brainerd. As they have grown, other good athletes from NE Hamilton County have gravitated to that program.

If a good athlete can find their way to a good program (legally, according to the school board) and is eligible to play (according to T$$AA), I got no problem with that.

I hope East Hamilton continues to grow it's athletic programs and attract good athletes.thumb[1].gif I hope Signal does the same. redthumb.gif

It's not an East Hamilton or Signal problem, each team wants to go as far into the playoffs as possible. The problem is in the way Hamilton County handicaps itself with restrictions not used by the larger counties up north and the fact there are too many schools to close together. The "loophole" you use is NOT for a good athlete to find a good football program but for a good STUDENT to improve their academic standing. The animosity derives from improving your program at the expense of others. Isn't it funny how Chattanooga area schools not only compete but win state championships in other sports but not so much football when the classifications are 4a or over. The thing is, is that kids that want to play for another program should have to move into that school zone. This is the right way to do things, then no one can say that kid doesn't live at so and so address.

Good luck to ALL Chattanooga area schools!

Make no mistake Signal is a very good football team....... They will be a great team by year end....... If you don"t think so hide and watch. Nor does this game make East Ham the fav to win the gold ball. I told all my friends on this board all Signal needs to be thinking about is week 0! I also said do not over look the Ram Train next week. Sure Signal will win it..... but do not take your foot off the gas.

Three years of fustration, 3 years of butt whippings, A team that worked very hard, all off season, coaches that never gave up on them fans that never gave up on them.... It all paid off last night.

Both these teams will work hard and get better......... Bank on it....... Price, Gatewood are to good not to make this happen.

I am not Logan Jackson's dad............ But you guys on the Mtn if you no the coach at UTC need to tell him to rethink his mind on this kid..... Do not let another great player slip out of town..... They have little to no interest in him. This kid, and some others stepped in 4 years ago as Freshman and played. Those kids and LoJack are the true hero's in all this.

Enough about Signal Mountain - who would win if East Hamilton's OFFENSE played against East Hamilton's DEFENSE? Chattacane, Beast, EHGreen - tell us

here we go, EH shut up them signal boys then turned right around and are claiming to be the best thing since grannys hot apple pie! must be a chattanooga thing! still got to insist on seeing it!