Top 3 in 4A !

Oh okayy took that the wrong way .. We have done pretty good soo far . How's Giles looking. How many returning starters

9-10 on defense and 6-7 on offense depending on formation. Heck you cans see some of them yourself from last year. Look on YouTube for al Cobb, Ben bates, Darren may, Kenton baker search them with highlights or Giles county.

Agreed 100%. ~But, so far Covington is taking care of the winning games part.

def Bolton 28-8 (a 6A team that is currently 2-2)

def Munford 49-7 (a 5A team that is 2-2)

def Dyersburg 20-3 (a 4A district rival that was in the top 10 in 4A when the game was played)

def Brighton 29-7 (a 6A team that is 1-2 right now)

So, with victories over two 6A's, one 5A, and a top 4A team, we are doing OK so far.

are those teams from jolly ole england!

So, since Giles County and Covington seem to be 1-2 in all the polls, I decided to do a schedule comparison, based on Sonny Moore's Power Ratings.

Average power rating of opponents through the first 4 games:

Covington - 104.89 (Bolton 96.25, Munford 96.57, Dyersburg 105.14, Brighton 120.02)

Giles Co. - 99.21 (Lincoln Co. 99.21, Lawrence Co. 100.82, E. Hickman 89.20, Hickman Co. 99.43)

So, based on this info, it would seem that Covington has played a tougher schedule so far, but Giles Co. has been running up bigger victory margins. It would be really interesting if these two met in the playoffs, assuming that both stay healthy and continue undefeated. However, we have 6 more games in the regular season, so I don't want to put us there yet.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

So, since Giles County and Covington seem to be 1-2 in all the polls, I decided to do a schedule comparison, based on Sonny Moore's Power Ratings.

Covington - 104.89 (Bolton 96.25, Munford 96.57, Dyersburg 105.14, Brighton 120.02)

Giles Co. - 99.21 (Lincoln Co. 99.21, Lawrence Co. 100.82, E. Hickman 89.20, Hickman Co. 99.43)

So, based on this info, it would seem that Covington has played a tougher schedule so far, but Giles Co. has been running up bigger victory margins. It would be really interesting if these two met in the playoffs, assuming that both stay healthy and continue undefeated. However, we have 6 more games in the regular season, so I don't want to put us there yet.

to tell the honest truth, giles is not that good. they've played nobody.

You forgot to mention he has GC almost a touchdown favorite over Cov. and neither of us ranked 1st.

You forgot to mention he has GC almost a touchdown favorite over Cov. and neither of us ranked 1st.

Yeah, there is that. Of course, right now a lot of that has to do with where you start the season. His numbers probably get more accurate as he gets more game results to input to his program. Greeneville is still getting the benefit of last year's championship, as I see it. Otherwise, how does a 1-2 record put them atop 4A?

Ah, the beauty of high school football is that there is no BCS to decide the championship. It is all decided right out there between the white lines as it should be. Still, it is fun to play around with the numbers between games.

What's this about the Giles Co, coach being suspended for two games? Does that hurt the team's performance for the next two games?

You could put Ricky Taylor or Jackie Smith on the sidelines for the next 2 games and the outcome would be the same! Mercy rule in effect in each by half. The spoils of a weak district this year.

You could put Ricky Taylor or Jackie Smith on the sidelines for the next 2 games and the outcome would be the same! Mercy rule in effect in each by half. The spoils of a weak district this year.

You don't think the TSSAA will stop at a 2 game suspension do you? The GC principal doesn't think it will be enough to satisfy them. This has got to be hovering in the back of all those boys minds...what a distraction.

You don't think the TSSAA will stop at a 2 game suspension do you? The GC principal doesn't think it will be enough to satisfy them. This has got to be hovering in the back of all those boys minds...what a distraction.

It's about as distracting as a 85 year old man sitting on the beach at a Hooters party barb. Unless he streaks nobody will notice. icon_cool.gif

Every player on this team is a Giles County product and believe me they are focused....thumb[1].gif