Cooekville Soccer

thekeg55

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by thekeg55:

What does everyone think of Cookeville soccer for the upcoming season?

It depends on how many players they lost from last season and how bad they want to keep winning. I think their only fualt last season was that they werent as aggressive in the midfield as they should have been. Thats why they got creamed against Clarksville in the semis. They need to stop trying so hard to be pretty and worry about winning lose balls before they can be a possession team. Its there though.

but i think that if cookeville had had their full team and had been 100 % healthy, the game against clarksville would have been closer.

cookeville has the potential to be decent this year, they just need to come together as a team. they have good leadership, and they should be pretty good up top. depending on how strong or week district 7-aaa next year, cookeville has a chance to compete for the district again. another state run, not likely, though.

I don't see how Cookeville doesn't make it to State every year playing in that Sectional and Region. There is "maybe" one good team out of that section and another decent team or two each year but never any powerhouses. That section usually is the weakest team in the state tourney every year. The other three sections usually have at least 3 teams in each one that could compete for the state championship. Cookeville looked good and if they start being more aggressive in the midfield they'll start cuising through their region.

wow! sounds like they lost their whole squad almost. well that doesn't really matter, all that means is that it is someone else's turn to step up and lead. i think they will do alright, and it would make me really happy to see them just drill tullahoma: if t-town even has the chance to get that far. i don't foresee a district title for them this year.

[Edited by memphisone on 11-9-02 8:50A]