Class AA District 11

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth may be in a "win and you're in" suitation. Waverly might be aswell?

With a lot of help from other teams putting out teams that currently have 3 or 4 wins. Neither will have a victory over a team with a 500 record unless Harpeth upsets Cheatham. Neither can finish in the top 2 in the district. A whole lot of things will have to fall into place for one of those teams to get in. Many years there are a half dozen teams sitting on that bubble the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season that get knocked out by teams that finish strong. W's is the #1 tie breaker. After that you get into bean counting.

Right now in 3A:

1. 24 teams have 5 or more W's. They are in before Harpeth or Waverly. That leaves 8 spots.

2. 12 teams have greater number of teams with 500 records than Harpeth or Waverly.

3. 9 teams have greater number of wins over teams with 500 records.

4. 7 teams opponents have more W's than Waverly, 10 more than Harpeth.

5. 11 teams opponents have fewer L's.

Those 8 spots are going to be filled by:

1. teams that get W's in the last 2 weeks of the season.

2. Teams whose schedule stays above 500.

3. Harpeth has to beat the 3rd ranked team in 3A to earn their 1st win over a team with a 500 or better record which will pull them even with about 4 others.

4 and 5 won't enter into it. The differential is much too great.

There are 32 teams out of 57 that are going to the playoffs. W's are the best way to get it which is flawed. Theoretically I could schedule 10 of the 25 that didn't get in the year before and make it to the playoffs more often than not.

Edited by ksgovols

Not much change in C a l p r e p s

Cheatham-54 (3)

Camden- 120 (15)

Waverly- 270 (42)

Harpeth- 276 (43)

Stewart Co- 285 (47)

Creek Wood- 294 (53)

Montgomery Central- 328 (57)

Everybody below Cheatham and Camden will wind up below .500.

These rankings really show how terrible this district is. Harpeth, Stewart County & Waverly are all in the bottom 10 of teams in class 3A in the state, while Creek Wood and Montgomery Central are both in the bottom 5 of teams in class 4A in the state. It does make me wonder how good Cheatham "really is". Don't get me wrong, I know they have a good team, and a good opening season win against Fairview, but it will be interesting to see if they are really a contender or if maybe they are getting some false confidence by beating up on some terrible teams in District 11. Just a thought.

Edited by philmeyer

Well it's a shame because the weak district hurts Cheatham's ranking in a computer poll, but they have played a pretty good non district schedule with Fairview, Mt Pleasant with their D1 felon, Sycamore and Jo Byrns who is traditionally strong. Complacency with the 11AA teams at the end of the regular season is the only thing that concerns me come playoff time. Camden will have to come out of the West Quad which is typically under rated in my opinion.

Camden will get a high seed in the west. I have them projected as th #2 seed in Q4. They could play at home all the way until the quarterfinals (and be on the opposite half of the Q4 bracket as South Gibson and Milan and possibly even Fairview).

Cheatham is 1 victory away from the #1 seed in Q3 which would give them homefield throughout the playoffs. The Cubs quad looks to be loaded with CPA, Smith County, likely Goodpasture, and a solid Westmoreland team.

How is the west underrated????Team from the west have been in the big game last few years.No privates or open zoned schools,the west is at a disadvantage instead of over rated.

Look up the definition of UNDER rated and then look at the TSSAA rankings and then look at the AP polls. I'm saying the West is stouter than advertised. Athletic wise that is....