Class AA District 11

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a very difficult loss for Harpeth to take last night. East Robertson is a "must win" game if they want to go to the playoffs. They should get back to even (3-3) with a game versus Montgomery Central this upcoming week HOWEVER they finish with a run that includes Sycamore, Camden, Waverly, and Cheatham. Outside of Waverly none of those games appears to be in the Indians favor.

Waverly got a huge win last night versus Parsons-Riverside. If the Tigers can get wins in their games against Creek Wood and Harpeth then I would look for them to be in the playoffs. They, like Harpeth, also have both Cheatham and Camden remaining on the schedule. The Camden game is this upcoming week and I wouldn't eliminate any hope because Waverly is playing well while the Lions are reeling coming into the game. Having said that I would guess that Waverly's best chances to get to 5 wins would be Creek Wood and Harpeth.

Camden has lost 2 tough ones in a row. I will be interested to see how they respond heading down the stretch run this season. The Waverly game will be a better one that it appeared to be just 2 weeks ago!

The other district game this upcoming week is Creek Wood vs Stewart County. I think this will be Creek Wood best shot to date to pick up their first win of the season. It's not "out of the question" to think that the Red Hawks could right the ship these next 3 weeks. Stewart, Montgomery Central, and Waverly are all "winable" games. They do close with Cheatham and Camden though but recent history does show that Creek Wood gets better in the 2nd half of the season.

It goes to over time after both team miss an extra point. Those are automatic when Canady was at Harpeth. You get to taking them for granted. The Waverly game should be a good one. Do you still think Waverly or Harpeth get into the playoffs with 4 win seasons?

Waverly has 3 wins so far and they still play Creek Wood and Harpeth. The way they are playing right now I like their chances of getting to 5-5. Harpeth plays Montgomery Central (and also Waverly in Week 9). The Indians also play Camden, Sycamore, and Cheatham........YIKES! I will guess Waverly goes 5-5 and makes the playoffs this year.

Waverly's game against Creek Wood next week is a "must win" for their playoff hopes. If they lose that one then it's going to be almost impossible for them to get to "5 wins".

Harpeth's final 4 games are against Sycamore, Camden, Cheatham, and Waverly. They will have to win 2 of those games to get to "5 wins". That loss to East Robertson in Week 5 hurt them. They did however have a nice bounce back performance last night against MC.

Stewart County is 2-5 on the season but they could easily be 4-3 (their losses to Waverly & Harpeth were both 1 score games). I look for the Rebels to beat Montgomery Central but their matchups with Camden and Cheatham don't appear to be promising.

Camden defeated Waverly 30-0 last night. If they take care of business the rest of the way they will finish as the runner-up in the district and get an automatic berth in the state playoffs.

Cheatham had this past week off and now they have a 4 game run against Stewart, Waverly, Creek Wood, and Harpeth. The Cubs control their own destiny as far as winning the outright district title and getting a #1 seed in the state playoffs are concerned.

Creek Wood and Montgomery Central, the 2 Class 4A teams in this district, are both very young and rebuilding for the seasons to come. If they can keep it going to get better and better as the weeks pass (like Cheatham did in 2009 and Harpeth did in 2010 with younger teams) then both could be very good in the seasons to come.

Cheatham: 7-0 (3-0)

Harpeth: 3-4 (3-0)

Camden: 5-2 (2-1)

Waverly: 3-5 (2-2)

Creek Wood: 1-6 (1-2)

Stewart: 2-6 (1-3)

Montgomery Central: 0-8 (0-4)

This Week: Camden vs Harpeth; Cheatham vs Waverly; Creek Wood vs Montgomery Central; Stewart County (BYE)

If Harpeth beats Camden + Cheatham beats Waverly then Harpeth will "clinch" a spot in the Class 3A State Playoffs by virtue of assuring themselves a spot in the Top 2 of District 11-AA. This is a "huge game" for Harpeth as they can erase the ghosts of the disappointing losses to East Robertson & Sycamore with 1 great effort on Friday night. If Camden wins here & wins next week vs Stewart County then the Lions will lock up a spot in the playoffs.

Cheatham travels to Waverly. The Cubs are on a roll while the Tigers appear to be fading with 2 blowout losses in their last 2 games.

Creek Wood plays Montgomery Central in a game pitting the 4A teams against one another. Creek Wood is coming off of a high after a big win this past week. They will look to win consecutive games and get back to an even mark in the district.

You forgot Nashville Christian. The Indians have had plenty of opportunities to get to the 5 win playoff plateau. They have 3 W's against 3 11AA weaker sisters. Although the top 2 are pretty dang good 3A football teams, the rest are among the weakest in the state. They can really only beat each other.