Cooekville Soccer

thekeg55

Way to go Toro. I get tired of all the experts too. Most of us understood completely. You were kind of defending the folks from the Cookeville area.

It's easy for some people to sit back and say what they would have done, if only (fill in the blank). I've been reading the same thing on the wrestling board by people from CBHS. Complaining about why they didn't win a wrestling tournament.

Warren County was at the state tournament two years ago because they deserved it. They beat all the people in their area. He may not like it and disagree but the score of the game said that on the night they played the game, Warren County won.

And the state should be completely split: public and private. Oops, this is Cookeville's thread.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that cookeville wasn't even the best team in the region last year-tullahoma dominated you from start to finish you were lucky to win in the region finals-and of course usuing your logic the best team doesn't always win

Tullahoma may have dominated Cookeville - but Cookeville went and Tullahoma stayed home. That's why we play the game and don't vote. But it's interesting that the vote before the tournament was Bearden #1 and Clarksville #2 and that's how it ended. I don't recall seeing Tullahoma near the top. Maybe Tullahoma voted that they were better.

Why does everybody put Cookeville down?

thanks for the encouragement sam.

cookeville club play tullahoma twice and both games came right down to the wire. first game was 3-2 i believe. next game was 2-1 cookeville until like the last 2 min. and then cookeville had a defensive mistake. the game ended 2-2.

im not sure about the school season, but i believe it will be close also.

just responding to CHS assertion that they were the best team in the region the last two years when they stayed home in 2000 and didn't even make it out of the district if i recall-thanks for making my point your right losers stay home-which is what Tullahoma did in 2001 and Cookeville did in 2000

• 2 weeks later...

and tullahoma made it to state in which of the past two years?

and when we played you all for the region championship, we had an off game. we really didn't even play well against ooltewah, either. but we found a way to win.

and cookeville has only been good for two years. heh, my freshman and sophomore years, we were rather horrid. it was an accomplishment to score a goal against oakland.

You missed the point you made the assertion that you were the best team in the region the last two years-once again Tullahoma hasn't made it passed region either year-but in 2001 you didn't even make it out of Semi of District so your proclamation of being the best team in the region the last two years doesn't hold water-just trying to make a point and use Tullahoma as an example-or crap even White Co could say hey we were the best team in the District we just lost all our district games cause we had a off night-just like you can say in 2001 we were the best team even though we gave up 5 goals in semi of District-Warren Co best team in 2001 and Cookeville Best team in 2002 to the winner goes the spoils

• 2 weeks later...

caden, in the '01 and '02 seasons, cookeville lost only two region games. one was the riverdale debacle in the first round of districts in '01 and the other was the shelbyville fluke in '02.

cookeville's combined record against franklin county and tullahoma, the two strongest teams in that region, in those two years was 4-0.

case closed.

dave, i'm doing pretty good. college is nice and fun. i have a test in two hours. blah. good luck this season, and if i don't go to boston for my spring break, i'll see you on march 1.

Hey guys, last year Farragut shut out Cookeville in a tournament and I heard they were playing them this year in the regular season , anybody got any thoughts on how this one will turn out?? The scoop is Farragut is better than last year but they lost some good players, and as usual they have to face Bearden who will be strong. But listening to ya'll maybe Farragut or Bearden won't stay with Cookeville this year...Just looking for imfo from your side of the state to share in the west