District 14A Predictions

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt is on top until someone knocks them off. Trenton has lots of excitement, athletes, and a great coach, but they also have a extremely difficult first four games...all before they play a district game. That schedule nightmare is a leftover from the former coach. Union City is loaded...enough said. Lake County could surprise some folks. Bottom line, if Trenton can survive with a good attitude and get into the district schedule, then look out. However, I think Humboldt wins it, the UC/Peabody winner second, and Lake County fourth, then S. Fulton, Halls, and Greenfield. Having said all of that...I would not be placing too many bets on anything among the top 4.

Lake County may finish 4th but I would not sell them short. The falcons have struggled this fall and I think alot of people are judging the falcons by this. The falcons will be in the thick of the district race and very well may finish in the top 2.

I agree, taterheads will be pulling for you guys.

The Guru says,

This District is between Humboldt and Trenton. And Trenton may have the upper hand this year. Yes it does have something to do with the Coach, but Trenton has kids that can play and will not be overpowered by UC or LC. I like Union City to win the 1A side followed by Lake County, South Fulton, Halls and Greenfield.

To be totally honest I haven't said anything about who will win District 14. Don't put words in my mouth POSER.

I knew he wasnt the real Guru by looking at his picks.You're the only Guru that I put a little faith in.I'm sure Humboldt will be loaded.We know Uc is suppose to be State Bound.Heard Trenton has improved.I know Lake Co will be better or just as good on offense.And South Fulton has had some really good teams the past several years.Should be a great year if nobody suffers any serious injuries.Looking to see how Lake Co fares in the Passing or 7 on 7 camp.

The "poser" stands by his picks.

So far,about as I expected with the exception of Humboldt being 0-2.Thought they'd be 1-1 at this point.Union city abaout as I expected.They do look strong.Trenton is 0-2 but just about everyone would be 0-2 with the teams they have played.Plus their coach can pretty well say,no matter who we play from here on out,won't be any better than the teams we have played.seems to have played Huntingdon tough last night,only being down by 4 points late in the 3rd quarter I believe.Was surprised that South Fulton beat Bruceton as big as they did and equally surprised to see them lose to West Carrol by a large margin.Not that they lost but by the score.Halls is 2-0 and some are saying the Tigers look to be improved.So it looks to be a great year in the coming weeks.