Forrest Rockets vs. Perry County Vikings

Week 0: Perry County comes in with a new era of players and they are playing a very good 2A team out of Chapel Hill. Perry County won last year at Forrest 22-7 with the Rockets up 7-0 at the half. Can the Vikings start the season on like it did last year against this team with a "W". Or will the Rockets come to Linden and get revenge of last year's loss? Predictions?

V.I. KING says: Perry Co.-20

Forrest-14

Forrest will have to play a lot better than they did tonight against Cascade if they exppect to beat PC. Cascade topped them 26 - 0.

Apparently, Forrest didn't want to show what they had... I think they played their JVs most of the night so the 26 - 0 may not mean a lot...

Edited by boxman

Defensively it was actually pretty good, most of the points where off of offensive turnovers, But there where actually a bunch of bright points. They definitely needed to get the nerves worked out last week. If they do that and play with some consistency. I think it ill turn out to be a pretty good game.

That's great! That makes me feel better that the Defense stood their ground enough just like i thought they would. I knew the Offense would make some turnovers but as long as they got those cobwebs out of their system before Friday Night then i think we will be alright.

Apparently, Forrest didn't want to show what they had... I think they played their JVs most of the night so the 26 - 0 may not mean a lot...

Then again it might, as Loretto varsity beat Forrest varsity 5 TDs to 1 TD a week or so back. That was varsity against varsity. The second teams also did well against Forrest like 2 TDs to 1 TD. Forrest was not as big as I was expecting and couldnt run the ball very well. They did air it out a few times but there defense needs some work. Im thinking Perry County wins this one.

Perry County ended up getting beat by Bruceton 20-0. I don't know any of the details so i'm not sure how it went. They should be ready for next week but if they got beat by Bruceton that much, then they REALLY have to step it up next week to beat you guys. I have faith in these young men, they want to prove a point.

Defensively it was actually pretty good, most of the points where off of offensive turnovers, But there where actually a bunch of bright points. They definitely needed to get the nerves worked out last week. If they do that and play with some consistency. I think it ill turn out to be a pretty good game.

Edited by sportsfan68