Murphy Fair's 2012 Tennessee High School Football magazine released

ScottShasteen

• 3 weeks later...

Murphy Fair's 2012 Tennessee High School Football magazine has been printed and distribution has begun. It takes a few days for Murphy to get copies to booster clubs and retail outlets across the state.

Best prep publication in the state! I'll be picking up my copy this week.

I found this publication 15 years ago in a convenience store in rural East Tennessee while on the way to a golf trip. At $7, it was the best entertainment I could have bought for downtime on the trip. I have been buying it ever since, save for 2011, when the demise of Borders made getting convenient access to it nearly impossible in Nashville. If Murphy has extra copies, I'd get one. On that note, I really wish some more Nashville locations would be added to the distribution list; I had to drive an arm and a leg to get one this year, and that at a store that wasn't actively displaying it. I just happened to notice a stack of copies behind the counter - it was the traditional thickness/binding that gave it away, as they were sitting face down on the counter.

I see criticisms of the book on other threads. Sure, it has mistakes, but what doesn't - scores get reported incorrectly on websites, in newspapers, on TV, etc., every Friday/Saturday. It's a great bang for the buck even with the difficult editing process.

To all, here's to a bicker-free 2012 season...let's avoid the in-fighting and peeing contests with others about Division supremacy. These boards need a jump-start, as too much of the bickering and childish retorts have seemingly diminished user input. This game is too exciting to be trivialized by some of the commentary on here. I know my mouth will stay shut...until it is pried open, of course.popcorneater.gif

• Upvote 2

Great post RRR - I agree - boards have diminished, this year should be very competitive in DII - great subplots going on all over the league, as for Murphy's Magazine - is there anywhere remotely close to Nashville that sells it? I used to buy it every year.

I bought it at a (very inconvenient) Sudden Service gas station on Nolensville Road heading away from downtown and past Old Hickory Boulevard. Opry Mills has it, but the line just to get on the grounds was a 1/4 mile off the exit ramp when I went, so I ditched it.

I'd recommend the mailing option if neither are close and you live in Nashville.

Amen to all you said, RRR. Where in Opry Mills is it? I frequently have a little time available during the day rolleyes.gif

The name of the store is Tennessee Sports Fan, but even with all that time, I'm not sure you'd want to waste it in that mass of humanity.

MF's website has a listing of places where it is sold. Some of those locations look like they may be more convenient.