Farragut vs Dobyns-Bennett 6A

ArtVandalay

I'm ready to see what the boys can do .There are always concerns going into a season and this year is no different.I've not been able to watch the guys like I have for the past several years but have heard enough to know where we can improve the most.If this team can stay away from injuries and grow up at a few positions,it could be a very good season.Farragut isn't coming up to Kingsport and hand the game over without a fight. I'm ready to watch the Tribe respond to this first game battle,rain or shine,ROLL TRIBE!!!

I'm ready to see what the boys can do .There are always concerns going into a season and this year is no different.I've not been able to watch the guys like I have for the past several years but have heard enough to know where we can improve the most.If this team can stay away from injuries and grow up at a few positions,it could be a very good season.Farragut isn't coming up to Kingsport and hand the game over without a fight. I'm ready to watch the Tribe respond to this first game battle,rain or shine,ROLL TRIBE!!!

Hoping for a good, dry, and safe game tonight

Looks like the weather might cooperate tonight for some outstanding High School footbal. Looking forward to the band and all the kids being the best they can be and for the Tribe to play there best and start of the season with a win. If you've never experienced a football game at J Fred Johnson Stadium, you're missing a truly remarkable experience for High School sports. No where else have i gone over the years even comes close to the entrance of the team and the band at DB. This is like going to a College game. Actually, pre-game at DB is more exciting than running through the T at Neyland. And i love my Tennessee football. Anyway, if you get the chance to go to a game at DB i would like to hear your true feelings about the experience. Oak Ridge aint bad either with the smoke and the train whistle marching down the stairs. Time to kick it off in Kingsport!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand the Admirals are very big up front, they lost some good skill people from last year, but usually has enough depth to replace them. Coach Eddie Courtney does a fine job over there as does Graham Clark at DB. It should be a great game and a measuring stick for both teams. Like most Oak Ridge fans, we would love to get DB back on our schedule, its a great game to have and I would even be OK with dropping Maryville to do it. We will see them in the playoffs anyway, the way they got it going over there, it is almost automatice you will meet them if you go far enough.

How are the plans going for the upgrade to J. Fred? I saw the drawing and it looks good. Wish we could get the OR City Council and School Board interested in upgrading Blankenship. Don't think we need the turf, we have a great grass field, but we need work on bleachers and other things.

I will be listening on the radio, good luck to my friends at DB....

• Upvote 1