Region 6A/District 12A Pre-Season Poll

Region 6A  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who'll get the top spot this coming season?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see WC get it again but this year will quite possibly and likely be rough for the Cats. Maybe they'll surprise us all. I can only hope.

I see it going down like this,

1. Mt. Pleasant

With their stud QB returning (and others?), they have no excuse not win the region. They could have easily finished 2nd last year if they hadn't given up after being beat by WC.

2. Columbia Academy/Collinwood

CA thought they were the stuff last year until they were put in their place. To my understanding, they were a somewhat young team as was Collinwood. I'm told the Montgomery kid for Cwood can throw it 'like' Ward did. I'd like to see this game.

4. Wayne County

With only one returning starter, maybe some of the fire and mojo from last season will carry over to the young guys. A lot of people aren't expecting much from these guys and they're aware of it. Hopefully they'll set out to prove some folks wrong.

5. Loretto

They had a pretty good JV team from what I saw last year.

6. Cornersville

Corndogs.

7. Perry County

With the loss of the alpha and omega, PC once again becomes a basketball school.

8. Richland

I think they still have a football program.

Sounds about right. I don't think any team stands head and shoulders above everyone else. Mt. Pleasant might if their new staff works out. They have the talent, but they have the talent most years.

Edited by 1RT

I'd like to see WC get it again but this year will quite possibly and likely be rough for the Cats. Maybe they'll surprise us all. I can only hope.

I see it going down like this,

1. Mt. Pleasant

With their stud QB returning (and others?), they have no excuse not win the region. They could have easily finished 2nd last year if they hadn't given up after being beat by WC.

2. Columbia Academy/Collinwood

CA thought they were the stuff last year until they were put in their place. To my understanding, they were a somewhat young team as was Collinwood. I'm told the Montgomery kid for Cwood can throw it 'like' Ward did. I'd like to see this game.

4. Wayne County

With only one returning starter, maybe some of the fire and mojo from last season will carry over to the young guys. A lot of people aren't expecting much from these guys and they're aware of it. Hopefully they'll set out to prove some folks wrong.

5. Loretto

They had a pretty good JV team from what I saw last year.

6. Cornersville

Corndogs.

7. Perry County

With the loss of the alpha and omega, PC once again becomes a basketball school.

8. Richland

I think they still have a football program.

mTp couldn't have finished 2nd in the Region last year and PC finishes no lower than 5th even without the Alpha and Omega gone.

mTp couldn't have finished 2nd in the Region last year and PC finishes no lower than 5th even without the Alpha and Omega gone.

akaGlazed, you never answered my question. What does PC have returning? Don't just say they finish no lower than fifth, give some reasoning behind it. And yes mtp could have finished 2nd last year. If they would've played every other game the way they played against WC the would've been a powerhouse in the region, but they just gave up and put forth minimal effort after they left WC. Ask their former coach.

akaGlazed, you never answered my question. What does PC have returning? Don't just say they finish no lower than fifth, give some reasoning behind it. And yes mtp could have finished 2nd last year. If they would've played every other game the way they played against WC the would've been a powerhouse in the region, but they just gave up and put forth minimal effort after they left WC. Ask their former coach.

I think we have 3 defensive players returning, and not 100% sure on offense(2 that I know of off hand). I think we will have a decent backfield, but Im not sure of what offense we will run yet. We lost ALOT but not everything. I will just have to wait and see how things play out. The PC won't place lower than 5th is just a gut instinct. The mTp would have under no circumstance placed 2nd is just straight facts. Im not sure they will finish 1st this year, they should but it doesn't mean they will, mTp has a LONG standing record of being choke artists in big games.

Coaching staff is bringing the boys along real good. Focus has been on conditioning; they will be the best conditioned team in the region for sure. Weight room is really showing; just wait till you see #1 on the field. Still tall and slim but his upper body is unbelievable.

mTp has really shined in passing league; I don't think they have lost a match. Passing defense has been awesome.